Tournament Battle Spot Singles Season 3 Cartridge Tournament [won by: Natalie.!]

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Season 3 Cartridge Tournament

Welcome to our first SM Cartridge Tournament! This tournament is an invite-based tournament where the top 8 players from the previous season's PGL ladder duke it out for the title of Season 3 Cartridge Tournament Champion. The Champion will get a forum banner for a season, as well as a championship title that gives them a bigger chance to qualify for the annual Battle Spot Invitational.

Round 1

chemcoop vs Mishimono
Doobzi vs greilmercenary9
KarimTheRaisin vs Theorymon
Solerme vs Natalie.

Specific Rules
  • This is a standard SM Battle Spot Singles Tournament.
  • The tournament will be Best of Three, Single Elimination.
  • Players may NOT change their teams during the Best of Three. You must continue to battle with the same team throughout the set. You CAN switch teams between rounds.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Sun/Pokemon Moon on the 3DS
  • Replays must be saved and PM'd to me on forums or on discord (if I'm participating PM another battle spot mod who isn't). A lot of information can be mined out of a team through mock battles, so this is the best option we have atm.
  • In an event of a disconnect, the player who disconnects will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch. If a DC happens, make sure to take a photo of the screen so that I know who DC'd. In the event the screens don't reveal the cause of the disconnect, the game will be reset (but not the set. If the DC occurred at game 3 you will restart at g3).
Standard Rules
  • You need to play with "Flat Rules" and "Single Battle" in the challenge screen.
  • Blazikenite, Swampertite, Sceptilenite, Heracronite, Medichamite, Houndoomite, and Audinite are banned. These mega stones were banned during season 3 of Battle Spot and are therefore banned in this tournament as well.
Ghosting: The player in a tournament battle should be the one making their own decisions. Do not tell a player what move to make in a tournament battle (i.e. do not "ghost" them), and do not make your moves based on another person's suggestions. If we are made aware that someone playing a tournament battle is making some of their moves based mainly on the suggestions of someone else, punishments may be handed out to both parties involved.

Identity: Pretending to be another player in relation to a tournament battle is strictly prohibited. Do not try to impersonate or play as another player. This applies to the use of alts as well. Any player who breaks this will be disqualified and permanently banned from the circuit, in addition to the punishment handed by the Tournament Directors.

Rule Breaking: If a player breaks a rule during a battle, they are disqualified from that particular battle. If it was a single battle in a series, they will still have the opportunity to play the rest of the series.

Forfeiting: A player may forfeit their battle during or after the battle, as long as the result has not been confirmed by the host. If a player forfeits before a battle commences in the first round of a tournament, they are eligible for substitution if appropriate. We highly recommend that you do not forfeit your tournament battles just because you got lucky, but we do not enforce this.

Host / Tournament Director Decisions: The host may make a judgment call on the outcome of a battle with a disputed result, even if one player has broken the rules. If you believe the host has made an unjust decision, you may inform the Tournament Director responsible for the tournament of the situation and request that they make a final call on it.

Sportsmanship: If a player displays exceedingly poor sportsmanship before, during, or after a tournament battle, they may be disqualified or otherwise punished.

This round ends Sunday, June 18 11:59PM EST.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry to say this, but I think I might need an extension. Sunday is the day I get back from my college camping trip. After hiking for a week in the Adirondacks mountains, I'm probably going to be exhausted, especially since I think we get back late that night. Sorry for asking now, but this is basically the only chance I have to post before I leave tomorrow morning x_x

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so a lot of people are MIA in this tour/going on holiday most likely due to summer vacation. Hence, this round's deadline will be extended until Sun, June 18th. If Jmal98 or KarimTheRaisin does not sign in to smogon and schedule with the opponent by June 11th, they will be replaced by the next highest rated player for season 3.

DragonWhale

Semifinals

Mishimono vs Doobzi
[ KarimTheRaisin vs Theorymon ] vs Natalie.

Specific Rules
  • Players may NOT change their teams during the Best of Three. You must continue to battle with the same team throughout the set. You CAN switch teams between rounds.
  • Replays must be saved and PM'd to me on forums or on discord (if I'm participating PM another battle spot mod who isn't). A lot of information can be mined out of a team through mock battles, so this is the best option we have atm.
  • In an event of a disconnect, the player who disconnects will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch. If a DC happens, make sure to take a photo of the screen so that I know who DC'd. In the event the screens don't reveal the cause of the disconnect, the game will be reset (but not the set. If the DC occurred at game 3 you will restart at g3).
Standard Rules
  • You need to play with "Flat Rules" and "Single Battle" in the challenge screen.
  • Blazikenite, Swampertite, Sceptilenite, Heracronite, Medichamite, Houndoomite, Audinite, Abomasite, Tyranitarite, and Manectricite are banned. These mega stones were banned during season 3 of Battle Spot and are therefore banned in this tournament as well.
Ghosting: The player in a tournament battle should be the one making their own decisions. Do not tell a player what move to make in a tournament battle (i.e. do not "ghost" them), and do not make your moves based on another person's suggestions. If we are made aware that someone playing a tournament battle is making some of their moves based mainly on the suggestions of someone else, punishments may be handed out to both parties involved.

Identity: Pretending to be another player in relation to a tournament battle is strictly prohibited. Do not try to impersonate or play as another player. This applies to the use of alts as well. Any player who breaks this will be disqualified and permanently banned from the circuit, in addition to the punishment handed by the Tournament Directors.

Rule Breaking: If a player breaks a rule during a battle, they are disqualified from that particular battle. If it was a single battle in a series, they will still have the opportunity to play the rest of the series.

Forfeiting: A player may forfeit their battle during or after the battle, as long as the result has not been confirmed by the host. If a player forfeits before a battle commences in the first round of a tournament, they are eligible for substitution if appropriate. We highly recommend that you do not forfeit your tournament battles just because you got lucky, but we do not enforce this.

Host / Tournament Director Decisions: The host may make a judgment call on the outcome of a battle with a disputed result, even if one player has broken the rules. If you believe the host has made an unjust decision, you may inform the Tournament Director responsible for the tournament of the situation and request that they make a final call on it.

Sportsmanship: If a player displays exceedingly poor sportsmanship before, during, or after a tournament battle, they may be disqualified or otherwise punished.

This round ends Sunday, June 25 11:59PM EST.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I talked to KarimTheRaisin about this, and sadly I think I gotta drop out. A family member got hosptalized after my camping trip, and I've been hard to contact for the past few days. I'm okish now, but me and him seem to have drastically different time zones, so I feel like it'd be unfair for me to win via coinflip since he's been trying to set up a time.

Best of luck! By the way, just to be clear: This is a cartridge tournament, so us playing on Pokemon Showdown wouldn't work KarimTheRaisin :P

Nat

is a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Ok, I'm going to bed soon and I'm calling Activity. I tried to schedule nearly as soon as the new matchup was posted. However, my opp hasn't even checked Smogon since the matchup has been posted. I've somehow gone a literal 3 weeks since playing my set against solerme last round, and really don't feel like my opp's activity this entire tour warrants an extension.

DragonWhale

FINALS

Mishimono vs Natalie.

Specific Rules
Standard Rules
  • Blazikenite, Swampertite, Sceptilenite, Heracronite, Medichamite, Houndoomite, Audinite, Abomasite, Tyranitarite, and Manectricite are banned. These mega stones were banned during season 3 of Battle Spot and are therefore banned in this tournament as well.

This round ends Sunday, July 2 11:59PM EST.

Last edited:

DragonWhale

It's the season 2 PS tournament finals revenge match. Will Mishimono exact revenge, or will Natalie win two Seasonal titles in a row?

DragonWhale

Replays:

Round 1:

Mishimono vs chemcoop:
g1: VBQG-WWWW-WWW7-9MDP
g2: XC4W-WWWW-WWW7-9MBE
g3: UMCW-WWWW-WWW7-9MDT

Natalie. vs Solerme
g1: XDHW-WWWW-WWW7-DXAB
g2: 5GZW-WWWW-WWW7-DXCN

Doobzi vs greilmercenary9
g1: RMSW-WWWW-WWW7-CAMY
g2: 8EKG-WWWW-WWW7-CAMS

Round 2:

Mishimono vs Doobzi
g1: RBHG-WWWW-WWW7-G9R9
g2: WCGG-WWWW-WWW7-G9R6

Finals:

Mishimono vs Natalie.
g1: LBEG-WWWW-WWW7-YKS9
g2: 58BW-WWWW-WWW7-YKSF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)