SM OU Bring The House Down - SM OU Bulky Offense (Nominated for RMT of the Week)

Bring The House Down
--------------------

Introduction
Hi there! Welcome to this RMT! Bring The House Down is a rather standard but still cool Bulky Offense squad I come up with to celebrate 1k posts. This team obviously isn't perfect but I've had some success with it and I wanted to share it.

Without further ado, let's get started:

Teambuilding Process
I started off with Tapu Lele, I always wanted to make a team with Specs Lele and I think this is for sure my best team with this set, I absolutely love how some Psychic-type resists take like >50% from Specs Psychic and Lele is actually probably my favorite 'mon overall so its obviously a great 'mon to start building with.

After Lele, I wanted to add some creativity to the mix, so Mega Heracross felt like a great pick, it is in my opinion an extremely underated 'mon and it couples nearly perfectly with Lele, nothing can switch into both Lele and Mega Hera, making them arguably one of the best wallbreaking cores in the entire tier in my opinion.

After adding those two, Garchomp felt like a solid pick since it sets up Stealth Rock reliably and can put pressure on most hazard removal options, easing Lele and Hera's role of wallbreaking and also giving the team some speed and kind of a Charizard-Y check.

Scarf Keldeo felt like a natural pick as not only a Volcarona check but also kind of a win condition to the team, Keldeo also pairs pretty nicely with Garchomp offensively and gives the team some more Speed control.

Ferrothorn gave me Spikes, and overall a switch in to most Special Attackers in the tier. Yeah're reading it right, I'm using SpDef Ferro. SpDef Ferrothorn is honestly a set I've been in love with recently and it is such a solid check to Koko, Gren, Lele, Non HP Fire Mega Diance and many other threatening 'mons.

Defensive Zapdos not only forms a formidable defensive core with Ferrothorn but also gives the team Defog and a switch into Mega Pinsir, Tapu Bulu and other scary 'mons.

In Depth Analysis

Ferrothorn
@ Leftovers @
# Iron Barbs #
* Sassy Nature *
252 HP EVs | 48 Def EVs | 208 SpDef EVs
- Power Whip -
- Gyro Ball -
- Leech Seed -
- Spikes -

As I've said already, I'm completely in love with this Ferrothorn set, being a check to some of the most threatening special attackers in the tier is nearly priceless, and Ferrothorn does just that. Leftovers and Leech Seed help Ferrothorn stay healthy throught a match and Iron Barbs wears down anything that dares to touch it. I like running double STAB on Ferrothorn to help me hit both Mega Diance and Mega Swampert, for example, which this team seriously struggles against. Spikes is nearly mandatory on Ferrothorn and allows it to wear down the opposing team for Tapu Lele, Mega Heracross, Garchomp and Keldeo.

Keldeo-Resolute
@ Choice Scarf @
# Justified #
* Hasty Nature *
4 Atk EVs | 252 SpA EVs | 252 Spe EVs
- Hydro Pump -
- Secret Sword -
- Scald -
- Stone Edge -

Keldeo can clean up late game once the opposing team is properly weakened or just act as a reliable revenge killer to a good portion of the tier. Choice Scarf is obviously chosen to allow Keldeo to outspeed +1 Volcarona, Adamant Mega Swampert in Rain, Tapu Koko, Ash Greninja and many other threats it wouldn't outspeed otherwise. Dual Water-type STAB gives Keldeo a option between accuracy and power and Secret Swords helps against SpDef 'mons like Gastrodon and Chansey. Stone Edge is a guaranteed OHKO on non-Charti Berry Volcarona assuming it hits which is really important since Volcarona absolutely runs over this team otherwise.

Garchomp
@ Dragonium Z @
# Rough Skin #
* Jolly Nature *
252 Atk EVs | 4 Def EVs | 252 Spe EVs
- Outrage -
- Earthquake -
- Swords Dance -
- Stealth Rock -

Garchomp acts as a reliable Stealth Rock setter as well as a third wallbreaker with Devastating Drake, Garchomp can also clean up slower teams or faster paced ones once 'mons that outspeed Garchomp have been removed. Rough Skin helps to get chip damage on physical attackers, and Swords Dance further boosts Garchomp's Attack stat allowing it to threaten even the sturdiest of physical walls.

Mega Heracross
@ Heracronite @
# Moxie #
* Adamant Nature *
- Pin Missile -
- Close Combat -
- Rock Blast -
- Swords Dance -

Mega Heracross is just very, very, very underated in my opinion. It has literally a collossal Attack stat of 515 when Adamant and 2HKO'ing Defensive Skarmory after Stealth Rock showcases just how powerful this thing is. Mega Heracross' role is to punch several holes on the opposing team to allow for Keldeo, Garchomp or Lele to wreak havoc later on. Moxie before mega evolving can give it a free Attack boost against a weakened foe which is always nice, Pin Missile has 125 BP after Skill Link and hits like a truck, or should I say, five trucks? Close Combat is also pretty much mandatory and heavily dents anything that doesn't quad resist it. Rock Blast is nice for Zapdos, Toxapex and weakened Clefable and couples amazingly with its STABs. Swords Dance makes Mega Heracross even more of a nightmare to switch into and allows it to overcome supposedly checks such as Defensive Landorus-T, Counter Skarmory and Toxapex.

Tapu Lele
@ Choice Specs @
# Psychic Surge #
* Timid Nature *
252 SpA EVs | 4 SpD EVs | 252 Spe EVs
- Psychic -
- Moonblast -
- Psyshock -
- Hidden Power [Fire] -

Along with Mega Heracross, Tapu Lele heavily dents the defensive portion of most teams, it has just so much power behind its moves that it is actually scary. Lele also takes care of the select list of Mega Heracross switch ins, such as Toxapex, Landorus-T and Clefable. Specs is chosen for overall power and because Lele is meant mostly to wallbreak. Dual Psychic STAB helps against Psyshock foes such as Chansey and AV Magearna. Moonblast helps against Dark-types such as Tyranitar and Hidden Power [Fire] demolishes Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor.

Zapdos
@ Leftovers @
# Static #
* Bold Nature *
248 HP EVs | 240 Def EVs | 20 Spe EVs
- Discharge -
- Heat Wave -
- Hidden Power [Ice] -
- Roost -

Zapdos takes on physical attackers that would annoy the team otherwise such as Tapu Bulu, Mega Pinsir, and Landorus-T to some extent. Zapdos also likes to pivot on physical attackers because there's a 30% chance they'll get Paralysed. Discharge + Heat Wave + Hidden Power [Ice] is amazing coverage and doesn't really need much explaining aside from the bonus Paralysis chance Discharge gives.

Threatlist
Threat scale:

Most Threatening - Major Threat - Minor Threat - Least Threatening

Mega Diancie

Hidden Power [Fire] Mega Diancie is pretty threatening, my only hope is to revenge kill it with Keldeo or hope it tries to HP Fire Ferrothorn as I Gyro Ball it. So essencially if your opponent has a Mega Diancie it is nearly mandatory to keep Ferrothorn healthy. If it isn't HP Fire though, Ferrothorn is a pretty safe switch in.

Tapu Koko

Hidden Power [Fire] + Dazzling Gleam Tapu Koko is a big threat since I don't really have any switch in, my best play is to let it Dazzling Gleam helthy Garchomp and OHKO with Earthquake or weaken with Gyro Ball from Ferrothorn to allow Scarf Keldeo to seal the deal. Other sets can be dealt with by Ferrothorn though.

Terrakion

despite not being as relevant this generation, Terrakion is actually a pretty big threat to the team since it has Super Effective STABs against both my defensive 'mons. Choice Band / Scarf is a little easier to play around since it has to lock itself into a move, but Double Dance is a huge threat, always keep up offensive pressure and don't gice Terrakion opportunities to set up.

Victini

Z-Celebrate Victini is a big threat since I need a considerable amount of chip damage to revenge kill it with Keldeo. Luckilly, Tapu Lele, Garchomp, and Zapdos can all tank one hit if healthy.

Importable

http://pokepast.es/cf5045a190023820
--------------------

Bring The House Down
--------------------

Introduction
Hi there! Welcome to this RMT! Bring The House Down is a rather standard but still cool Bulky Offense squad I come up with to celebrate 1k posts. This team obviously isn't perfect but I've had some success with it and I wanted to share it.

Without further ado, let's get started:

Teambuilding Process
I started off with Tapu Lele, I always wanted to make a team with Specs Lele and I think this is for sure my best team with this set, I absolutely love how some Psychic-type resists take like >50% from Specs Psychic and Lele is actually probably my favorite 'mon overall so its obviously a great 'mon to start building with.

After Lele, I wanted to add some creativity to the mix, so Mega Heracross felt like a great pick, it is in my opinion an extremely underated 'mon and it couples nearly perfectly with Lele, nothing can switch into both Lele and Mega Hera, making them arguably one of the best wallbreaking cores in the entire tier in my opinion.

After adding those two, Garchomp felt like a solid pick since it sets up Stealth Rock reliably and can put pressure on most hazard removal options, easing Lele and Hera's role of wallbreaking and also giving the team some speed and kind of a Charizard-Y check.

Scarf Keldeo felt like a natural pick as not only a Volcarona check but also kind of a win condition to the team, Keldeo also pairs pretty nicely with Garchomp offensively and gives the team some more Speed control.

Ferrothorn gave me Spikes, and overall a switch in to most Special Attackers in the tier. Yeah're reading it right, I'm using SpDef Ferro. SpDef Ferrothorn is honestly a set I've been in love with recently and it is such a solid check to Koko, Gren, Lele, Non HP Fire Mega Diance and many other threatening 'mons.

Defensive Zapdos not only forms a formidable defensive core with Ferrothorn but also gives the team Defog and a switch into Mega Pinsir, Tapu Bulu and other scary 'mons.

In Depth Analysis

Ferrothorn
@ Leftovers @
# Iron Barbs #
* Sassy Nature *
252 HP EVs | 48 Def EVs | 208 SpDef EVs
- Power Whip -
- Gyro Ball -
- Leech Seed -
- Spikes -

As I've said already, I'm completely in love with this Ferrothorn set, being a check to some of the most threatening special attackers in the tier is nearly priceless, and Ferrothorn does just that. Leftovers and Leech Seed help Ferrothorn stay healthy throught a match and Iron Barbs wears down anything that dares to touch it. I like running double STAB on Ferrothorn to help me hit both Mega Diance and Mega Swampert, for example, which this team seriously struggles against. Spikes is nearly mandatory on Ferrothorn and allows it to wear down the opposing team for Tapu Lele, Mega Heracross, Garchomp and Keldeo.

Keldeo-Resolute
@ Choice Scarf @
# Justified #
* Hasty Nature *
4 Atk EVs | 252 SpA EVs | 252 Spe EVs
- Hydro Pump -
- Secret Sword -
- Scald -
- Stone Edge -

Keldeo can clean up late game once the opposing team is properly weakened or just act as a reliable revenge killer to a good portion of the tier. Choice Scarf is obviously chosen to allow Keldeo to outspeed +1 Volcarona, Adamant Mega Swampert in Rain, Tapu Koko, Ash Greninja and many other threats it wouldn't outspeed otherwise. Dual Water-type STAB gives Keldeo a option between accuracy and power and Secret Swords helps against SpDef 'mons like Gastrodon and Chansey. Stone Edge is a guaranteed OHKO on non-Charti Berry Volcarona assuming it hits which is really important since Volcarona absolutely runs over this team otherwise.

Garchomp
@ Dragonium Z @
# Rough Skin #
* Jolly Nature *
- Outrage -
- Earthquake -
- Swords Dance -
- Stealth Rock -

Garchomp acts as a reliable Stealth Rock setter as well as a third wallbreaker with Devastating Drake, Garchomp can also clean up slower teams or faster paced ones once 'mons that outspeed Garchomp have been removed. Rough Skin helps to get chip damage on physical attackers, and Swords Dance further boosts Garchomp's Attack stat allowing it to threaten even the sturdiest of physical walls.

Mega Heracross
@ Heracronite @
# Moxie #
* Adamant Nature *
- Pin Missile -
- Close Combat -
- Rock Blast -
- Swords Dance -

Mega Heracross is just very, very, very underated in my opinion. It has literally a collossal Attack stat of 515 when Adamant and 2HKO'ing Defensive Skarmory after Stealth Rock showcases just how powerful this thing is. Mega Heracross' role is to punch several holes on the opposing team to allow for Keldeo, Garchomp or Lele to wreak havoc later on. Moxie before mega evolving can give it a free Attack boost against a weakened foe which is always nice, Pin Missile has 125 BP after Skill Link and hits like a truck, or should I say, five trucks? Close Combat is also pretty much mandatory and heavily dents anything that doesn't quad resist it. Rock Blast is nice for Zapdos, Toxapex and weakened Clefable and couples amazingly with its STABs. Swords Dance makes Mega Heracross even more of a nightmare to switch into and allows it to overcome supposedly checks such as Defensive Landorus-T, Counter Skarmory and Toxapex.

Tapu Lele
@ Choice Specs @
# Psychic Surge #
* Timid Nature *
252 SpA EVs | 4 SpD EVs | 252 Spe EVs
- Psychic -
- Moonblast -
- Psyshock -
- Hidden Power [Fire] -

Along with Mega Heracross, Tapu Lele heavily dents the defensive portion of most teams, it has just so much power behind its moves that it is actually scary. Lele also takes care of the select list of Mega Heracross switch ins, such as Toxapex, Landorus-T and Clefable. Specs is chosen for overall power and because Lele is meant mostly to wallbreak. Dual Psychic STAB helps against Psyshock foes such as Chansey and AV Magearna. Moonblast helps against Dark-types such as Tyranitar and Hidden Power [Fire] demolishes Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor.

Zapdos
@ Leftovers @
# Static #
* Bold Nature *
248 HP EVs | 240 Def EVs | 20 Spe EVs
- Discharge -
- Heat Wave -
- Hidden Power [Ice] -
- Roost -

Zapdos takes on physical attackers that would annoy the team otherwise such as Tapu Bulu, Mega Pinsir, and Landorus-T to some extent. Zapdos also likes to pivot on physical attackers because there's a 30% chance they'll get Paralysed. Discharge + Heat Wave + Hidden Power [Ice] is amazing coverage and doesn't really need much explaining aside from the bonus Paralysis chance Discharge gives.

Threatlist
Threat scale:

Most Threatening - Major Threat - Minor Threat - Least Threatening

Mega Diancie

Hidden Power [Fire] Mega Diancie is pretty threatening, my only hope is to revenge kill it with Keldeo or hope it tries to HP Fire Ferrothorn as I Gyro Ball it. So essencially if your opponent has a Mega Diancie it is nearly mandatory to keep Ferrothorn healthy. If it isn't HP Fire though, Ferrothorn is a pretty safe switch in.

Tapu Koko

Hidden Power [Fire] + Dazzling Gleam Tapu Koko is a big threat since I don't really have any switch in, my best play is to let it Dazzling Gleam helthy Garchomp and OHKO with Earthquake or weaken with Gyro Ball from Ferrothorn to allow Scarf Keldeo to seal the deal. Other sets can be dealt with by Ferrothorn though.

Terrakion

despite not being as relevant this generation, Terrakion is actually a pretty big threat to the team since it has Super Effective STABs against both my defensive 'mons. Choice Band / Scarf is a little easier to play around since it has to lock itself into a move, but Double Dance is a huge threat, always keep up offensive pressure and don't gice Terrakion opportunities to set up.

Victini

Z-Celebrate Victini is a big threat since I need a considerable amount of chip damage to revenge kill it with Keldeo. Luckilly, Tapu Lele, Garchomp, and Zapdos can all tank one hit if healthy.

Importable

http://pokepast.es/cf5045a190023820
--------------------
i would suggest pressure on zapdos as u can pp stall hazards .another change i would make would be icy wind on keldeo over scald, as mons like zygarde really have a fun time v him without it, and tangrowth straight up walls it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)