Breeding Guide

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Part 1: Introduction to Breeding: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20653
Part 2: The Breeding Guide: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20652
Part 3: Probabilities to get Perfect IVs in EDP: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20650
Part 4: Hidden Power Breeding: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20649

First of all, I want to make it clear that this breeding guide is a joint effort between me and Peterko. Even though I posted Parts I and II and he posted Parts III and IV, all the parts were written together.

Me and Peterko thought that Smogon deserves to have one of the best, if not THE best, breeding guide on the Internet. I think this guide took around a month to write... correct me if I'm wrong Peterko.

There are a lot of people we'd like to thank for the realisation of this guide. Besides BobDoily and loadingNOW, which we have already given credit at the end of Parts I and II, we would also like to thank many people who have provided data for us, which are so numerous that it's impossible to list them all.

If you find any mistakes (which there will probably be, given the sheer length of the thing), feel free to post. We tried to filter out many errors, but, inevitably, there will still be a few that we didn't manage to spot, so we'd appreciate if you notify us about them.

I'm not sure about this, but I thought if you bred a Miltank, the resulting baby could sometimes be Tauros, just like an Illumise can give birth to a Volbeat.

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Miltank and Tauros can indeed breed, but their offspring will always be a Miltank. The only way to breed a baby Tauros is to breed a Tauros with a Ditto.

All I can say is wow.

And also...

Part 2 said:
Male Magikarp/Swablu/Dratini with Dragon Dance -> Male Charmander with Dragon Dance -> Larvitar with Dragon Dance
Magikarp can't get Dragon Dance, you'll need to evolve it into Gyarados first.

X-Act

Fixed. Also fixed the link for my IV breeding probabilities applet, and the link for MetalKid's IV calculator, even though I'm told his site is down right now.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah it took about a month, thanks for your help, X-Act

by the way, I´ve been asked whether we´ve added info about the characteristics in D/P

I´m not sure, but is the research finished? I found this topic

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19279

and it still doesn´t say whether it shows the random highest or in a particular order - if two or more are the same

there´s no problem with adding that (section about how to find out the IVs of your Pokémon), but I´d like to know exactly how that works first before doing so

X-Act

According to what I researched there, if two IVs are equal highest, the characteristic chosen between the two is random.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey this is pretty awesome, thanks a TON guys. Will go up on the site ASAP (when it's back).

X-Act

I'm fixing the Level 5 stats of Part II so that they look a bit less messy right now.

Awesome work! :)

Just a thing I have noticed; in "The species of the baby", Phione and Manaphy info is missing.

X-Act

Thanks Terkhen. I've just edited it with information about Manaphy and Phione.

I'm confused with how to use the Level 5 Stats for HP. Several of my Smeargles have 21 HP at Level 5 which is 5 more than the listed 17 for it. I did hatch them at level 1 and Rare Candy to 5, if that makes any difference.

X-Act

I'm confused with how to use the Level 5 Stats for HP. Several of my Smeargles have 21 HP at Level 5 which is 5 more than the listed 17 for it. I did hatch them at level 1 and Rare Candy to 5, if that makes any difference.
Big whoops. You're right. Smeargle's maximum HP stat at Level 5 should be 22. Actually I need to fix the HP of every Pokemon... they need to be 5 more than those listed. Thanks!

EDIT: They've been fixed now. I've doubled checked and now they're correct.

Peterko

Never give up!
you´re right, actually I think all of the HPs are 5 less than they should be, X-Act will fix it as soon as possible, thnx karma thief

X-Act

Lol, honestly that's one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life. I was momentarily red-faced. Honest. Thank God I fixed it pretty quickly.

Peterko

Never give up!
lol and I didn´t even check the list because I believed in your perfectionism :p (I take half of the responsibility)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I've said it before, but amazing work, guys. You'll be considered gods at smogon.

BTW, could I translate this guide and post in another forum, obviously giving the right credits for you?

Although this may not seem like much, I do appreciate the time and effort that you two have put into this mega-guide. So thank you, this was REALLY helpful. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)