Bumping old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Maybe after a certain point after the last person has posted in a thread (6 months, a year), we could have message right below the post reply button / above the quick reply box stating not to bump old threads.

Might not do much, but it would still be helpful.

Maybe something along the lines of (stolen from Smashboards):
Warning! The last reply to this thread was posted over a year ago. Please make sure you are not unnecessarily bumping this thread before replying.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I don't see how this would matter at all. As of now, old threads that are bumped get locked and that's the end of it and we've been doing it that way for a while. There are really no benefits to your suggestion.

The type of people who would bump a year-old thread probably aren't the type of people that would notice or heed a small warning below the post button.

Only if they're doing it on purpose. For someone that merely doesn't see the year or the date at all, this could be useful. I'll see what Misty can do!

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
This could be helpful. I recently got infracted on 4-22-09 for bumping a thread that's most recent post was 4-22-08. I honestly didn't realize what year it was. Why did I even see the thread in the first place? It was linked to from another thread on the front page, which was also necroed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)