Other Metagames BH RMT - ray sweep all (Peak #22)

Hello, my name is IronicDouble (or IronicBH). I have used this team to get all the way up to the mid 1600s on the Balanced Hackmons Ladder (or BH), and now interchangably use this and a different team to ladder.

Balanced Hackmons is a metagame in which most pokemon, abilities, moves, and items are allowed. It is a very creative metagame, and I encourage you to try it if you have not yet tried it.

upload_2016-9-22_20-31-58.png

So, without further ado, lets get into the team!:

Team at a Glance:

Here is my teambuilding process, and how I went through it.

simply ray (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Extreme Speed
- Infestation

We start with the core of this team, Mega-Rayquaza. With this, I wanted to try a Gale Wings/Choice Band approach, instead of the common Aerilate. On this set, I run Dragon Ascent for obvious reasons, Precipice Blades to hit Steels/Rocks, Extreme Speed for the picking off other pokemon, of whom are slower (base 100 like Slaking) and are very low on HP. Finally, I use Infestation to try and predict Shedinja, and I do not want U-turn, mainly because of the next pokemon on this list.

With this, I tried to put a Imposter-Proof Pokemon that could easily wall Mega-Rayquaza. However, I went one step deeper and actually attempted to kill this Imposter swiftly:

shields (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Mean Look
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

On this set, I run Recover for obvious reasons, and U-turn for pivoting. Will-O-Wisp is meant for crippling the likes of Rayquaza, Kyurem, and Diancie (-ate). Mean Look, on the other hand, is meant to lure Imposter Mega-Rayquaza into Precipice Blades (Levitate), precede to Mean Look, and then beat it with Will-O-Wisp. So far, it has worked wonderfully. Another reason I do this is because all in all, my team is pretty weak to Imposter Chansey.

Now that I have my core, I decided to add a pokemon that would help it out:

copy cat (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Metal Burst
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind

Obviously, Chansey can make obvious impacts, but the most important here is scouting and beating setup pokemon who like to use Aegislash as setup bait. Not much else to say about this.

After running that, I noticed that even with Infestation, my team was quite weak to Shedinja. This is why I decided to add my next pokemon:

much ghostly (Gengar-Mega) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Pursuit
- King's Shield

This pokemon has many purposes. It is a Imposter Proof Pokemon, even with Pursuit (Pursuit does little damage - 17% iirc) and Judgment is a swift 2HKO. Of course, you can run Mininum IVs, but I prefer the little power in case I need it. The set is also pretty obvious, just like the previous Chansey. Pursuit is mainly so that I can get rid of Shedinja if I can come in on an Endeavor or Recycle.

Next, I ran multiple pokemon:

I tried running Soundproof Aggron and Quiver Dance Arecus, but I noticed my team was actually quite weak to Fire types (more like extremely weak).

This time I ran Arceus and Mega-Diancie. I liked it better, but it still had problems with Shift Gear Primal-Groudon, and other nuisances like Thousand Arrows Mega-Garchomp (as well as stall).

Finally, I decided to run Pixilate Mega-Diancie and PH Kyogre. I liked this alot because it softened up my fire weakness, and helped me beat many different defensive cores.

too fairy (Diancie-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Earth Power

Here is a pretty obvious set. Fakespeed + Boomburst. However what might interest you is two things, 1. why I run 176 speed instead of 252 and 2. why I run Earth Power. #1 is easy, I run 176 because I find there is close to no point (except to attempt to speed tie opposing Mega Diancies) and I find the extra power very helpful for things like Giratina. I run exactly 176 to outspeed 329 and 328 (adamant/modest mega-ray + max speed base 100s). #2 is also quite easy to be honest, I run Earth Power so that Aegislash can do the exact same thing as it does to Mega-Rayquaza, use Levitate and Trap the living hell out of Imposter Chansey.

too powerful (Kyogre) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed

PH Kyogre is my last pokemon on this team. I run it, mainly to counter Shedinja, and to have a decent check against Mega-Garchomp, which softens my team up alot. I Run QD (obvious), Scald (obvious), Ice Beam for Mega-Garchomp and Mega-Rayquaza, and Leech Seed for opposing Imposter Chanseys, and Shedinjas.

Thanks for looking at my team! Feel free to comment anything you would like, and you can even try this on the ladder if you would like (please don't play me though).

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Extreme Speed
- Infestation

Careful Nature
- Recover
- Mean Look
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Impish Nature
- Recover
- Metal Burst
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Pursuit
- King's Shield

Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Earth Power

Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed

shoutout to Quantum Tesseract for helping me out with my team and showing me where to make this thread.

REPLAYS:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-438964733
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-439992564

Last edited:
Neat Team. I remember facing this.

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Extreme Speed
- Infestation
We start with the core of this team, Mega-Rayquaza. With this, I wanted to try a Gale Wings/Choice Band approach, instead of the common Aerilate. On this set, I run Dragon Ascent for obvious reasons, Precipice Blades to hit Steels/Rocks, Extreme Speed for the picking off other pokemon, of whom are slower (base 100 like Slaking) and are very low on HP. Finally, I use Infestation to try and predict Shedinja, and I do not want U-turn, mainly because of the next pokemon on this list.

Careful Nature
- Recover
- Mean Look
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

On this set, I run Recover for obvious reasons, and U-turn for pivoting. Will-O-Wisp is meant for crippling the likes of Rayquaza, Kyurem, and Diancie (-ate). Mean Look, on the other hand, is meant to lure Imposter Mega-Rayquaza into Precipice Blades (Levitate), precede to Mean Look, and then beat it with Will-O-Wisp. So far, it has worked wonderfully. Another reason I do this is because all in all, my team is pretty weak to Imposter Chansey.

Impish Nature
- Recover
- Metal Burst
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind

Obviously, Chansey can make obvious impacts, but the most important here is scouting and beating setup pokemon who like to use Aegislash as setup bait. Not much else to say about this.

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Pursuit
- King's Shield

This pokemon has many purposes. It is a Imposter Proof Pokemon, even with Pursuit (Pursuit does little damage - 17% iirc) and Judgment is a swift 2HKO. Of course, you can run Mininum IVs, but I prefer the little power in case I need it. The set is also pretty obvious, just like the previous Chansey. Pursuit is mainly so that I can get rid of Shedinja if I can come in on an Endeavor or Recycle.

Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Earth Power

Here is a pretty obvious set. Fakespeed + Boomburst. However what might interest you is two things, 1. why I run 176 speed instead of 252 and 2. why I run Earth Power. #1 is easy, I run 176 because I find there is close to no point (except to attempt to speed tie opposing Mega Diancies) and I find the extra power very helpful for things like Giratina. I run exactly 176 to outspeed 329 and 328 (adamant/modest mega-ray + max speed base 100s). #2 is also quite easy to be honest, I run Earth Power so that Aegislash can do the exact same thing as it does to Mega-Rayquaza, use Levitate and Trap the living hell out of Imposter Chansey.

Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Leech Seed

PH Kyogre is my last pokemon on this team. I run it, mainly to counter Shedinja, and to have a decent check against Mega-Garchomp, which softens my team up alot. I Run QD (obvious), Scald (obvious), Ice Beam for Mega-Garchomp and Mega-Rayquaza, and Leech Seed for opposing Imposter Chanseys, and Shedinjas.
First off, may I reccomend running Slack Off>recover on one of your defensive pokemon? While rare, imprison is a thing, and there isn't any reason not to.
Secondly, Spider Web>Mean Look. It has more PP, allowing you to be easier with predictions.
Precipice Blades>Earth power. This is a physical spread, and the extra damage is nice
(Potentially) Sand Tomb>Infestation. With this, Registeel cant be trapped, and this does slightly more vs common picks like PDon and

Alright, enough with the minor optimizations. Its time for the big (ish) ones.
Registeel>Aegislash. With registeel, you can trap imposters that come in on registeel as well, are bulkier, and arent weak to ghost should spooky plate chansey appear. Its pretty much uniformly better except VS FBlast MMY.
Moonblast>Ice beam. This lets you beat opposing poison Heal ogres while not being weak to chansey and still defeating MRay/Chomp.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Well, pretty unique team man though I personally prefer specs ray, but banded works too I guess.
Just a couple of nitpicks : Firstly Registeel with levitate > Aegi just because of superior bulk and also safety goggles as your main ate check should not be just stopped by random spores.
Also EV your ray for +1 V-Create though, otherwise Pdon + Imposter check kind of levels this team as evident by the second replay. But, its Pdon so what the hell lol.

Well, I haven't tested this team so can't say much but anyways neat team man. Best of Luck :)

Neat Team. I remember facing this.

First off, may I reccomend running Slack Off>recover on one of your defensive pokemon? While rare, imprison is a thing, and there isn't any reason not to.
Secondly, Spider Web>Mean Look. It has more PP, allowing you to be easier with predictions.
Precipice Blades>Earth power. This is a physical spread, and the extra damage is nice
(Potentially) Sand Tomb>Infestation. With this, Registeel cant be trapped, and this does slightly more vs common picks like PDon and

Alright, enough with the minor optimizations. Its time for the big (ish) ones.
Registeel>Aegislash. With registeel, you can trap imposters that come in on registeel as well, are bulkier, and arent weak to ghost should spooky plate chansey appear. Its pretty much uniformly better except VS FBlast MMY.
Moonblast>Ice beam. This lets you beat opposing poison Heal ogres while not being weak to chansey and still defeating MRay/Chomp.
I like the idea of Slack Off>Recover, but I am defintely not worried about those shenaigans.

I actually did not know that Spider Web is actually a move. I will change this due to the higher PP (why not).

Precipice Blades>Earth Power. I was considering this, but I like the extra damage I do too Steelix/Aggron (mega). However, I do rack in extra damage, so I will defintely consider either Precipice Blades, Thousand Arrows, or Thousand Waves.

I considered running Sand Tomb, but I am afraid even that 15% will screw me over. Again, I will consider this change for sure.

Onto the big(ish) optimization.
I run Aegislash, due to my lack of MMX switchins. However, I have noticed many MMXs actually run V-create now, which easily one shots Aegislash. I will most likely run Registeel due to that. Thank you.

Well, pretty unique team man though I personally prefer specs ray, but banded works too I guess.
Just a couple of nitpicks : Firstly Registeel with levitate > Aegi just because of superior bulk and also safety goggles as your main ate check should not be just stopped by random spores.
Also EV your ray for +1 V-Create though, otherwise Pdon + Imposter check kind of levels this team as evident by the second replay. But, its Pdon so what the hell lol.

Well, I haven't tested this team so can't say much but anyways neat team man. Best of Luck :)
Once again, I will most likely run Registeel>Aegislash, however I am very unsure about running Safety Goggles>Lefties because I like the residual recovery I get from Lefties. However, it is true that I am pretty weak to Spore (my Prankster spore counter is either Kyogre or...well, Mega-Diancie lol).

EVing my ray for a +1 v-create might be tough, as I prefer all the extra damage, but I will see what I can do.

EDIT: +1 252+ Atk Primal Groudon V-create vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza in Harsh Sunshine: 462-544 (131.6 - 154.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (I have no chance)
252+ Atk Primal Groudon V-create vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza in Harsh Sunshine: 308-363 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO (maybe)

I don't think its possible.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
EVing my ray for a +1 v-create might be tough, as I prefer all the extra damage, but I will see what I can do.

EDIT: +1 252+ Atk Primal Groudon V-create vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza in Harsh Sunshine: 462-544 (131.6 - 154.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (I have no chance)
252+ Atk Primal Groudon V-create vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza in Harsh Sunshine: 308-363 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO (maybe)

I don't think its possible.
Oh..sorry I messed up a bit, I meant neutral V-create it needs 40 defense or something like that to make it a guaranteed 2hko

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)