Battle Spot Special Season 14: VGC16!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/e83ff780-bd64-410d-aa4b-0b9c7e1eefa7

apparently Raichu is a thing? any way to get the mascot in there somehow I guess...

It was bound to happen; since you can no longer practice VGC on Battle Spot Doubles, TPCi are flooding Battle Spot with ways to play the new ruleset and the Special ladder is the latest victim! Now you can ditch PS! and use the mons you've painstakingly SRed for gotten for free off Theorymon in glorious 3D!

Season 14 kicks off on Tuesday the 19th of Jan (after the maintenance period).

edit: added the English site link and better image

Last edited:
Poor Raichu is sitting there going "I am so fucked".
Guess this + the International is a decent testing ground. I SR'd / have traded for most of what I need so may dick around on the Special ladder/International since it doesn't hurt my BSD ranking when I go on a 2-9 W-L :P

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Hey man, anything for a faster Fake Out than Kangaskhan and Liepard. If I'm being honest Raichu doesn't look that useless though. The first hope that comes to mind is that Smeargle spam will be less prevalent on cart but I'm sure Smeargle will still be really common. I guess it's time to start getting a team ready though.

Lightning Rod + Fake Out + Encore + Endeavor + Nuzzle

That thing can be a good partner for Mons like Tornadus, Kyogre, or anything afraid of T-wave

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
PSA: Season 14 is officially underway, which means you can jump into the VGC16 action on the special ladder!

---

I've been thinking about this, and the XY version of this might actually be worth playing for a bit of fun. Since you don't have the Primals or ORAS Megas, it'll very much be a Mega Kangaskhan spamfest, but things like Giratina(-O) may be way more viable, as well as other things. It has the potential to become its own unique meta if enough people play it! Stuff like Telepathy creation trio are way easier to get your hands on due to no pentagon, as well as Multiscale Lugia, Regenerator Ho-oh, Sheer Force Lando being legal... I don't think there are any relevant past-gen tutors that could shake it up, unless Body Slam and/or Mud Slap M-Khan takes off lol. All in all I think it could be worth giving a try if you get bored of the ORAS ladder..

PSA: Season 14 is officially underway, which means you can jump into the VGC16 action on the special ladder!

---

I've been thinking about this, and the XY version of this might actually be worth playing for a bit of fun. Since you don't have the Primals or ORAS Megas, it'll very much be a Mega Kangaskhan spamfest, but things like Giratina(-O) may be way more viable, as well as other things. It has the potential to become its own unique meta if enough people play it! Stuff like Telepathy creation trio are way easier to get your hands on due to no pentagon, as well as Multiscale Lugia, Regenerator Ho-oh, Sheer Force Lando being legal... I don't think there are any relevant past-gen tutors that could shake it up, unless Body Slam and/or Mud Slap M-Khan takes off lol. All in all I think it could be worth giving a try if you get bored of the ORAS ladder..
this is what i dont fucking get , they enforce pentagon rules for oras but not xy? not to mention the mass amount of broken things on the field compared to other mons ,also their insistence on banning tings like keldeo and phione.
this years vgc will be even more shitty to watch than last year . will skip it

I'm looking forward to getting some games in later tonight when I'm done my school work. I've been gathering up some pokemons and theory-moning for the most part along with some practice on Showdown and now with the special ladder finally up and running, I may be able to learn just what people really love to use.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
also their insistence on banning tings like keldeo and phione.
As much as I'd love to use keldeo or jirachi in vgc, they aren't banned for being overpowered. They're banned because they're difficult to obtain.

That being said, I don't understand why Deoxys is banned since everyone can catch one in ORAS now.

As much as I'd love to use keldeo or jirachi in vgc, they aren't banned for being overpowered. They're banned because they're difficult to obtain.

That being said, I don't understand why Deoxys is banned since everyone can catch one in ORAS now.
Because it has long been an event-only mon like Keldeo/Mew/etc; so Game Freak / Nintendo just lumped it in where it's always been. Wouldn't be all that broke, I know, but it's just simpler for them to just keep it in that status / we're not losing much tbh. We already have bulky Psychics (Lugia, Cress, etc), fast and frail-as-shit Psychics (Mega Zammy), and Mewtwo.
Doubles doesn't need the cancer of Jirachi and Manaphy, so I never was opposed to this; only thing in the group I miss at all is Victini.

I have hope that next year we get every single Pokémon unbanned. Let's start hell. :^]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)