Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to report a malfunction of the move Parting Shot as it doesn't work as intended VS Clear Body users.

During Generation 6 ( XY, ORAS ) you were able to switch out VS Pokemon that had the Clear Body ability. Their stats would not be lowered, but you would still be allowed to pivot out. However in Generation 7 this is no longer the case as Clear Body should prevent you from switching out entirely.

Replay Showdown: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-637401850
Thanks for helping me out: UnleashOurPassion@ !

In-Game a Silvally could not switch out with Parting Shot VS a Clear Body Metagross. Yet you can in Showdown. Bulbapedia also verifies this change: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Parting_Shot_(move)

An update would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
upload_2017-9-30_17-3-32.png

this error has been happening to me a lot recently, does this have to do with my own internet or is it an error in showdown?

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Unfortunately not badged so I can't post in serious bug reports.

It appears that hiding room is not stopping replays from being searchable

for example:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ou-318180 , googly clearly hides the room at the end (shows up in the replay)

but if you try to search sedertz in the replay searcher, this game does indeed show up
I just tried to recreate this, and I can't even save the games from hidden rooms in the first place. Both the regular button and /savereplay are unresponsive.

when i type "/ms cubone, normal type, all" it says cubone can learn rock climb but when i type "/learn cubone, rock climb" it says it can't

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Encore currently has a few incorrect mechanics associated with it. Here is a generic mechanics video about Encore that I made that I'm citing this information from.
  • You cannot Encore any move that calls another move in-game; Nature Power, Sleep Talk, Assist, Copycat, and Me First are currently Encore-able on Showdown. (Demonstrating Nature Power and Sleep Talk: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-639888317) (0:42 in the video for Sleep Talk and Nature Power)
  • You cannot Encore the base of a Z-status move. As of now, you can Encore Z-status moves into their regular status variant on Showdown, which has implications for Z-Trick Room Bronzong, Z-Conversion Porygon-Z, as well as other sets. (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-639893203) (6:27 in the video)
  • The target of a failed Encore is ambiguous in-game, but on Showdown, you are able to see the original target of the Encore. (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-639889850) (anywhere in the video where it says "But it failed!" with respect to Encore)

when i type "/ms cubone, normal type, all" it says cubone can learn rock climb but when i type "/learn cubone, rock climb" it says it can't
It's a Gen 4 HM move so it's only usable in Gen 4 battles. Unfortunately I don't think /ms has an option to exclude HMs.
The target of a failed Encore is ambiguous in-game, but on Showdown, you are able to see the original target of the Encore.
Does that apply to other moves that fail?

In Pokemon Showdown Conversion 2 appears to consider moves with changed type to be of the base type instead of the actual type.

I cannot confirm whether this is a glitch or not and do not have the games that are required to test it but according to Bulbapedia Conversion 2 should consider a Pixelated Hyper Voice to be of the Fairy type.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1suspecttest-639880297

Since Porygon turned Ghost it is obvious that Hyper Voice was not considered to be of Fairy type by Conversion 2. But obviously Hyper Voice was Fairy type since Altaria-Mega has Pixelate and Hyper Voice kept hitting Porygon when Porygon was a Ghost type.

A few questions:

On Pokemon Showdown my Prankster Porygon bounced Taunt and Will-O-Wisp back using Magic Coat to a Sableye-Mega. But the bounced moves had no effect because they were considered Prankster moves, even though Sableye-Mega did not have prankster. Is Magic Coat from a Prankster Pokemon supposed to convert the bounced back moves to Prankster moves?

Also Prankster Conversion 2 appears to fail on Pokemon Showdown when used with a Dark type Pokemon as target. Is this supposed to happen?

Last edited:
Yes. For example, Fake Out and Disable would fall under this category.
"But if failed!" triggers the "Failed" animation on either the attacker or the target, depending on the attack and conditions, as follows:
  • When Big Pecks, Clear Body, Flower Veil, Full Metal Body, Hyper Cutter, Keen Eye or White Smoke prevents a stat-dropping move, "Failed" animates on the target (whose ability activated)
  • When Bide fails because the attacker took no damage, "Failed" animates on the attacker.
  • When Block, Mean Look or Spider Web fail, "Failed" animates on the target(?).
  • When Burn Up fails because the attacker is not Fire-type, "Failed" animates on the attacker.
  • When Dark Void or Hyperspace Fury fails because the attacker is not Darkrai or Hoopa-Unbound, "Failed" animates on the attacker.
  • When Fake Out or First Impression fail because it's not your first turn, "Failed" animates on the attacker.
  • When Sky Drop fails because the target is too heavy, "Failed" animates on the target (along with a specific message).
  • When Sucker Punch fails because the target is not attacking, "Failed" animates on the attacker.
  • When Uproar prevents a Pokémon from sleeping, "Failed" animates on the target. (I believe there is also a specific message in this case.)
  • When a Choice item prevents a move from executing, "Failed" animates on the attacker.
  • When Desolate Land or Primordial Sea prevent a move from executing, "Failed" animates on the attacker.
  • When Ally Switch or Heal Pulse fails, "Failed" animates on the target(? I think - didn't test this).
  • When a move has no target, "Failed" does not animate at all(? I didn't test this either).
  • When other things fail, "Failed" animates on the target(?).

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
When I try to get roomlogs for the NU room, I get the following message:

I am the NU roomowner, and I have cookies enabled, so I believe I should be able to view roomlogs.

According to Kay, another roomowner, Painter Skeleteon, who is also not global staff can access their roomlogs

Fixed: had to log out and back in.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
When a Pokemon is under the effects of Heal Block Z-Healing moves fail. According to Bulbapedia they should work.

"Affected Pokémon can still restore HP using the Z-Power effects of status Z-Moves. Heal Block cannot prevent a Pokémon from using or being healed by any Z-Move, including moves like Z-Soft-Boiled and Z-Heal Pulse."

Here it is not working.

I'm afraid the only evidence I have that it should work is from Bulbapedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)