Camomons

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wobbuffet @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: I'm lazy
Bold / Calm Nature
- Charm
- Mirror Coat / Counter / Encore
- Same as above
- Same as above

Fairy-type Wobb makes this meta good XD. Mirror Coat weaknesses are mostly covered by fairy and Counter covers Poison-type moves. Normal, on the other hand, makes you immune to the STAB of the Ghost-types which can escape you, making U-tun+Ghost-type cores unable to deal heavy damage back.

Also, people be moaning about no Dark/Poison+Balloon Shed stops when this exists:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: lazy
+Def Nature of some description
- Iron Head
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Shed can't toxic/burn it, can't attack in fear of helmet and has rocks set up on it, making it unable to come back in until they are removed, and having great defensive typing. BoltBeam STAB Starmie be fearing dem Fire Blasts and can't spin in fear of them.

Edit: Does Weezing get any dark-type moves? If yes, its a wall with no weaknesses if it goes sludge bomb+dark move

Last edited:
Wobbuffet @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: I'm lazy
Bold / Calm Nature
- Charm
- Mirror Coat / Counter / Encore
- Same as above
- Same as above

Fairy-type Wobb makes this meta good XD. Mirror Coat weaknesses are mostly covered by fairy and Counter covers Poison-type moves. Normal, on the other hand, makes you immune to the STAB of the Ghost-types which can escape you, making U-tun+Ghost-type cores unable to deal heavy damage back.

Also, people be moaning about no Dark/Poison+Balloon Shed stops when this exists:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
- Iron Head
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Shed can't toxic/burn it, can't attack in fear of helmet and has rocks set up on it, making it unable to come back in until they are removed, and having great defensive typing. BoltBeam STAB Starmie be fearing dem Fire Blasts and can't spin in fear of them.

Edit: Does Weezing get any dark-type moves? If yes, its a wall with no weaknesses if it goes sludge bomb+dark move
Yeah, it gets Taunt, Memento and Dark Pulse
A good set:

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt / Memento / Gyro Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
Steel/Poison is another good typing with Levitate. It is only weak to Fire type.

Last edited:
Sand offense gets a lot better here. Wanna know why? Stoutland.

Stoutland @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Superpower / Play Rough
- Pursuit
- Play Rough / Superpower

Dark/Fighting and Dark/Fairy give Stoutland great coverage and let it function as a fast+strong Pursuit trapper for Sand teams that don't want to run Dark-type Tyranitar. Hell, you can jigger typings so that Stoutland, Excadrill, and Tyranitar have good defensive and offensive synergy, probably. Or at least not bad synergy.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
- Iron Head
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

I dunno about Dragon Tail, any Steel/Fairy can't be phazed out. Roar feels more tempting since I can't imagine Soundproofers rising in an OM like this.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I dunno about Dragon Tail, any Steel/Fairy can't be phazed out. Roar feels more tempting since I can't imagine Soundproofers rising in an OM like this.
Ya Roar works too. The reason I said Dragon Tail was because the damage it deals means that its not a complete momentum sap like other PHazers are. Fairies and Steel/Fairy mons shouldn't be a big deal cause of STAB Iron Head and Fire Blast tho, not to mention they cant really do anything back uf they lack quake/epower anyway, so I felt that the benefits of tail outweighed that cost.

Something that i theorized a very long time ago on a similar metagame (Type Control):

Espeon @ Leftovers
Magic Bounce
-Dazling Gleam
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind
-Morning Sun or Substitute?

Immune to all phazers (Circle Throw, Dragon Tail, Roar, etc) due to ability and typing, two powerful (at least decent) STABs, fast setup attacker, AND if your enemy relies on Rapid Spin instead of Defog to clean hazards then you have one more utility (spinblocker). Reflect status, so no Blissey or whatever tank people use these days stalling Espeon to death.

Banette @ Banettite [Ghost/Dark]
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Claw / Will-O-Wisp / Gunk Shot

An extremely powerful attacker with awesome typing and dual STAB's. Need I say more?

Martin

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Agility
- Nasty Plot

Need I say more?

Edit: yes I do. This is an absolute monster. It sets up appropriately depending on matchup and proceeds to wreak havoc with STAB Adapt-boosted BoltBeam off of its insane SpA. Its pretty sweet in general, and it doesn't even need to set up to be super threatening.

Also @below this isn't theorymon i played this with a friend and completely whooped his butt with this thing on multiple occasions.

Last edited:
Actually, you really do need to say more. Posting a set and a one liner is great and all, but really doesn't contribute anything to discuss if you dont give us any conversation points with it, especially given these are bumps of a threat thats been dead for a little over 2 months. If you really want this thread to be active, give potential for discussion rather than one lane theorymon

Shedinja? Stealth Rock + Whirlwind... simple enough. Trick/Sticky Barb would be enough... Or any mon with Mold Breaker/Teravolt

Last edited:
If you want "simple enough" Shedinja, at least do it right:

Shedinja @ Air Balloon
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk /252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Toxic
-Hone Claws
-Protect/ Baton Pass
-Shadow Sneak
Poison/Dark only has a single weakness, Ground, which is circumvented by the Air Balloon. Apart from Mold Breaker you are invincible to every attack (and if your Balloon gets tricked away you are vulnerable to Ground moves), and you are immune to Toxic, too. Protect is for scouting moves that cause passive damage (Will-O-Wisp; Leech Seed etc), though you can also Baton Pass to escape those moves (also to escape when your enemy switches in a sandstorm or hail setter). Shadow Sneak makes sure you don´t get screwed by Taunt, though you need to watch out for Rocky Helmet/Sticky Barbs.

I meant to say Burns, my bad.

Is Porygon-Z any good in this meta? It gets Thunderbolt and Ice Beam so it could have STAB BoltBeam with Adaptability on top of that. It also gets Agility and Nasty Plot.

Porygon-Z is nuts in Camomons, much better than it is in Standard, and Electric/Ice isn't even a particularly problematic typing for it, as only Mach Punch is a priority move effective against that type combination. Indeed, the ability to tank Talonflame's Brave Birds goes a long way to making it a much better double dancer sweeper.

I love this idea, being able to give Pokemon any typing you want. Although I personally don't agree with Shedinja not being banned given some broken type combinations, I still find it to be quite original and creative.

Now then, Charizard wouldn't have much to worry about Stealth Rock threats. And can actually become a Dragon type too when it Mega Evolves to Y.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Air Slash !?
- Solarbeam

2 overlooked shedinja sets
Use only when u want to tilt or troll somebody :) and with caution

Shedinja @ safery goggles/lum berry
Hidden power water
Dig
Confuse ray
Night slash/sucker punch

We have all heard of ghost fairy and ghost dark shedinja
USE confuse ray first
Enemy will most likely assume ur ghost dark
Then use nightslash as they switch into a pokemon that knows fairy moves
That would confirm ur ghost dark
NEVER USE hp water
Not only is it going to do no damage
Ull be giving ur adentity away
Sole weakness grass which is one of the less popular offensive types for obvious reasons

Shedinja @ same thing
Metal claw
Fury cutter
Same thing
Same thing

Same logic exept u have solo fire weakness
U have so many types making multiple 1st 2 moves possibility
One of it can be hidden power
2nd one can be selected from the not so diverse movepool
Even heal bock does the trick for psychic (even trick does the trick)
Though u need defog or rapid spin support
Still u can be taken down by moldbreaker or toxic if u have goggles or whether if u have lum berry
Pretty fun way to make ur opponent tilt tho it really dosnt...
But who cares XDD

Last edited:

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- filler
- filler

Getting the same perfect coverage as Mega Lopunny, except with STAB Boomburst in stead of HJK, Exploud could prove to be a serious wallbreaking threat. Also, with its diverse movepool, it's very hard for your opponents to predict your typing.

2 overlooked shedinja sets
Use only when u want to tilt or troll somebody :) and with caution

Shedinja @ safery goggles/lum berry
Hidden power water
Dig
Confuse ray
Night slash/sucker punch

We have all heard of ghost fairy and ghost dark shedinja
USE confuse ray first
Enemy will most likely assume ur ghost dark
Then use nightslash as they switch into a pokemon that knows fairy moves
That would confirm ur ghost dark
NEVER USE hp water
Not only is it going to do no damage
Ull be giving ur adentity away
Sole weakness grass which is one of the less popular offensive types for obvious reasons

Shedinja @ same thing
Metal claw
Fury cutter
Same thing
Same thing

Same logic exept u have solo fire weakness
U have so many types making multiple 1st 2 moves possibility
One of it can be hidden power
2nd one can be selected from the not so diverse movepool
Even heal bock does the trick for psychic (even trick does the trick)
Though u need defog or rapid spin support
Still u can be taken down by moldbreaker or toxic if u have goggles or whether if u have lum berry
Pretty fun way to make ur opponent tilt tho it really dosnt...
But who cares XDD
You can't change types with different hidden power values which means you are retyping it to normal/ground.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)