• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
If you don't know what I am referring to:
"Bassgame 1.0" : makeshift game inside NPL mafia
"Bassgame 2.0" : a cereal murder that shoots people with cheerios

I have not been active within the community in Circus for a while due to being busy with grad school, however I experienced a recent medical emergency and have reduced some of my coursework commitments. Long story short, I have a bit more time on my hands than before and I am interested in hosting another game like the ones mentioned above. Though a year has passed since cereal, I still regret botching up the final task and ending the game prematurely. There are also some ideas I have for tasks that I want to try out as well. However I obviously won't even bother posting a sign-up thread (ie, the 0th task) without being sure that a decent number of people would be interested in playing, especially since askaninjask has hosted a similar game recently. Therefore, please post here if you are interested and also answer the following questions:

1) Should there be punishments? (see poll).
2) What should the new game be called? Obviously I don't intend to actually call it "Bassgame 3.0". If any of you can come up with a title that I like, I will use that.

My plan is to host this in the middle of April or early May if there is enough interest.

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
As much as I personally would love to, the scheduled time you are thinking of hosting this coincides with my trip to Thailand. So I'll pass. I'm sure there are plenty others who might be willing to sign up. I did get roughly 40 or so people to sign up for my Big game, so it shouldn't be too hard. People have been much more active in Mafia games as of late which is quite nice.

Anyways, good luck!~

I'd be willing to play if there weren't any BIGs going on at the time.

I'm having enough trouble keeping up with Yeti's and Acklows games as it is...

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Would be interested, would participate, and would most likely lose in the first round.

Hooray!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd be willing to play if there are no punishments and if challenges shy away from knowledge of Smogon itself (such as the links hunt from the last challenge)

Bass

Brother in arms
I'd be willing to play if there are no punishments and if challenges shy away from knowledge of Smogon itself (such as the links hunt from the last challenge)
When I made bassgame 1.0, the intention was for the game to be laid back while still requiring some amount of mafia related skills. The scavenger hunt was sort of meant to uphold to this while providing a nostalgia trip. However I did intend for the other players to figure it out through collaboration and only jumpluff was able to do most of it on her own.

In cereal (bassgame 2.0), the tasks were much more serious and no smogon knowledge was required. Rest assured, 3.0 will not require it either.

I would be interested but the timing is really terrible what with my assignments :(

Sorry to hear about your medical emergency, hope you're okay and the rest is doing you good.

Bass

Brother in arms
Acklow jumpluff

It seems a few of you would like to play but can't due to the timing. It is not set in stone though, so if there is another time when I can host the game that could maximize the potential amount of players, that would be great. If the current timeframe of early May is inconvenient for you, let me know what time would work better for you (ie, early June instead?).

Last edited:
Acklow jumpluff

It seems a few of you would like to play but can't do to the timing. It is not set in stone though, so if there is another time when I can host the game that could maximize the potential amount of players, that would be great. If the current timeframe of early May is inconvenient for you, let me know what time would work better for you (ie, early June instead?).
early may is potentially feasible, early june even better. I can't do april under any circumstances. may-june is my study-exam period and everything finishes after the 5th of june

Lord Lugia

Banned deucer.
Umm, where could one find the rules and how to play? I'm interested in playing, I'm just new to Smogon, so I don't know this "Mafia" game...

Bass

Brother in arms
See the links in my first post. It isn't really a "mafia" game, but the tasks emphasize strategy and negotiation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)