Batpig's Mario Kart DS Bonanza!

If we were to ban snaking, then we'd litterally have to limit how much we snake. And you'd have to exactly define how we snake. Will you allow people to powerslide on a large freeway? Only one powerslide per a turn?

OK just to make sure would snaking be like continously mini turboing Left and right on a curved track or is it specific to straightaways.

Snaking is when you continuously powerslide left and right very quicky while going straight, turning, or anything else really. You get continuous speed boosts and will basically win against opponents that aren't/can't do it. Some people think its cheap because it's theoretically meant for when you're turning, as you lose speed if you turn without doing it. It's probably not meant to be used to "snake" like that, but alas, it's exploitable.

I honestly can't imagine playing without powersliding at all - it's made for going around turns after all - but snaking is just... I dunno, I think it makes the game less fun.

Snaking is when you continuously powerslide left and right very quicky while going straight, turning, or anything else really. You get continuous speed boosts and will basically win against opponents that aren't/can't do it. Some people think its cheap because it's theoretically meant for when you're turning, as you lose speed if you turn without doing it. It's probably not meant to be used to "snake" like that, but alas, it's exploitable.
I was under the impression that snaking only occured when powersliding multiple times in a straightaway, not when turning. I can hardly imagine how the usual snaking convention of going from left to right could be beneficial on a turn.

But then again, I've never really been a "hardcore" MKDS player, so what do I know? =/

I was under the impression that snaking only occured when powersliding multiple times in a straightaway, not when turning. I can hardly imagine how the usual snaking convention of going from left to right could be beneficial on a turn.
It depends on the intensity of the turn and if there are any turns right afterwards, but yes, like mentioned above I guess the simplest definition would've been "multiple powerslides". XD Sorry.

Na, that's ok. I just wanted to be clear on it, lest if we do have a "no snaking" clause that I wouldn't be accidentally breaking the rules. It's fine though, I don't think I usually take more than one power slide per turn anyway. I'd have to go back and run through some of these courses to be sure though.

Either way, it'll be simple to remember. Thanks =)

I would be all about this, although it'll be difficult to reduce/stop power sliding. If I understand correctly, people want powersliding to be exclusive to turns? what about 'special' cases, like on Yoshi's course? Powersliding can get you through the waterfalls that would otherwise push you off. Or would you be allowed to powerslide into the shortcut in Delfino Square? If not, then there's no point in using it, as the mud slows you down so bad.

Whatever the case, sign me up.

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What if someone launches a shell at you? Can you power slide to dodge it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)