BW Cup III - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 days ago my opp said hed give me some times he was available, 6 days or so went by and I attempted to schedule with no response in return, the convo is on my wall for reference, act

there was never really a scheduled time per se but I was available (and attempted to set a time for) this whole weekend and he hasn't been online since Thursday

requesting an extension, shogarth and i were supposed to play ~10 hours ago but he had some real life stuff come up, so i'd hate to take the win from that
sorry for requesting so late :v

Reactions: Ark

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
8 days ago my opp said hed give me some times he was available, 6 days or so went by and I attempted to schedule with no response in return, the convo is on my wall for reference, act
no lol

i asked what times you would be available, told you the first dates you suggested wouldn't work and then neither of us did anything for a week. requesting an extension since we can probably get this played tonight or tomorrow. this isn't an activity win dude. you did slightly more but it's not enough to get it off a coinflip.

protip: it's easier to schedule games if you don't have the last time logged in indicator on your profile disabled

i highkey think that anyone with that setting should be disallowed from taking an activity win

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Activity wins:
KratosMana VS Lavos Spawn - Lavos Spawn gets activity because his opponent made no effort and he made a clear attempt to get the game done.
Deluks917 VS Lethal Ammo - Deluks917 was there during like three different scheduled times where Lethal Ammo was not and Lethal Ammo either scheduled very poorly or simply happened to accidentally mess up multiple times. Additionally, Deluks917 has been active recently whereas Lethal Ammo hasn't been on for a week or so, meaning that the activity win goes to Deluks917.
Jayde VS pokebasket - Jayde tried to schedule for late this weekend (Sunday) with Pokebasket after neither initiated contact for a vast majority of the round, but after initiating contact, Pokebasket did not view forums, let alone respond to Jayde. Jayde was on throughout the weekend, including on Sunday when he proposed to play, and, therefore, is granted with the activity win.
Sam VS Erz - Erz VM'd Sam, Sam never responded, and Erz posted activity. No follow-ups happened, but Sam never responded and never made any remote effort to get the game done whereas Erz initiated contact, so he will get the win because of that.
BLINGAS vs. Mervis - Mervis VM'd BLINGAS, BLINGAS never responded, and then Mervis followed-up a few days later, but got no response once more. BLINGAS never responded and never made any remote effort to get the game done whereas Mervis initiated contact and followed-up, so he will get the win because of that.
Sergi vs. Oibaf cune - @Obiaf Cune initiated contact and Sergi was incredibly lazy and general, essentially only letting the game take place during the last weekend and not giving any specific times at all. Then, Obiaf tried to play this weekend after being more active in scheduling throughout, but Sergi never responded. Obiaf activity posted and there was nothing from Sergi in the thread or via VM regarding the match despite him being active on the forums, so Obiaf gets the activity win.
Dark G vs. Mounts - They scheduled, but then Dark G died -- he hasn't viewed forums in 8 days. The scheduled time was 3 days ago and there was no direct follow-up or activity from Mounts, but he was on forums and played for other tours whereas Dark G has been nonexistent for the last 8 days, so it's pretty clear-cut for Mounts.
badabing vs. Kenzo - They tried to schedule a few times, but Kenzo missed the initial time. The thing is that they
bitteric vs. NicoReaper - Bitteric didn't view forums all round pretty much and he only has one post on forums, being his sign-up post, so going to assume he's dead and long gone.
Aurora vs. Isa - Agreed to play on the 9th and Isa VMd during a reasonable hour for both (3pm for Aurora and 7am for Isa) and didn't get a response all day or during the next morning from Aurora, indicating that he had no intention to actually try and get it done after initially scheduling whereas Isa followed through on the scheduling and made a clear attempt to get the game done during the day they scheduled to play. Activity win goes to Isa.
Luxuryball13 vs. Croven - They scheduled and Luxuryball either got ignored or dodged by Croven during the time while he was online and there was no other attempt to get the game done by Croven whereas Luxuryball made an activity post. Nothing really else out there, so it's a clear activity win for Luxuryball13.
Prague Kick vs. Lfrs - Lfrs kinda just died at the end of the round when Prague Kick made numerous attempts to schedule and get the game done. Lfrs has not viewed the forums in a few days and has not tried to actually play the game, so Prague Kick gets the activity win.
fatty vs. Dark4Ever - Dark4Ever died like right after round one was posted and Fatty contacted him initially, was active throughout the round, and posted activity during the middle of the round. fatty gets the activity win.
Holiano vs. Ciele - Ciele scheduled for Wednesday with Holiano, but Holiano missed the time. Ciele followed-up on numerous occasions afterwards, as he outlined in his post, but Holiano ignored him and made no attempt whatsoever to get the game done. Clear activity win for Ciele.
Fish1899 vs. qsns - They scheduled and then it never happened because QSNS didn't really respond with specifics until a bit late that day or show up, as far as I can tell, and then Fish1899 showed up when QSNS said he'd be on despite it being late, made an activity post, and was active throughout whereas qsns was on vacation for a significant portion of the round. Therefore, Fish1899 gets activity here.
obii vs. RickyGao - obii tried to schedule properly while RickyGao did not and just said "let's play now" and didn't answer Obii in the proper fashion or really show any desire to actually schedule and get it done. Obii gets the activity win for making a formal attempt.
frania vs. Kirigakure - Kirigakure asked to sub in and then died, so frania gets the win.
FAJI vs. -Snow - Snow made multiple attempts to get the game done and FAJI wasn't too cooperative and didn't respond at all near the end. Snow was on around the supposed schedule time, too, so -Snow gets the activity win.
trc vs. Lopunny kicks2002 - Scheduling was done via PM, which I was added to, but they had horrible time zone issues and Lopunny stopped responding. TRC made a much better effort to get in the game, especially towards the end, but really in general, through giving specific times and trying to work it out instead of proposing things randomly. trc gets the win due to putting in a clear attempt and being consistent.
The Quasar vs. kael - I'm an eye witness to the fact that Kael is lying in his post an Quasar was online and able to play (even PMd me). Kael has no clue how the hell to actually schedule a game and Quasar clearly did and gave when he could and then followed up on it, so this is pretty clear to me if you consider how Kael made up activity, didn't formally schedule past the beginning, didn't show up when he was supposed to, and doesn't really understand much while Quasar was on top of everything. Activity win to The Quasar.

Extensions
Stax VS SOMALIA - Scheduled for Monday. Next time, post in the thread if your scheduled time is after the deadline, but I will grant an extension so that you can get it done at the scheduled time.
bro fist VS DestinyUnknown - Both are active and Dunk PMd me earlier, we spoke, and an extension is the right line-of-action here as they should be able to get it done and there should not be any further issue regarding this pairing.
1 True Lycan vs. Shinigami - Late substitute pairing that scheduled for tomorrow and I granted them the prospect of an extension when subbing Shinigami in as it was so late, so they get the extra time.
Updated Kanto vs. Energy - Both missed each other today, it appears, but Energy got subbed in late, so I will grant small extension due to them likely being able to get it done in the next two days.
groudon518 VS Nails - After lots of discussion w/ QQ and each of them in the tournaments discord, we agreed to extend until Wednesday night for this game specifically. They are scheduled for 10pm EST on Tuesday or Wednesday night (obviously, sooner is better, but getting the game done in general is the priority).
Ununhexium vs. Ark - Unun didn't really respond with times to play when prompted, but I spoke with Ark on PS and he's fine with an extension and both are very active and should be able to get it done, so I'm going to give an extension here, but if it doesn't get done, Ark definitely was the more active of the two in trying to get it done, it just never really amounted to enough to warrant an activity call and they can just get it done asap now, hopefully.
choolio vs. MiyoKa - Both tried to get it done, but Choolio had personal shit this weekend and they seemed to miss each other while both got other things done and tried to get this game done, so an extension should be fine here as both have the same timezone and one party already suggested it. They should be able to get it done.
Mur vs. Xirak - Late sub in and attempt to get it done. Also, got specifically asked at length and they should be able to get it done, so extension granted due to all of these reasons.
Xyldaz vs. We Three Kings - Unsure what happened during first scheduled time, but both where active and simply had conflicting times this weekend, so they missed each other. W3K didn't give too much opportunity, but he is still generally active and tried to get it done, so granting the extension due to this.
TSR vs. Shogarth - They scheduled properly, but Shogarth had IRL stuff come up suddenly and they can get the game done in the next couple days, so granting the extension.

Coin-flips
Lax VS xtra$hine - Lax initiated contact, but xtra gave a lazy response and then lax didn't take too much initiative after that. They settled for a very general three day range and neither made any further attempts and no games happened, so it is getting flipped.
badabing vs. Kenzo - They tried to schedule a few times, but Kenzo missed the initial time. Then, Bada missed a supposed second time that wasn't mentioned in the VM, but it was mentioned in Kenzo's activity post. Kenzo had IRL issues earlier in the round, provoking the initial missed time, but neither was too thorough in scheduling after the initial missed time (Bada didn't even respond to the VM again) and Kenzo's activity post neglected to mention that he missed the first time and sorta made it look one sided when it certainly is not. Bada hasn't viewed forums since Friday, which leads me to lean towards coinflip instead of activity in his direction despite Kenzo missing the initial time. There was no proof of them actually agreeing to another specific time that Kenzo alluded to, but Bada didn't respond to the VM after that, so it makes it hard to gain much of a clear favor in either side. Therefore, the game gets coinflipped. They had the full length of the round and neither tried too hard to get it done, so no extension will apply here.
Sunding vs. Santu - They tried to schedule initially, but one of them put it off a bit and then they never really got back to each other and nobody made too big of an attempt to get it done, unfortunately. They did schedule in Italian, but the google translate generated fairly clear conclusions to me, so hopefully that isn't too fucked up and I understood it. Given that, it should be coinflipped as neither party really stood out in activity or made too big an attempt to get it done.
Sas0 vs. Fakes - It was one of those "weekend?" "yea Saturday night" where neither player found each other at that time, either due to forgetting to look for the other or simply not being online, and then neither party followed-up, so can't do much besides coinflipping.
RedEmptionMc vs. Nova - No contact between the two
rnbs vs. Blightbringer - Early scheduling, but never met up or really settled entirely on anything and then the game never happened while neither had clear edge with scheduling. Blight hasn't viewed forums in a few days, but it's not enough to give rnbs activity.
imsosorrylol vs. North - "rn lol" and "can you play today" are not valid forms of scheduling matches when you have two weeks to play, sadly, and, therefore, this match will be decided by a coinflip.
Haruno vs. Frochtejohgurt - Both seemed to settle on a time, although slight uncertainty given timezones, and it never got done. There was no follow-up and neither posted about it, so I assume both forgot or neither cared enough to get it done from there, so coinflip it is.
Orayo vs. silver ghost - Very sloppy scheduling by both with lack of specific times that caused each other to miss each other due to timezones being different and activity in general today being different. Could've made a better attempt on both ends to get this done and simply didn't, but banked on being on at the same time on one day when it didn't happen after an initial attempt fell through. Orayo made a bias, not fully telling activity post earlier, but he was active today, just not enough to get the game done when his opponent was on later and they didn't specify a time, so the point overall is moot and the game gets coinflipped.
majaspic22 vs. FNH - Neither made a very good attempt to get the game done overall with no formal scheduled time being agreed upon and no player trying to hard to get one, too, even if majas made a small attempt in the middle, he never followed-up at the end and, therefore, this doesn't favor either and it goes to the coinflip.

Finchinator - Today at 5:16 AM
QuiteQuiet r u here
i just spent 4 hours on this shit and i left 1 bb code open
and it bolded
QuiteQuiet - Today at 5:16 AM
for 5 minutes
Finchinator - Today at 5:16 AM
the whole remainder
of the OP
and when i try to edit it it doesnt show the bb code
just shows everythig bolded
idk if there's a fix to this or not

I will re-update the OP after ^ when I wake up tomorrow and then hit someone up to do pairings. The games that aren't accounted for in the above part of the post that aren't editted in the OP yet are games where someone gave their opponent the win and they will be updated tomorrow morning, too, but I didn't cover them in the earlier part of the post as they're not activity/coinflip/extension related.

Sorry, Finch, but I disagree with your decission. I have been active these last weeks and he didn't answered me, until last weekend, when I wasn't able to play because a friend came to my house to visit Madrid.

I ask for an extension, please, because I want to get this battle done.

Finchinator

@Finchinator if you give the win for The Quasar ok no problem but man i am not lie
I schedule with The Quasar 3pm in my time gmt -3

i can prove this because i stay online and i join in smogon tour and i play vs PD and after finish PD Eo Ut Mortus chall me for play adv and i play
this is not lie bro i don't know if The Quasar is your friend or not no problem good luck in next phase but i am not lie i say the true.

i don't know if Eo Ut Mortus can confirme this or HANTSUKI but i schedule same time with The Quasar i schedule with Eo UT Mortus.

with Eo Ut Mortus the time works but with The Quasar not, sorry but this for me is active win force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)