Burning 'Mon [Pre-Viability Update]

Hydreigon looks good in this meta. Considering Fire and Ghost are two great attacking types in this meta, a decently bulky special attacker with a resistance to both of these types is valuable, and no one else can do this other than Hydreigon.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is there any chance that Hoopa-U will get unbanned too? Its mixed and physical sets are butt, it cant really boost speed and ofc burning easily wears it down.

Considering it was banned on the basis of its Specs set, which barely minds being burned, and it's low physical bulk is less of an issue in the OM, I'm going to say "no" on the unban for now.

Quick question: if you are holding a Toxic Orb and use Rest, do you become poisoned once you wake up? I'm asking for Gliscor.

Also, a move that looks pretty good in this metagame is Endeavor, cause if you're at low health, it's basically a free kill. It's still pretty gimmicky though. Something like level 1 Clefable with Endeavor and three support moves seems like a """"""viable"""""" user. It can basically trade one-for-one with nearly anything, or be a suicide Healing Wish or Stealth Rock user at any point in the game. once again, super gimmicky. Infernape seems like a better Endeavor user and lead overall, but being immune to passive damage lets you use Endeavor at any point in the game.

That is indeed how it should work. If your status is removed for any reason, I believe Toxic Orb activates before Burn. That's how it is with Heal Bell, at least.

Just came in here to say that Water Veil + Defog is illegal on Mantine and Lumineon, which really sucks to be honest. I guess they can kiss their niche goodbye.

Speaking of Defog, Swellow can use it pretty well, and I would always slash it on any Swellow set. Being a really fast Defogger can help sometimes, especially if you have Charizard or something. It's already one of the fastest Pokemon in the meta, so quick Rocks removal is neat.

Also, RestTalk physical attackers are probably viable too. Groudon seems like a good choice for something like that, with Precipice Blades and Stone Edge, for example. Or something like Snorlax works too, as you will always be taking passive damage, letting you always have a chance to Rest and hit with your full Attack stat. Really, any Pokemon that are bulky and strong can use this.

I use bulky Starmie for hazard removal. While in Burning 'Mon it is not "bulky" by any means (it really hates the passive damage inflicted by burn), it gets the job done, while scaring most Fire-types. It also appreciates Pursuit being non-existant. Natural Cure is another perk, saving you from 1 turn of burn after switching out. It is not weak to hazards unlike Swellow and other Flying-types.

The set:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Recover
- Psyshock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)