Battle of the Week \m/

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If no one objects, I think I would like to run this! Or at least be apart of helping. =)

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
#1 seems the best to me, a lot of the interest in the op seems to stem from the actual match up and not just good player x vs good player y. of course, anyone selected will probably be an interesting match up anyways, so I wouldn't completely object to #2. While #3 seems interesting, it doesn't exactly seem like the original concept of "battle of the week" and becomes more of a "king of the hill" type thing, which isn't bad and might seem interesting for something separate, but just seems to not be the same thing that's suggested in the op. i would much rather see completely different players week to week, despite how interesting it would be to see how long someone can hold onto the reigns.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I was under the impression the OP was leaning towards specific kinds of teams vs each other rather than specific players. Max said, "see some really good battlers face each other." I would prefer if this was more like the well, but only instead of there just being one person, there will be two people to play each other. If people want to see a specific match, then most of the votes would go to the two players they want to see battle. It has more possibilities -- if you use idea one, then you are locked in to only those player matches. Idea two has infinite match possibilities, but still gives the power to the viewers to decide who they want to see.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would follow idea two.

A *king of the hill* event sounds cool and I'd be interested if it was taken further, but it shouldn't interfere with this.

1 or 2 for this purpose, but lets definitely do a 3 (king of the hill) sometime, sounds like fun

Bumping this in case people forgot, I think option 1 is probably what we'll end up going with if that's ok with everyone. I'll talk to Max on IRC next time I see him about getting this started.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
yeah #1 sounds good to start off with but I wouldn't mind introducing option 3 at a later stage. I think we should get this going ASAP.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I think everyone's already made a choice, and max is on a break as seen in the leaves of absence thread. this seems simple enough that I'm sure max wouldn't mind starting without him, so if earthworm wants to get it started, I have no objections.

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, EW, you can get this started! I'll talk to you about it later on IRC when I get the chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)