Tournament Battle Spot Premier League - FINALS [Won by: Saffron Side-Pups]

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Like last week pls post here what time you play so people can watch/we can organize streams beforehand.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Scheduled for Saturday 4-5pm EDT, subject to change but let's say 5pm for simplicity's sake.

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PUUUUUUUUUUUUUPSSSSSSSSSSSS

Feels amazing to win this in convincing fashion after coming so close last year, ggs to all of our opponents and I'm so so so proud of our team, amazing group of players.

Natalie. gets first shoutout, she pretty much ran the show as far as BSS went in both the draft and during the tournament, almost as much of a manager of this team as I was really. You're one of my best friends on this site and I'm so happy we got to win this together. I know you're gonna kill it in Snake, sky is the limit for you as a player.

Feis Ty Power xertz bargens S2P Fam, always a pleasure to be with the boys and its especially great to be with "Hey guys, Faaiz "Aaron "5-0-Slayer-Cybertron" Zheng" Ashfaq here" 2 years in a row, you guys are like a family to me

Zamrock Plas Our BSS had its ups and downs but you guys always came through when we needed it most and both of you guys are phenomenal players, hopefully we get to team up in a different tour at some point down the road

Cynara you get your own shoutout because holy shit last pick in the draft has never been so clutch. 5-1 is absolutely amazing and you should definitely play some more BSS in the future, I think you've got a really good eye for it

Kingler12345 blinkboy our benchwarmers are the best around without a doubt, Kingler is the GOAT cheerleader and our shitposting channel has been hella lit

rozes gone but never forgotten, ill snap you about this or something

All the people who hung out in our chat and helped to some degree, I appreciate any help or just additions to chat - Pearl Jhon Level 51

See everybody next year, looking forward to running it back n_n

also i played stax and won 2-1 g_gs

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-629913103
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-629915214
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotdoubles-629918633

Last edited:

DragonWhale

Congratulations to the Saffron Side-Pups, your BSPL II Champions!

Woah Sam didn't get second in a PL. I am not familiar with a timeline like this.

All the players in the Pups will receive a "BSPL CHAMPION" role in the Official Battle Spot Discord!

Congrats to the Fallarbor Flare Blitzers for making Finals as well. They were a very powerful team during the entire tournament.

Now for the MVPs:

Congratulations to Kaori Natalie. Cynara and nvakna for having the best record of 5-1 in this tournament! A 4-way tie for first (rip 5-0 qsns).

Shoutouts to all the players and managers and even all the people who signed up. You guys are the ones that made this possible in the first place. I haven't been the most active host this year but I hope everyone enjoyed their experience in this tournament nonetheless. For anyone who played Battle Spot formats for the first time, welcome! I hope you liked it enough to continue playing it in our circuit tournaments and future BSPLs. I promise to do my best to include GBU next year (if I'm still here by then) ;_;7.

Until Next Time, See Ya

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Guess all my luck this week went to Fire Emblem Heroes. Disappointed that the season ended the way it did but I'm happy for Sam that he finally got to take a subforum PL win after coming second last BSPL and DPL. While we didn't win it all, I think our dominant showing during the main season speaks for itself and I'm still glad I was able to take the team this far. While I think the overall mood of this BSPL was bogged down by some low moments, I really liked how much we got to see the community develop after last year. Just want to give a shout-out to my team for being so cool, especially as I got busy during this weekend due to real-life commitments.

nvakna You get first shout-out because nobody can convince me you weren't the strongest player in BSPL. After an amazing showing last year with Extreme Speed Togekiss and Minimize Chansey you found a way to outdo yourself with an insane 10-1 game record this year during the main season. I'm still not sure how you managed to win so convincingly with Coil Milotic, Adamant Koko and SubToxic Mega Metagross but I've given up trying to make sense of your thought process a long time ago. You just keep on winning.

kamikaze I may as well shout-out the rest of Team Berkeley now while I'm at it. While you may have under-performed you were definitely as valuable as the price it took to get you. My biggest regret is being the first to not lead you to a subforum PL victory, guess you have to settle for always being on a team that makes finals now. The Berkeley core is real and it was fun having you and nvakna again after all of our time in VGC tournaments, shame we didn't have Kimo on the team to actually play, then we'd really be Team Berkeley.

SofroneL The last member of Team Berkeley, you may not be the 3k monster nvakna was last year but you were a great player to have and I'm glad I convinced you to join BSPL. Your record may not imply it but we both know you got robbed out of a few wins, and you managed to sneak your way out of games even I didn't think you could still win. I'd love to see you play more BSS again.

Stax At least you get a reason this time. :I Even though BSD and DOU are totally different formats I knew it was a good idea to get you on the team. I'm still not sure how I managed to get all of these cool people on one team but having you around with kamikaze, nvakna and qsns made it feel like Team DOU and really helped the team come together. Your last-second teams were also always great.

qsns I know you were worried about getting on a team that tried to get you to play BSD but after playing you in the old Showdown tour way back, I knew better than that. Your teams may not have been as out there as nvakna's teams but it was always great seeing what ideas you threw out there. Even if you didn't get to keep that perfect record you're definitely one of the best.

Teryx38 You're definitely one of my favorite picks after seeing you destroy in the main season. I figured you'd be an easy 3k and make for a great backup in any format but I think you definitely impressed some people out there, myself included. I knew you signed up initially for BSD and I feel a little bad for never putting you in for it but I'm glad you got to show off some great stuff this season.

Hulavuta Even though you weren't really an active player I don't regret making the decision to trade you onto the team. You didn't talk much in the chat but having another familiar face that didn't mind not playing meant a lot more than you might think. Yeah I could've possibly had another 3k sleeper pick but I have no regrets.

I'd also like to shout-out NOVED and cant say for rooting for us every round after we almost 6-0'ed you, I know it was mutually beneficial for both of us but we all appreciated it nonetheless. Also shout-out to Checkmater, DaWoblefet and TheFourthChaser for hanging out in the chat, even if you weren't around often you were all cool. I'm glad the season is finally over, but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)