SM OU Bastard

p2

Banned deucer.

Hi, this is my first SM RMT and I'm making this to feature one of my best builds I've made in SM and consistently dominated ladder with over the last couple months or so.

My main inspiration behind this build came from using Ditto and supporting it with breakers and bulky shit that forces setup like Chansey. Ditto punishes mindless setup which is everywhere on the ladder and on this team it fits nearly perfectly as a catch-all vs fast threats and is useful for PP stalling stall too. I've also used the hell out of this team and topped ladder a couple of times with it so its pretty good, I've also been asked to RMT this a lot of times so I'm finally getting around to that.

building process:

I built around this core which supports Ditto by forcing setup to break passive mons like Chansey and Scizor, think things like Garchomp or Landorus-T.

I added mixed Thundurus and CB Zyg to form a stallbreaking core of sorts, as both of these mons together can place a ridiculous amount of pressure on stall due to Thundy removing items and Zyg just spamming Thousand Arrows against most things as per usual.

Pex supports the team further by weakening bulky grasses and spreading Tspikes which help wear down a lot of threatening stuff, including things like Lele.

>

Thundy was very underwhelming in practise and y4 suggested offensive agility Zap over Thundy, I wasn't a fan at first but it's a underrated sweeper in OU and crushes a lot of standard teams, and still does well even with the addition of Mega Manectric.

in depth:

Scizor @ Scizorite | Light Metal
Impish | 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bullet Punch | U-turn | Roost | Defog

Scizor in my opinion is the best Defogger in the tier, and given how this teams main weakness is through exploiting holes with hazards, removal is really important here. A lot of people like shitting on Scizor since MegaGross got banned but I really don't think this mon has gotten any worse in the tier, it's still great for blanket checking a ton of threats and in general is just a bitch to reliably get rid of. Sciz still functions well as a Zygarde switchin and a ton of other threats like Lele locked into Psychic moves and uses BP to offensively pressure things like Koko and Lando-T. U-turn + Ditto is also a solid strategy since it punishes switching into fires and various other things can put you into a better position because depending what comes in, you've got a shit ton of options to abuse, whether it's spamming Toxic/Scald with waters, fire blast with Fires, or even spikes with Skarm / Ferro. Slow U-turn is also fantastic for punishing things like non Sub Hera since Ditto just comes in and goes ham.

Zapdos @ Electrium Z | Pressure
Modest | 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Agility | Thunderbolt | Heat Wave | Hidden Power Ice

Agility Zapdos is lit as fuck, I've been alternating between Roost 3 Atk and this set, and I think this set is a lot better, Agility beats a lot of typical ladder teams because they're stuck in January and still spam Fini and various other garb. Elec/Fire/Ice is pretty hard to switch into and Zap abuses things like Clef and Mew with Gigavolt, limiting its answers further, generally the best answer to this is like Latis or Chansey. Modest is strong as all hell, but Timid is still an option because some people like using Jolly Lando.

Chansey @ Eviolite | Natural Cure
Bold | 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Stealth Rock | Soft-Boiled | Seismic Toss | Healing Wish

Chansey is everyone's favourite pink blob and walls a shit ton of the meta and is my main answer to a ton of threats in the tier, mainly things like AshGren, Alakazam, Magearna and ZardY. Even though it shuts down nearly all special attackers it still has use in being able to wall things like Zygarde, Lando-T and Garchomp that lack setup moves, otherwise if they set up, Ditto abuses them and can potentially countersweep. Healing Wish is a neat option on Chansey too because it's surprisingly very useful for healing up my weakened breakers or Ditto. But yeah, Chansey's role on the team is very straight forward, come in on shit, get up rocks and spam Stoss.

Zygarde @ Choice Band | Aura Break
Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Thousand Arrows | Outrage | Extreme Speed | Iron Tail

A team really isn't mine if it lacks Zygarde. Zygarde is the best breaker in the tier and is incredibly splashable, its raw power isn't particularly impressive but when backed by Band, Thousand Arrows is very annoying to switch into and considering the best switchins in the tier are abused by the rest of this team, I feel Zyg really fits well here because it provides immediate power to pressure very fat builds with ease and has strong priority to pick off weakened offensive threats late-game easily, especially when things like Pex and Chansey have been weakened or killed. It's also super easy to support Zygarde here with Toxic Spikes. Banded Espeed is super nice for pressuring offense more while Iron Tail rips Clef and Bulu.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf | Imposter
Relaxed | 252 HP / 252 Def
Transform

Ditto is the main reason this team can even function well in the first place, it deters setup from the entire tier and punishes so much threatening shit running around like DD Zyg, Volc, Lando, Chomp, Pinsir, Gren and is great for abusing bulky mons like Ferro / Skarm and setting up Spikes, Pex and Tang for healing w/ Regen and Scalding/Knocking stuff. Ditto is also great for switching into things like Zapdos and PP stalling w/ Pressure, wasting potential Defog PP and in general is just a massive pain in the ass for bulky teams to face and deal with, because outside of Dugtrio, there's very little that actually prevents Ditto from doing its job and wasting PP. Ditto mostly abuses the fact that half the team is setup bait for very dangerous breakers / sweepers, and it works really well too atm because very little actually uses Substitute too. I originally had Ditto on here because it beat dumb cheese playstyles like Webs and BP, but it still works perfectly fine even with BP gone.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge | Regenerator
Bold | 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Toxic Spikes | Scald | Recover | Haze

Toxapex rounds off this team nicely by providing a Keldeo answer as well as some form of Gengar switchin too. Regen is broken and it lets Pex switch around shit constantly and spread Tox Spikes which are great on this build because it cripples a shit ton of things that are annoying, mainly Tangrowth and it helps apply additional pressure to stall since it easily gets a spike up and either forces in Pex or forces stuff to take poison which is usually enough to knock them into Zyg range easily. Pex also spams Scald and burns the shit out of everything so it's got that going for it too and in combination with Chansey and Ditto, switching between the three can usually outlast stall, but ofc Duggy is annoying there, so Shed Shell is always an option.​

Threatlist
- Although Lele is seeing less use, it's still a massive pain to deal with, the most difficult sets to deal with are Taunt sets which just shut down nearly everything on the team, it's difficult to get back momentum vs this thing. Specs sets are similarly threatening but it's easier to play around when locked into a single move, but its definitely hard to recover from say Chansey getting hit by Psyshock. Scarf sets are easy to deal with since Chansey can shut them down most of the time.

/
- Both of these mons have access to SD unlike Zygarde which makes them significantly harder to deal with. Lando-T is nearly impossible to defensively keep under check due to Z moves so it's best just to chip it whenever possible and offensively check it with Zyg / Zap / Ditto. Garchomp is similarly threatening but I find it easier to punish with Ditto since it isn't immune to its most spammable STAB.
- lol. use Ditto

- Tran annoys everything because it shuts down Chansey and just chips the hell out of Zyg, luckily Magma Storm has negative accuracy and Ditto can abuse Tran fairly well from my experience.

- Dug is a pain in the ass because its capable of trapping Chansey and / or Toxapex which usually opens up some massive as fuck holes, depending on what gets trapped, if you break Sash (very easily done), Ditto removes it.

Counterplay for Marshadow is waiting for the quickban.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Haze

Last edited:
Cool team. I really love Healing Wish Chansey because it is unexpected. I have a suggestion that would lose you Tspikes but could still be worth it:

->

Pros:
- Wishsupport (this one is huge for Zygarde, Zapdos and Ditto)
- Less prone to Lele and Mega Medicham
- helps matchup against Mega Swampert, which gets free switches against your Zapdos
- Knock Off helps your breakers: 252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO
- harder to trap with Dugtrio
- also has access to Healing Wish if you want to experiment with that

Cons:
- lose Toxic Spikes
- harder to switch into Zard-Y (though you can still use Ditto to switch into Zard Y and spam Roost or just go Chansey if there is no risk involved with that)
- loss of Haze means you cannot reliably stop bulky CMers. CM Reuniclus (MZor could potentially wall it and PPstall, so can your Ditto), SubCM Keldeo (you can Espeed with Zygarde to break Sub as you sack it and then go to Ditto and potentially sweep your opponents team), CM Slowbro just gets Toxiced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)