Not A Bug Outrage can end without confusing if it hits a fairy type

What type of bug are you reporting? Mechanics

What is the bug?
I was playing against a ddance Haxorus that used outrage, but it never indicated that the outrage ended, like no confusion or text message.
I purposely let it hit KO galvantula to lock it into outrage, which is turn one. I then used my switch to go to clefable and be immune to the next outrage(s). I twaved to clear its lum berry, and it was locked so it used outrage on my clefable, which was immune. On the same turn, it seems like outrage ended, but no indicator appeared. I was waiting for it to say Haxorus was confused since I cleared the lum, so I assumed I got lucky and it was still locked. On the next turn it used iron head to KO my clefable, but it was supposed to still be locked into outrage for one more turn. It didnt hit itself the whole match or indicate that confusion ended, so I don't think its just a visual bug. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but Im assuming it has to do with causing it to use the lum because I have no clue where else the bug would come from. Or I don't know the mechanics and im tweaking. The other guy was super chill and tried to explain what happened on his end after I got swept lol, but it didnt show any indication on his side either apart from the fact that he wasn't locked anymore. Im fine with the outcome, but I saved the replay in case it was a bug since I was curious. If anyone knows please lmk what happened, thanks. Replay is right here:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattle-2124278489

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
You could probably try to replicate it, since it doesn't seem too difficult. I haven't tried yet though.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Using outrage into a mon that’s immune ends it without causing confusion
This is incorrect; Outrage will only confuse if it fails to do damage (hits into an immunity / Protect etc) and the Outrage would have worn off at the end of the turn anyway. The amount of turns a Pokemon will be locked in Outrage is known when it is first selected. So in this battle, the Haxorus happened to get a 3-turn Outrage and so wasn't confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)