Breeding Perfect Pokemon in Pokemon X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a two 5iv charmanders both ivs missing in attack...but the nature is adamant for a charizard x should i keep breeding until i get 6 ivs?Or will i always have an iv missing in attack
Your goal is to be adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31 6iv is nice but not nessesary
I would keep breeding until i get the perfect spread

I have a two 5iv charmanders both ivs missing in attack...but the nature is adamant for a charizard x should i keep breeding until i get 6 ivs?Or will i always have an iv missing in attack
You would actually probably have better success using a variety 4iv Charmander that has the attack iv and a 5iv Charmander missing attack as the parents. Replace the 4iv when you get a 5iv with the attack Stat. Otherwise you will be relying on rng to give you a 31 iv for attack

I have a male Beartic with 31 Attack and HP IVs with a female Cubchoo with 31 Defense and Speed. The Beartic is holding Destiny Knot. I've got almost a box full of Cubchoos now and I've still only gotten 2 31 IVs on their offspring. Am I missing a step in them passing off more than two IVs so I can continue to chain breed? Does the female need to hold one of the power items?

I have a male Beartic with 31 Attack and HP IVs with a female Cubchoo with 31 Defense and Speed. The Beartic is holding Destiny Knot. I've got almost a box full of Cubchoos now and I've still only gotten 2 31 IVs on their offspring. Am I missing a step in them passing off more than two IVs so I can continue to chain breed? Does the female need to hold one of the power items?
No, your just getting unlucky. If you just keep trying, you'll eventually get a 3-4 iv one.

Although, you could also try using the power item. It'll count as one of the five ivs being passed down, but you'll always at least have that stat passes down I believe. I recommend you keep doing what your doing however.

Edit: yeah, listen to flarg about the male parent idea.

Using the probability calculator in the op (here) we find that with your parents..

IVsNo ModifiersWith Modifiers
6IV0.0000%0.0000%
5IV0.0651%0.0651%
4IV2.5391%2.5391%
3IV17.3177%17.3177%
<3IV80.0781%80.0781%
You will be getting 3ivs only 17% of the time..so it sounds like you're doing things right..you just arent having the best luck...maybe try substituting the male with something with more perfect ivs? Cubchoo is in the field egg group so thats a good place to start

Just got an offspring with 31 in four out of the five stats I'm going for. Whew. This is my first time breeding for IVs... it's very tedious...

Just got an offspring with 31 in four out of the five stats I'm going for. Whew. This is my first time breeding for IVs... it's very tedious...
If you go to the wifi forum thread 'Simple Questions and requests', sometimes people will give you a high iv ditto if you ask nicely and explain that you are new to breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)