Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm pretty sure I found a bug in Mix and Mega just now. I'm running Genesect with Glalitite, and upon using Techno Blast it was resisted both by a normal Skarmory and a Steel/Dragon Jirachi. I've used this set and move before with no issues regarding typing. Replay below (bug can be seen in the last three turns of the battle):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-642791221

Edited to add: It displayed the move correctly as ice-type in the move bar, so it seems something went wrong in the damage calculation.

Last edited:

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I had a bug today when I joined a tournamet in the tournament chatroom and my opponent challenged me. When I clicked the "ready" button nothing happened. There was still the "ready" button and not even the text "wait for your opponent to accept the challenge". I refreshed the page and tried again and after I spammed the button somewhat it said "Due to high load, you are limited to 12 battles and team validations every 3 minutes". My team was valid. And I got disqualified in the end because I failed to challenge my opponent.
Edit: Everything worked fine again on the next tournament

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-642930979

Someone mentioned this bug in the help room. Endless battle clause activated when it should not have. Togekiss used a Leppa Berry that it started with, which somehow activated the endless battle clause, giving the message: "Togekiss is in an endless loop: it used a Leppa Berry it didn't start with." This statement is false because Togekiss had the Leppa Berry to begin with, which was added in teambuilder. Endless battle should have only activated if Togekiss was recycling Leppa Berries.

Not exactly a bug, but if you could allow a full team re-arrange without restrictions (AKA having to have Zoroark) in singles 6vs6 tiers like it is possible on 3vs3, VCG and Doubles tiers it would be really appreciated. I hate it when I have my lineup designed for Chomp's Dragon Tail, but it happens that the opponent had a different Dragon Tail user my second pokemon is weak to. It IS situational, but please. You already have it coded, just remove the restriction that has no reason to be there.

Also,disable the minisprites when Zoroark is involved, or have the copied pokemon's minisprite to come in instead of Zoroark's.

Having Zoroark's minisprite around come in when you send Zoroark and have it visibly change mid-battle completely blows your cover 100% of the time no matter how well you try to hide Zoroark by carefully switching into pokemon with the same HP%, that take the same amount of residual damage, etc.

BTW: I want to thank to whoever fixed Imposter so now it properly shows the copied pokemon Ability. It is really nice to no longer loose to something janky like a nearly dead Lanturn I just double switched, I expect Volt Absorb, go to finish it off with Scald and end up healing him while he gets a free Volt Switch.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm pretty sure I found a bug in Mix and Mega just now. I'm running Genesect with Glalitite, and upon using Techno Blast it was resisted both by a normal Skarmory and a Steel/Dragon Jirachi. I've used this set and move before with no issues regarding typing. Replay below (bug can be seen in the last three turns of the battle):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-642791221

Edited to add: It displayed the move correctly as ice-type in the move bar, so it seems something went wrong in the damage calculation.
Techno blast is unnafected by -ate. Until recently, this wasnt handled correctly, and the client isnt up to date with it. This is not a bug.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Reading this post, it's clear you have no idea how Illusion works, or how Dragon Tail works.

Dragon Tail and all forced switching effects have no predetermined order in which to bring opposing Pokemon in; it's random. The order you put your team in makes absolutely no difference.

The minisprites don't update after Team Preview or when you switch things in or out, so the idea that Zoroark is "revealed" at any point just because the minisprites are on display is ridiculous. The Pokemon that is actually in your final team slot is only known to you.

Techno blast is unnafected by -ate. Until recently, this wasnt handled correctly, and the client isnt up to date with it. This is not a bug.
Ah, thanks for letting me know. In that case there's still a small bug, in that it is still being displayed as an ice-type move on the selection button.

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-642930979

Someone mentioned this bug in the help room. Endless battle clause activated when it should not have. Togekiss used a Leppa Berry that it started with, which somehow activated the endless battle clause, giving the message: "Togekiss is in an endless loop: it used a Leppa Berry it didn't start with." This statement is false because Togekiss had the Leppa Berry to begin with, which was added in teambuilder. Endless battle should have only activated if Togekiss was recycling Leppa Berries.
Also, note that one, later two pokemon of the full team where shown as “unrevealed“ (pokeballs), altough it was not a random battle.

Reading this post, it's clear you have no idea how Illusion works, or how Dragon Tail works.

Dragon Tail and all forced switching effects have no predetermined order in which to bring opposing Pokemon in; it's random. The order you put your team in makes absolutely no difference.

The minisprites don't update after Team Preview or when you switch things in or out, so the idea that Zoroark is "revealed" at any point just because the minisprites are on display is ridiculous. The Pokemon that is actually in your final team slot is only known to you.
Last time I checked, Dragon Tail sent the pokemon in a fixed order. And in the simulator it always sent them in the same order like that every time I fought a Garchomp with Dragon Tail. One would think after 100+ battles seeing Empoleon come in right away and Clefable afterwards it would be enough proof, but seems I was wrong after doing a second test. I find it particularly weird as the spanish translation on BW specified that it sent pokemon in order, I suppose it got changed. My bad I guess. I will do a retest on the cartrige once my 3DS gets fixed for a definitive confirmation.

Second, on Zoroark, I meant to ask for an old glitch that by the time you mentioned got patched long before, but didn't get fixed completely.

Before the patch, the sprites shuffled around and put the sent pokemon first, and Zoroark's minisprite changed to match the imposted pokemon, making trivial to track Zoroark as the sprite change was pretty visible, and even if it was the first time Zoroark came, all you had to do was look if the last pokemon had been revealed, as you would see TWO IDENTICAL SPRITES, immediately blowing away Zoroark's cover.

Sadly it didn't get fully away came with consequences: look at what happens on turn 2:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-643320534

The sprites still get screwed. Fortunately, they no longer move and properly hide the status and HP%, and it even makes the (active) detal show up on the imposted pokemon instead of Zoroark. This visual glitch is just that, it no longer helps nor screws the Zoroark user. But still it would be nice to get it away for good. It's like the Transform not spoiling the ability error. A tiny thing, not in anybody's priority list, but that should be dealt with if possible.

Was playing gen 3 randbats, and got my CB Snorlax toxic'd. After that point, whenever I moused over it in the Switch menu, its stats didn't show up. Switching Snorlax in and back out did not fix this. No replay provided, because this isn't really something you can show within a replay.

Hey I think I found a small bug with /ds[gen] (like /ds3)

If you do /ds[gen] [params here] & it results in a single mon, its Gen 7 data will be shown instead of the gen you DSed

It's very small & not many people even use the command in the 1st place, but I think it's still a bug.

Was playing gen 3 randbats, and got my CB Snorlax toxic'd. After that point, whenever I moused over it in the Switch menu, its stats didn't show up. Switching Snorlax in and back out did not fix this. No replay provided, because this isn't really something you can show within a replay.
This bug is recreate-able. When a Pokémon is afflicted by toxic, the tooltip does not show upon hovering (It doesn't matter if the pokemon is active or switched out). I suspect that it has to do with the new calculations on toxic damage every turn. I've provided screenshots, hopefully this clarifies the problem. https://imgur.com/a/Ibwal

Hi!

Question. I was just battling on ladder and a Sand Rush Life Orb Excadrill (max 302 speed) just outsped my max speed timid charizard Y (328 speed) after I put the sun up. I've had this before with Swift Swim swampert still outspeeding me after changing the rain to sun.

I know the non-bug XY rule is ''The turn a pokemon mega evolves, its turn order will be decided before megaevolution. Thus, Mega Banette's Prankster will only be effective after the first turn, while a Chlorophyll Venusaur will still be likely to move first under sun the turn it mega evolves. This pattern also applies to previous gens: e.g. in Doubles, if a pokemon is paralyzed by a foe, its turn order won't be affected that turn.''

But if I recall correctly they changed that in SUMO? Which is why mons like beedrill/diancie don't really run protect anymore. Wouldn't that apply to weather as well then?

Here's the replay. http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7monotypesuspecttest-643984333

Kind regards.
IIRC it's not a bug (at least not a Showdown bug). It's just that... the game has a rather weird way to treat Mega Evolutions that change weather. The other Pokemon's speed is unaffected by whether the Mega Evolution's ability nullifies a weather speed boost. The Excadrill and the Mega Swampert still had their speed boosted even though their weathers were gone.

IIRC it's not a bug (at least not a Showdown bug). It's just that... the game has a rather weird way to treat Mega Evolutions that change weather. The other Pokemon's speed is unaffected by whether the Mega Evolution's ability nullifies a weather speed boost. The Excadrill and the Mega Swampert still had their speed boosted even though their weathers were gone.
Yeah, someone else just told me the same thing. Like, it's because at the begin of the turn sand is up so that speed on the mon counts. I still think it's weird though, because when the mon executes the move it's not in the speedy weather but oh well.

<<bug>> currently links to an https version of this thread, which will not connect. If I am not mistaken, some /tier commands were having the same issue before last server restart.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Showdown currently leaks information regarding the interaction of preventing status and Misty Terrain. Here are some examples:
In both cases, there is a "The <Pokemon> surrounds itself with a protective mist!" message in these conditions; this would also apply to things like Volcarona's Flame Body, any move that has a side effect of inflicting a status condition (e.g. Hurricane, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam), etc. Here's a video demonstrating that the "The <Pokemon> surrounds itself with a protective mist!" does not appear in-game as in the replays.

EDIT: Replays seem down. Here are the downloaded copies:

Attachments

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the place for bugs in OMs, but...

While playing Mix and Mega, my Aerilate Genesect was unable to hit my opponent's Dusknoir with a (now flying-type) Techno Blast. Espeed still worked, so I think it's an issue with Techno Blast. I'm assuming that that Techno Blast is hard-coded to normal when Genesect isn't holding a drive, so -ates don't work.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-644877472
Techno blast is unnafected by -ate; this is correct behavior and is not a bug.

This bug is a combo of sprite glitches and percentage glitches

Hello recently I battled a trainer using 6 rattata when I knocked one of them out the fainted sprite shows as usual but there was also a pokeball sprite that appeared over one of the rattatas. Then for the rest of the battle he sent out his next rattata it shows that it was on 0% and when I knocked it out, instead of a fainted sprite showing another pokeball sprite appeared.

Proof http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-645420504

Hello, there`s some kind of problem that I noticed on mobile before, but never when I was on my pc, so I tought it was a problem of my smartphone, but then...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-645889043

I selected thunderbolt to hit Klinklang more than once, but looks like A-Marowak atracts electricity :/ This kind of problem happens just when there`s more than one (not includin mine) pokemon on the battlefield. Wish this post is helpful to prevent this kind of problems.

Hello, there`s some kind of problem that I noticed on mobile before, but never when I was on my pc, so I tought it was a problem of my smartphone, but then...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randomdoublesbattle-645889043

I selected thunderbolt to hit Klinklang more than once, but looks like A-Marowak atracts electricity :/ This kind of problem happens just when there`s more than one (not includin mine) pokemon on the battlefield. Wish this post is helpful to prevent this kind of problems.
As your opponent tried to explain to you, a Pokemon with Lightning Rod redirects single target Electric type attacks such as Thunderbolt in double battles, even attacks from the Pokemon's ally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)