CAP 21 - PRC Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
READ THIS FIRST.

You do not need to apply to the CAP PRC in order to participate in CAP events. All polls and discussion threads in this forum are open for public use; the PRC serves an entirely different function that is separate from the current CAP process.
This thread is for people who want to apply to the Create-A-Pokemon Project Policy Review Committee. Remember, the PRC is in charge of discussing policy changes to the CAP Process in general, all of which take place in the CAP Policy Review Forum (which everyone can see but only CAP PRC are able to post in). Note that if you're a guest viewing the CAP forums, you cannot view the CAP PRC forum, so that is all the more reason for you to register and see what CAP is all about! It's a great place to read the opinions of some of the most seasoned CAP veterans.

Please stuff as much relevant information about yourself as you can in these applications; a short few lines will no longer suffice. In terms of guidance, it would be wise to describe a) your CAP experience, b) your Smogon experience, and c) your Pokemon experience. To apply, describe your involvement in the CAP Project in all areas, including but not limited to: past CAP polls, PR discussions, playtesting RMTs/discussions, CAP analyses workshops, #cap on IRC, CAP metagame involvement, submitted material, etc. It can really only help your case if you provide links to example posts for things like submissions or suggestions. I cannot stress this enough: please take time to fill out your application thoroughly. Also, recall that this is a rolling application, meaning that you can apply whenever it is convenient for you to do so.

As an aside, we're not looking for perfect members. There is not going to be a limit on the number of users the CAP moderators accept for the PRC, and we would prefer more to less. I doesn't overly matter how long you've contributed. We're mainly looking for the best users in CAP to step up and start leading, regardless of join date. If you feel like you have contributed positively to CAP in any way, please feel free to apply. Note that significant work within the Policy Review Committee could earn you a Community Contributor badge. Remember that we are especially looking for active CAP members to be involved in our discussion. Furthermore, rejection now will not disqualify you permanently; signups will be open again after every CAP. Inactivity or serious misconduct is the only way to lose PRC status, so you have nothing to lose by applying and quite a bit to gain.

The CAP 21 Policy Review Committee

Birkal
Bughouse
Broken Phobias
capefeather
Cretacerus
Da Pizza Man
DarkSlay
Deck Knight
DetroitLolcat
DHR-107
DougJustDoug
EternalSnowman
Exclaimer
Frat Dude
HeaLnDeaL
Ignus
Imanalt
Integer Mova
jas61292
KhorsoTheGreat
NumberCruncher
nyttyn
paintseagull
QueenOfLuvdiscs
Qwilphish
Reapehify
snake_rattler
Snobalt
sparktrain
Stratos
SwedishBiscuit
Ununhexium

All of these members will be given posting privileges to the CAP Policy Review subforum. They will have the ability to create threads on important CAP issues as well. They've also been granted the ability to vote on these issues and shape the future of CAP as a whole. PRC members, don't forget that you can PM any of the CAP moderators if you have any questions or concerns. We hope we can all be as active and vocal as possible in order to get work done. We can't wait to work with all of you to make positive changes in this project!

Many of our users want to get started on CAP 21 soon due to the stabilization of OU. I am not one to hold back process, so if you'd like to bring up a PR thread, shoot me a message about it immediately. I'd like to get started on Topic Leadership Nominations in about one week, so unless we have anything major to discuss, let's hop right to it!

Last edited:

EternalSnowman

DPL Champion
Hey! I am here to submit my application to join in on CAP21. I have participated a lot on CAP however it wasn't recent work as my main contributions came from Volkraken, Cawmodore and Mollux while I dabbled in Plasmanta and Naviathan at the beginning. I mainly participated in Plasmanta and Naviathan when discussing movepools, typing and concepts. I do play CAP on Showdown quite a lot, at least whenever I get the chance to. I did also do the Cawmodore playtest, but failed to get into the top 8, I believe I was 1rst for a while, but ended at like 10th. As for battling, I have been involved within the CAP tier since the end of Gen4. I was very much intrigued with the idea of creating my own pokemon. I have been dabbling in and out of the creation of CAP mons since then, with notable mentions being above (I didn't sign up for Smogon for some of them, I had a different account which was deleted). I want many things for this CAP, but what I want most of all is something that currently doesn't exist. I want some new concepts to fit the bill of what a CAP can truly be.

As for my Smogon experience, I joined Smogon last year in the summer, but have been using Showdown since it had about 200 regular users. I play mainly OU in Smogon and currently participate in many OU discussions, including the viability ranking for non-mega and normal OU. I have not succeeded recently regarding laddering, but my most successful period was at the beginning of XY.

As for my pokemon experience, I started playing on the release of DP, getting Diamond for myself. I have expansive knowledge on pokemon, as I play consistently and know lots of trivia and important stat benchmarks for different pokemon. I haven't successfully done any OU tours or similar like the SPL, but I am more of a casual player. As of recently I have started to get a lot more involved in competitive battling, and expansive use of the forums as well.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi I've been on the TLT twice and been participating in the project in general and specifically the PRC for quite a while. I'm still around, even if it's less than I used to be. And y'all gave me CAP contribs and HOps on the irc channel so you must think I'm passably important around here. I'll keep it that short.

Nothing I think needs urgent discussing now. Some movepool refinement is the most imminent thing and that is months away.

I'd also like a general discussion about the power level CAPs should be aiming for in ORAS. Ideally, I would have wanted this to happen BEFORE the next CAP, but at this point I think it's too late. I should have brought it up a month or so ago in an actual PRC thread rather than just talking about it briefly on irc. Oops.

I could also maybe see a discussion at some point about how the concept workshop is operating and possible improvements (cuz the quality of the concept slate for what became Naviathan was less good than typical imo).

I would like to join the PRC and I think I'll do great as a member of the committee. I've been an active member of CAP for the majority of CAP 20, though before then I was poking around with them for a while, silently. This lurking has been ever since the playtest of Malaconda, which I used often as it fit well in my Black/White Sun team. I have submitted entries for many steps of the CAP process, including Name, Movepool, Pokedex Entry, and Prevo polls. I have also voted for most of the polls, being proud of the results of these polls regardless of the success of my own entries.

I've been playing Pokemon for 8 years now, starting with Emerald. I was an avid fan of the series for a year at the time, never really gaining the knowledge of competitive Pokemon for many years. After I turned 10, I stopped playing Pokemon, because of no access to the games, as well as forgetting about it. However, Gardevoir managed to remain my favorite when I returned to the series in 2012, easing myself into the competitive scene on Pokemon Showdown. In the B/W era, I always used Sun teams, as I often used Volcarona and Victini, and they just smash things in the sunlight. However, I only really played "competitively" with a few friends, stopping for a few months when they stopped.

When X/Y hit, I started playing competitively again, on/off for a while, until I jumped into CAP, which I quickly became active in. Mostly involved with the metagame, I quickly made friends with many of the CAP Project showdown room's regulars, especially cbrevan and Subject101 (I am friends with the rest of you guys, just moreso with these two :3). People often see me as a positive chat presence despite me getting slightly carried away with my raunchiness (thank you cbrevan for that amazing alt), and because of this, I have gained Voiced rank fairly quickly.

Nowadays, I'm regularly involved with the CAP community, both on the forums and on Showdown, with an analysis under my belt now and another on the way, with more on the way. I am hoping to become more involved with the CAP process in other ways besides battling, such as concept submissions and even more submissions for various stages of the CAP process. For these reasons, I think I should be considered to become a member of the PRC.

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
Hello, I'm back for this round of PRC. I've been a member of the PRC for 3 rounds now I believe and I have been participating in CAP projects for longer. I am currently a part of the Concept QC team :)

Like Bughouse I agree that this PRC needs to iron out the movepool issues because while discussing movesets last time there was a lot of discussion that simply fell under the cover for various reasons. I see this PRC as being relatively easy after the massive overhaul last time with this session being mostly fix up work.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi I've been around since necturna, finished second in two playtests (fuck tilt), prc a bunch of times (including making a thread that changed nothing last time yay!), and recently basically designed and pushed for almost every feature of naviathan last cap, including being a major proponent of the offensive + defensive boosting model, and suggesting typing and ability on irc. Also long posts are bs and we should maybe include discussion of that culture issue in this prc, so i'm going to disregard this:
a short few lines will no longer suffice.
If anyone in the cap community really doesn't know me at this point maybe look at some of my previous prc apps?

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Back again I guess.

I guess most of you know me by now. Been around since Volkraken, Naviathan Movepool Leader, active participant in all facets of CAP. Am willing to lurk around the discussions and share opinions when appropriate. We don't need a whole lot of fixing as far as I can see, but we'll be able to iron out whatever needs to be altered.

I'm Mova, and I've been interested in CAP since I was 14, back when Mollux was about to finish if I recall correctly. I didn't join Smogon until I was about 16, but I didn't fully understand the rules and whatnot until two or three months later due to some confusions. Anyway, I used lurk and vote from the end of Cawmodore's flavor processes up until Naviathan's competitive and flavor stuff. I even submitted an art design that I unfortunately gave up on. I'll be back for more, though.

I play Pokemon both casually and competitively, albeit more the former than the latter for in-game purposes. I want to complete the Pokedex, but I also want to learn how to play competitively.

Regarding PRC, I'm willing to lurk around first, and share my opinion if and only if it's the time and place for it. I have free time, even during summer school, so I'd like to help in any way possible. Thank you for your time.

I suppose I should throw my hat into the ring.

I'm NumberCruncher, and I've been contributing to the CAP project I believe since the typing discussion on Volkraken. I tend to mostly play on OU suspect ladders and CAP when I'm on Showdown.

I worked on the PRC for Plasmanta, I've been a consistent contributer to both Plasmanta and Naviathan, and I ranked reasonably well in every CAP ladder and suspect test since I arrived. I also have a pretty reasonable schedule that will allow me to contribute promptly and to the best of my ability.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Well here goes nothing

Hi, I am Da Pizza Man, I have had a fair amount of interest in CAP ever since mid-Malaconda and I have started contributing ever since Volkraken. Now I'm going to be pretty honest here, I am an active player of the CAP metagame, am currently in the works of creating an analysis for the cap metagame, voted for many polls, have submitted a fair amount of work (Although really the only one to get anywhere was my Pokedex submission for Naviathan and a ability submission for Plasmanta's prevo), and I would also say that I do participate a fair amount in the playtests. When I am on Pokemon Showdown or the CAP IRC, I also tend to talk in discussions pretty frequently, although I am not on the latter as much as I would like to be. I am determined to be a positive influence on not only the PRC, but CAP itself

My Smogon experience somewhat begins a little bit before Volkraken began. I have been lurking around ever since around the end of Gen 4 and have frequently watched battles in order to get a grasp on competitive battling. I mostly play Ubers and RU, although I also do have a pretty good amount of experience in OU and participate in discussions about OU, including viability rankings and other information threads. I also do tend to be a driving force for the supply of information for some OMs, especially around when ORAS was released, I helped keep a fair amount of them up to date.

I started playing pokemon a bit after Diamond and Pearl was released in the US. I have a lot of knowledge about pokemon, and I can say many aspects about the game and that knowledge will always be growing, and I am constantly battling on Pokemon showdown. I can't really think of much else to say about my Pokemon experience that I haven't already said, so I'm just going to keep that short and sweet.

Thank you for reading this

Hello everyone,

I’ve participated in CAP since the beginning of the sixth generation. Starting out, I mostly lurked and voted in the polls, but I’ve become much more involved in the process over time and am an active participant in forum discussion. In the most recent project, I submitted the winning stat spread for Naviathan, and had the honor of battling nyttyn in Naviathan's inaugural battle.

It's no secret that I'm heavily involved in the CAP Metagame. Check my forum presence; I have a couple hundred posts in the CAP Metagame subforum, where I’m a member of the QC team for our analyses, participate in forum discussions, and host projects such as Battle of the Week and the Sample Teams thread. I’ve also written a handful of analyses for the metagame that are now onsite, and have more on the way. In addition to my presence on the forums, I also have a strong and consistent presence in the PS! CAP Project room, where I’m currently a room driver.

Outside of CAP, I’m also quite involved with Little Cup; I’ve written a bunch of LC Analyses, am a member of the LC QC team, and have gotten voting reqs and participated in every 6th generation LC suspect test to date. I also play a good amount of Ubers and OU on PS! when I'm not doing CAP or LC (or Monotype Random Battles).

All in all, I greatly enjoy participating in and contributing to the CAP Project and the metagame, and would certainly offer a unique and useful perspective as member of the PRC. Thanks for reading!

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello

I'm applying for PRC again. I've been on the PRC and TLT in the past (hopefully again) and have been around since Volkraken if I remember correctly. Though I didn't really say much last round, I'd like to think I'd have valuable input when asked, especially on IRC channel or CAP room on PS, both of which I visit frequently. I actually have a lot to say on a potential topic I may have to bring up sometime soon. Also, even though I didnt post particularly often outside of my TLT section, I hope to change that especially if we start over the summer (sorry life was busy)

In regards to other Smogon stuff I play UU a fair bit and write a whole bunch of analyses (like 17 or something like that).

I don't really know what else to say here because there really isn't much. You can trust me as a good user because I have a shiny badge under my name :)

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Hey everyone, I'd be glad to take part in the policy review during the upcoming project. :P

I've been around CAP for quite some time now, namely since the beginning BW period with Tomohawk and Necturna, which I mostly observed casually. The first process I actively participated in was Mollux, which is up to this date one of my favourite CAPs, partially for nostalgic reasons, but also due to it's highly dynamic creation journey, which ended up giving us a brand new niche in the metagame, and lots of insight in the relevant subject that was BW weather. Since then I've always enjoyed the discussion and learning aspects which the CAP project is focused on. Even though people tend to be disappointed at their final products, I found the Malaconda, Cawmodore and Volkraken projects to be especially enjoyable due to the varied discussion they generated during the creation process.

Back in the BW days, I made a decent amount of submissions for all of concept, stats and movepool stages, but in the end none of them were too successful, unfortunately. While I still make submissions once in a while, I'm mostly focused on discussion nowadays, and prefer giving feedback to others during the submission phases. The stages I enjoy the most in the process would definitely be the concept assessment, and the typing and threat discussions, since they have such a central and critical role in the process, and generally generate the best discussion. Naturally you'll find many of my posts in these stages, some of the more recent ones of which I'd like to link at this point as suggested in the OP.
CAP 20 - Concept Assessment 1: Initial boosting move suggestion, Discussing the initial slate, Strong boosts vs weak boosts
CAP 20 - Concept Assessment 2: Discussing the slated boosting moves, How to approach CM + DD
CAP 20 - Typing Discussion: Brainstorming potential typing combination with other users
CAP 20 - Threats Discussion: Expected threats to Naviathan sorted by categories
CAP 20 - Primary Ability Discussion: Potential primary abilities for Naviathan
CAP 19 - Concept Assessment: Discouraging the opponent from KOing you
CAP 18 - Non-attacking Moves Discussion: Status moves for Volkraken that might benefit the core
CAP 18 - Typing Discussion: Threats by typing which should be covered by Vokraken
CAP 18 - Concept Assessment 2: Preventing Lucario from being outclassed

These are the most recent and noteworthy posts I could find, specific responses and feedback to other people have been left out.^^

I tend to put lots of thought in my posts, and like to outline both sides of an issue adequately in my argumentation, even though that means that my posting frequency might be rather moderate at times. That being said, I try to submit at least one comprehensive post during every major discussion.
Also, I think it is very important to take into account the larger picture with your argumentation, which is why I base my argumentation on the concept assessment first and foremost, and secondarily on the threadlist. Unfortunately, discussions tend to loose sight of the actual concept all to quickly if not controlled, and like to focus on minor details on the threatlist without questioning why those were included in the first place, something that certainly has a negative impact on the further process. I do think the policy in regards to the threadlist could be defined a bit more clearly, and I'd be glad to bring up discussion and suggestion about this if possible.

As for my experience with competitive battling, I started out in early DPP OU, and have tried out almost every other tier since then. While I mostly enjoy the lower tiers nowadays due to the increasing power creep, I still make sure to keep up to date with the standard OU metagame, and greatly enjoy analyzing and exploring its dynamics.^^

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey everyone,
I'd like to apply for PRC as I believe I'll be able to prove my worth as a committee member. My CAP experience started in gen 5, just after the creation of Aurumoth, whilst mostly on Showdown where I avidly played the CAP metagame and still do and currently a Driver in the CAP Project room. I spent a lot of my time lurking and looking at how they were being made, and only recently started voting on the polls and submitting my ideas in the discussion part, more notably Naviathan, where I'm currently in the top 4 of the playtest tour. I'm also part of the CAP QC team as well as on Viability Council for the metagame where my knowledge of the CAPmons can be expressed and shared with the community.

I have only really been on Smogon for a relatively short time, about 15 months, but I've been able to be very involved in the NU community as well as my pokemon knowledge, I'd say, is pretty good (the amount of times my friends ask about speed tiers is ridiculous). Where I'll admit I'm not the greatest at OU, but I have enough experience to know how the tier functions and what the metagame looks like.

Even though I started the competitive side of Pokemon, really, 6-8 months ago, I've been playing since Ruby/Sapphire came out and have kept playing the handheld games through the years so it's been a big part of my life.

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I've updated the OP and permissions with our new Policy Review Committee. Congrats to those who made it!

Remember, applications are still running. If you would like to post in any of our Policy Review threads (or post your own), make sure to apply here. Let me know if you have questions!

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, I was dumb and didn't realize this thread went up a week and a half ago.

I'm Deck Knight.
I submit things.
I occasionally win polls.
I am so old I remember when Syclant was but a wee speck in an eggsac of thousands.
If there's been a leadership position in CAP, I have probably been in it at least one and a half times.
Process wonk.
Please accept me!

Ignus

Copying deli meat to hard drive
Hi, I'm here to yell more!
I'm Ignus, and I've been around since Tomohawk. I've started submitting stuff recently and I hope to continue doing so. I enjoy long walks on the beach and whining about the CAP process. I was the first member in CAP history to have their concept denied in the workshop!
I'm back for more PRC if you're willing to have me. Long live CAP!

Time to explain myself. I've been a member on Smogon's forums for almost a year, but had been lurking while playing on Showdown for almost a year earlier. I became briefly and minutely involved during CAP 19 where I voted in a few polls, but only recently have I decided to hop into CAP for the full ride.

My CAP experience has been relatively short, but in no means small. I frequent the CAP room on Showdown and was involved slightly in the IRC during its more active time periods. My first CAP participation on the forums was for CAP 20's art poll, and from there I've voted in virtually every poll. I was involved with discussion for Flavor ability (though more recently with its pre-evo's typing and abilities). I submitted two standalone entries for CAP 20: name and Pokedex submission, the former of which I ended up winning.

I've never been a particularly great battler (or so I think) and am usually intimidated by competitive discussion, though I do join in CAP room metagame talk from time to time and consider myself a knowledgeable member of the metagame. Elsewhere on Showdown I am known in the Tournaments room as a frequent and well-established host of tournaments (shameless plug: arctournaments.weebly.com). I may or may not have a something much larger and public of test to my coordination skills coming up on the forums. I also seek to trademark 'three semicolons' as the premier shorthand of a generation of emoticon and symbol users (;;;).

Outside of Smogon, I promote CAP through social media and word of mouth, hoping that gaining the interest of even a few people can encourage them to participate, or to remember in the future and perhaps be curious enough to see what the project is about.

One of the main reasons I waited to long to put an application is because in the past I usually viewed myself as a "yes-man", or someone who wouldn't hold or voice dissenting opinions, for better or for worse. However, I've come to a point where I know that can share different opinions as long as my main goal is to support and hopefully provide new and beneficial ideas for the CAP Project that I truly do enjoy and seek to improve/fix.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Im ponymon, i was TLT for cawmadore and TL for plasmanta, hopefully thats enough for PRC access.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hey All I'm Broken Phobias!
-

I've been a part of the CAP metagame for about 4 or 5 months as an estimate. I first became a part of CAP just before the Room challenges was deleted thanks to a good friend of mine called Zeonth. It took me a little bit to find my way around and figure out the meta but all was well. I remeber watching the battle with naviathan and thinking "Whoa that mon looks like a beast!" only to see it have no use in the battle. I try to do all I can in the CAP Metagame voting in polls and proposing new ideas. I was that one dude who got the CAP challenges thing going on for a short while before Cruci came into being.
-
I've been a part of smogon for almost a year! I haven't really contributed much outside of the CAP threads but that will probably change seeing as I'm getting into UU and Battle Spot more and more. I usually post on the Viability rankings thread but to no avail.
-
I started playing pokemon around the Age of 5 first starting with Fire Red and Leaf Green. I was not aware of Competitive battling until I found Showdown which was three years ago. I have then since tryed to hone my skills as a competive player. Pokemon has been a huge part of my life and I plan on keeping it that way.
-
Thanks you for your kindness and consideration!

Hi, my name is Khosro, and here's a little bit about me:

I am a long-time CAP Metagame player; I have played for over two years, rising to my current role as Room Driver in the CAP Project room on Pokemon Showdown. I am quite active in the room, often discussing CAP Pokemon, CAP metagame strategies and CAP projects, as well as helping others teambuild. I've critiqued several analyses such as Tornadus-Therian, Diancie, Colossoil, Cyclohm, Lopunny and Syclant, while writing analyses on Necturna, Scizor, Beedrill, Rotom-Wash, and I am currently writing Altaria and Sableye.

While I may not be as skilled a battler as some of my fellow staff, I have maintained a fairly high GXE in my adventures on the CAP Metagame ladder, as well as participating in and winning many CAP room tournaments over the years. I've also participated in forum tournaments, winning the ORAS-CV Test tournament and becoming a Team Leader in the CAPTT.

I've participated in a few projects to a limited degree (and voted in a lot of polls), but I've spent a lot of my time lurking in the process (for all of the 6th Gen projects) and have participated in all of the Gen 6 playtests. If you're wondering why all of my CAP participation is limited to this generation, it's because I joined competitive Pokemon at the very start of the 6th Gen, and became interested in CAP through the CAP Project room on Pokemon Showdown! not too long afterwards. I am only a casual OU player, but I have enough experience of the tier to understand the current meta.

Thanks for your consideration.

Hello.

Relevant information about myself would include:

• I'm a very pragmatic and logical person and therefore I'm only interested in honest results. This often gives people the perspective that I'm disrespectful when in reality I'm blunt. I find there's a fine line divided by civility. Tact has no bearing on logic and so I believe being civil as one would in a competitive academic setting should suffice for such a discourse. I can see how this would turn people off and that's okay; I'm not interested in people but ideas. The idea rests on its own logical meritocracy and if it's a good idea it's a good idea. Simple. Basically, I'm a human robot - a cyborg. How cool would it be to have a human robot in your focus tank? (fantastically cool, that's how!)
  • I've been playing Pokemon since '99, and competitively since '11 when I joined Smogon. My account coincides with the X/Y release, but I've been using Showdown/Smogon before my registration on Smogon.
  • I participated in the Plasmanta CAP project; playtested Volkraken, Plasmanta, and Crucibelle; been interested and apart of the CAP meta since '11; and at one point attempted to write for the second edition of The Player (though that never came to fruition due to personal issues). At one point before my heavy inactivity I was in the top 20 of the CAP tier (during/after the Volkraken playtest). My ornery nature however has relegated me from any positions of decision and I'm content with that; I'm not interested in moderating but the facts.
  • HeaLnDeaL suggested I come apply to the PRC if I genuinely wanted to help contribute to CAP. And I do; I believe the CAP meta is in a similar situation the Ubers meta was in last year and growth (and a change of direction) is necessary for the success of the to-be-meta.
  • I've read and been keeping up to date with the recent policy review dialogue and am well informed.

I hope to contribute soon. Cheers.

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Hi! My name's snake_rattler.

I've been playing the CAP metagame since August (around the Navi playtest). While I was looking around on the Smogon forums, I stumbled onto these threads, and I absolutely loved it. I read through a very large portion of the archived threads, and I finally joined CAP. I have two analyses in QC for Tornadus-T and Mega Venusaur, and I have commented on the Tomohawk analysis (over-excitedly though). Sometimes I say weird things in the chat, but I try to get my weird ideas across.

I was getting a little sick of LC because I played that for a year (and somehow never got that good at it), and I was wary to play CAP with no OU experience. I participated a little in the Crucibelle playtest and participated in the Crucibelle discussion. Now I have a firm idea of what CAP is now, and in which areas we need to improve. I enjoy other metagames and random triples at the moment, and I wish to learn other tiers soon.

I've played Pokemon since the release of Diamond and Pearl. It wasn't until Gen 6, however, until I started to play competitive, and that's how I settled into LC because at the time it wasn't as big, and the chat was a little nicer. The appeal of the games has never died in me (much to many of my irl friend group's dismay).

I hope this application suffices! I feel this change in direction is important to CAP's future. Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Last edited:
Hi I'm Frat Dude or as my peers know be by Fratty. I've had brief stints with CAP before but have never really committed to the meta fully, but I'm looking to change that. I participated in both the Navi and Crucibelle playtest though mainly flying under the radar and observing discussions from a far. I'm normally a quite person and usually prefer to keep my ideas and points to myself. But I'm at the point now were I feel comfortable enough to talk and contribute since I've gotten to know quite a few of you.

I've been on Smogon under multiple alias dating back to the DPP days. I've just recently creating the Fratty persona after becoming a college man and getting into my current Fraternity Kappa Alpha Order. I was mainly a double and ou player playing in multiple tours back in my heyday but never had the commitment to take my game to the the next level. I've been tutored though the Smogon Tutee program multiple times and have a pretty vast knowledge when it comes to metas past and present. I've really taken and interest to the cap metagame reading almost everything there is to offer on the topic, somethings two or even three times.

As I mentioned before I've been playing Pokemon since DPP. I played Pokemon more competitive then because as will all know DPP was the best meta. I still enjoy playing competitive but don't fine myself entering to many tournaments unless they really peek my interest. I know most if not all of the benchmarks for speed tiers and etc. I'd like to see CAP move in a more high level play direction and I'd like to see the integration of players with higher battle iq's to the meta as well. I'm really interested in this because I believe the CAP metagame is about to take a really important change in direction just as the Doubles, VGC, and Ubers metagames all did recently and I would like to be apart of this process.

Welp I think thats about enough info, and I hope you consider my application shaka brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)