Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Echoed Voice
- Psyshock

The star of the show. Sylveon is probably the best pokemon right now just because of her OP fairy stab hyper beam. The Evs of this set allows me to do as much damage as possible while still taking hits. The moveset is pretty much the 100% standard moveset for sylveon and allows her to kill pretty much everything. Echoed voice is another attack that gets stab and reaches an impressive ~300 BP. this can often tear apart many of sylveons usual counters.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Atk / 252 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Waterfall
- Substitute

So SD tenta is without doubt the strongest set avaiable for it. It allows him to set up on a varies of pokemon. The attacks are pretty obvious as both gain STAB. At +6 Tenta is able to score an impressive 4hk0 on the standard ferrothorn set. As that proves, tenta is easily able to sweep through pretty much any team. Poison jab is used to hit the popular fairies and along waterfall is unresisted in OU. tenta also has one of the highest speed stats to easily set up a sub and avoid status.

Greninja @ Flying Gem
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Power-Up Punch
- Water Shuriken
- Shadow Sneak

So Power-up punch greninja is without doubt the strongest set for it. it allows to set up on pretty much anything and scoring some impressive kills with STAB Acro. Water Shuriken is much stronger then waterfall in most cases because of the 75 bp. shadow sneak allows me to beat the popular banette and mismagius which is huge for him. The evs allows max power and speed in order to outspeed anything in OU and yeaah.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Foul Play
- Focus Blast

So theres not much to say about this alakazam, but ill try anyways. so psyshock is the primary STAB attack and wrecks pretty much anything. Foul play is used in order to hit Aegi and banette for very strong damage. Dazzling gleam takes care of dragons and dark types while Focus Blast allows for some impressive power and is Alakazam's best attach against Shuckle. the evs are in order to make him as strong as possible while outspeeding many things.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall

So Curse vaporeon is so great. It easily sets up on pretty much anything and then proceeds to wreck havock. Waterfall is his STAB and allows for some damage against many things at +6. The Rest + Sleep Talk is used over Wish in order to get rid of annoying status that can eaily cripple Vaporeon. The curse set is used over standard sets as it is unexpected and the opponent wont ever think of countering it. The evs allows for maximum survaivibility to set up and sweep.

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Brave Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

So this is the best set for Aegi. it allows him to beat opposing mew switch-ins which is huge for my team. Shadow ball is his main stab and hits things such as Haunter and Mewtwo for super effective damage. Shadow sneak has priority which is always good while Iron head and Sacred Sword allows me to easily kill pretty much anything. All in all this is an incredibly strong set and sums up my team very good. The EVs allows me to hit as hard as possible towards anything.

So that sums up this RMT. it is really strong and peaked 2000 Acre on the PS pokemon bank beta under the alt of Rud0lf Test

Last edited:
It seems like a very nice team, but maybe a bit Skarm weak. Actually, it seems weak to entry hazards in general. I'm surprised Tentacruel doesn't have Rapid Spin.

I also have my doubts that that Aegislash set is better than the standard set, but I could be wrong.

Okay so this team is... Not good. Not sure how else I can say it.

Sylveon-
Not sure about that spread of EVs- we'll see what's standard.
Don't ever use Hyper Beam competitively. Even though in this case it's STAB, it isn't worth the recharge turn.
Echoed Voice is extremely gimmicky. it's only stronger than Moonblast after 3 turns. Odds are you won't be able to use the same move three times in a row.

Also, you're using three damage-dealing fairy moves on one set. Ditch the Specs, Change Sylveon's ability to Cute Charm, replace Hyper Beam with Moonblast, Hyper Voice with Calm Mind, and Echoed Voice with a non-terrible filler move. Shadow Ball, probably. Wish could be used for support and recovery.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
252 HP/ 252 SpA / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast (no sacrifices like with Hyper Beam and slightly stronger than Hyper Voice)
-Psyshock
-Substitute/Wish/Shadow Ball

This is gonna be a long rate.

Tentacruel-

Aura Sensei™ said:
So SD tenta is without doubt the strongest set avaiable for it.
You might want to check your information. A bulky Rapid Spin/Toxic Spikes set works better for Tentacruel. Poison/Water has bad coverage as well. It isn't "unresisted in OU," it's resisted by Toxicroak, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Gastrodon, and Tentacruel. The proper set:

Ability: Rain Dish
248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe (taken from Smogon Gen V so it's unclear whether this will be a popular spread in Gen VI)
Timid Nature
-Toxic Spikes/Toxic
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam/Surf
-Substitute/Protect

This set is honestly entirely better. You lack entry hazards on your team as well as Rapid Spin support. Two flaws fixed.

Greninja-

Physical Greninja sets tend to not work. Power-up punch is gimmicky, and its base attack is too low. Also, it can't afford to give up Life Orb for Flying Gem on any set that is, for some reason, physical. You can use a lead set:

Greninja @ Focus Sash
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam/Hidden Power Fire/Extrasensory/Dark Pulse/Hidden Power Electric

With the right prediction, this can stop Hazard Leads like Galvantula, the somewhat-used Smeargle, Tyranitar, and even Ferrothorn while dealing decent damage in return.

A slightly less viable but more surprising set would be Specs:

Greninja @ Choice Specs
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Extrasensory/Hidden Power Fire

With STAB on every move, this set could possibly wreak havoc if the opponent expects a lead set.

Alakazam-

Mega Alakazam is indeed a force to be reckoned with, but you're going about it the wrong way.

First of all- get rid of Foul Play. Use Shadow Ball. Entirely superior coverage, and doesn't use the opponent's attack stat... Aegislash takes enough damage from base 170 Shadow Ball without having to sacrifice coverage on things like Jellicent due to their poor attack stats.

Everything else in that set looks fine.

Vaporeon-

Curse makes no sense on Vaporeon. If you really want to increase its defense, use Acid Armor. Honestly, a better RestTalk user is Goodra. At the moment you have three water-types, and Goodra is not only bulkier than Vaporeon, it also resists the two weaknesses of water.

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Gooey
252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 SDef
Calm Nature
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower/Muddy Water/Toxic

This can tank special hits for days. It counters almost every Special Attacker besides Sylveon and Latios and acts as a fantastic status absorber for your team. It's a generally better fit for your team than Vaporeon and is also better in most regards, especially with your Vaporeon set using Curse.

Flamethrower is the primary option in the last slot. Muddy Water can be used to surprise Heatran, but not much else. Toxic shouldn't really be used, assuming you can get up your Toxic Spikes with Tentacruel, but it is an option.

Aegislash-

Honestly, switch to the standard set. Steel/Fighting has redundant coverage and Ghost/Fighting is still unresisted.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (0 Spe IVs)
-King's Shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Sneak/Shadow Claw
-Sacred Sword

Much more effective. Doesn't use Spooky Plate, first of all :P , and also is a hard set to counter assuming you predict correctly. Even though this is the Aegislash people are expecting, it still is a set that works.

I hope I haven't overdone your team too much, but a lot needed to be fixed. Thanks for reading the rate, and I'd really encourage you to consider these suggestions. Good luck.

Pretty much everything about this team makes it clear you are new to this, I would direct you to battling 101 or w/e but I don't think it exists yet for gen6. The movesets make it clear you don't have much experience which is fine but I people of your experience level don't really belong in this specific forum, go to battling 101 or just play more before posting, this team is so all over the place its kind of impossible to rate into something usable.

Okay so this team is... Not good. Not sure how else I can say it.

Sylveon-
Not sure about that spread of EVs- we'll see what's standard.
Don't ever use Hyper Beam competitively. Even though in this case it's STAB, it isn't worth the recharge turn.
Echoed Voice is extremely gimmicky. it's only stronger than Moonblast after 3 turns. Odds are you won't be able to use the same move three times in a row.

Also, you're using three damage-dealing fairy moves on one set. Ditch the Specs, Change Sylveon's ability to Cute Charm, replace Hyper Beam with Moonblast, Hyper Voice with Calm Mind, and Echoed Voice with a non-terrible filler move. Shadow Ball, probably. Wish could be used for support and recovery.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
252 HP/ 252 SpA / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonblast (no sacrifices like with Hyper Beam and slightly stronger than Hyper Voice)
-Psyshock
-Substitute/Wish/Shadow Ball

This is gonna be a long rate.

Tentacruel-

You might want to check your information. A bulky Rapid Spin/Toxic Spikes set works better for Tentacruel. Poison/Water has bad coverage as well. It isn't "unresisted in OU," it's resisted by Toxicroak, Ferrothorn, Jellicent, Gastrodon, and Tentacruel. The proper set:

Ability: Rain Dish
248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe (taken from Smogon Gen V so it's unclear whether this will be a popular spread in Gen VI)
Timid Nature
-Toxic Spikes/Toxic
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam/Surf
-Substitute/Protect

This set is honestly entirely better. You lack entry hazards on your team as well as Rapid Spin support. Two flaws fixed.

Greninja-

Physical Greninja sets tend to not work. Power-up punch is gimmicky, and its base attack is too low. Also, it can't afford to give up Life Orb for Flying Gem on any set that is, for some reason, physical. You can use a lead set:

Greninja @ Focus Sash
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam/Hidden Power Fire/Extrasensory/Dark Pulse/Hidden Power Electric

With the right prediction, this can stop Hazard Leads like Galvantula, the somewhat-used Smeargle, Tyranitar, and even Ferrothorn while dealing decent damage in return.

A slightly less viable but more surprising set would be Specs:

Greninja @ Choice Specs
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Extrasensory/Hidden Power Fire

With STAB on every move, this set could possibly wreak havoc if the opponent expects a lead set.

Alakazam-

Mega Alakazam is indeed a force to be reckoned with, but you're going about it the wrong way.

First of all- get rid of Foul Play. Use Shadow Ball. Entirely superior coverage, and doesn't use the opponent's attack stat... Aegislash takes enough damage from base 170 Shadow Ball without having to sacrifice coverage on things like Jellicent due to their poor attack stats.

Everything else in that set looks fine.

Vaporeon-

Curse makes no sense on Vaporeon. If you really want to increase its defense, use Acid Armor. Honestly, a better RestTalk user is Goodra. At the moment you have three water-types, and Goodra is not only bulkier than Vaporeon, it also resists the two weaknesses of water.

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Gooey
252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 SDef
Calm Nature
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower/Muddy Water/Toxic

This can tank special hits for days. It counters almost every Special Attacker besides Sylveon and Latios and acts as a fantastic status absorber for your team. It's a generally better fit for your team than Vaporeon and is also better in most regards, especially with your Vaporeon set using Curse.

Flamethrower is the primary option in the last slot. Muddy Water can be used to surprise Heatran, but not much else. Toxic shouldn't really be used, assuming you can get up your Toxic Spikes with Tentacruel, but it is an option.

Aegislash-

Honestly, switch to the standard set. Steel/Fighting has redundant coverage and Ghost/Fighting is still unresisted.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (0 Spe IVs)
-King's Shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Sneak/Shadow Claw
-Sacred Sword

Much more effective. Doesn't use Spooky Plate, first of all :P , and also is a hard set to counter assuming you predict correctly. Even though this is the Aegislash people are expecting, it still is a set that works.

I hope I haven't overdone your team too much, but a lot needed to be fixed. Thanks for reading the rate, and I'd really encourage you to consider these suggestions. Good luck.
So this is pretty much the best rate. It completely counters bad rmts, you see by providing serious advice you enable the poster to improve both as a Pokemon battler, and as a human being, and by improving as a human being they will do things like donate to charity, adopt children, walk old ladies across the street and throw stones at republicans. Unfortunately if you rate too well, this may result in a crippling affliction of over-good-great-kind-excellentness and the ratee may become unable to function in society, as they're too nice for their own good. After many years of crippling depression as a result of their efforts to better an otherwise empty and hopeless world, they will kill themselves, but not before writing a letter of righteous indignation directed to the person or persons responsible for rating their team so justly in the first place.

I have no idea if they were seriously rating a joke team or just playing it straight like really meta or some shit, but it confuses me and this is the only way I can cope.

Last edited:
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Echoed Voice
- Psyshock
I would recommend putting some sort of regenerating move on there (maybe Draining Kiss) instead of Echoed Voice. Swap the Choice Specs for a different item (life orb?), as getting locked into hyper beam basically forces you to switch. Also, 3 STAB moves is overkill. Take Hyper Voice or Hyper Beam out and put in a coverage move of some sort.

Greninja @ Flying Gem
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Power-Up Punch
- Water Shuriken
- Shadow Sneak
If your strategy is to set up with Power-Up Punch and then use Acrobatics, I'd get rid of the Flying Gem and put in a Fighting Gem instead. Also, I'd swap out Shadow Sneak for Ice Shard.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Foul Play
- Focus Blast
As said above, swap Foul Play for Shadow Ball.

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Brave Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
I DEFINITELY prefer:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance/Autonomize
- King's Shield

King's Shield on Aegislash is practically a must. Without a defensive move, Aegislash gets locked into Attack Mode and can be easily OHKO'd by the opposing team (and it seems like every team has a Aegislash counter). If you MUST keep Iron Head, replace Swords Dance/Autonomize with it. Lastly, a purely Physical Attacking Aegislash is going to be a lot more effective overall that a mixed one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)