NOC Bard's College Mafia - Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but that lets the inactive be inactive.

If the inactive actively refuses to talk, like they clearly are here yet they say nothing, then it's antitown play and should be lynched. If they don't show up at all, then we should get a sub for them. Lynching inactives is to pressure them into talking.

Although I agree with lynching scumreads, I don't think lynching inactives should be so frowned upon as a easy play.

(highlighting tag removed from quotes)
We're not massclaiming, or claiming anything of any kind, until someone gets to L-2 or is near lynch. Then they can claim and we can evaluate if they are being truthful or not.

Aura Guardian: Is your vote on Former Hope serious, given your "I was about to RVS" thing?
It's serious. However, it's also not completely so, because it's too early to make calls like that.

Texas Cloverleaf is town, for the day one at least. Them trying to figure out the setup is one thing I find that towny.

Former Hope's appeal on us claiming.. just seems like an attempt from a townie to make suggestions for town to play this theme. WIFOM, I don't see mafia going on about claims this early in the game. It would be just too reckless.

Though one thing I didn't like about Former Hope is that their lynch on Aura Guardian. Seems like as if you are lynching them because they are lynching you.
Suspicious buddying. Unvote, Vote Champ1604. Explain better.

(And liking bluedoom a lot right now)

Checking in on Sanctioned Gluttony Day

Unvote

RVS has impact if it snowballs. Other than that, it's about reactions.

I disagree with AG about Bluedoom. Tone on opening read a little shifty to me.

Woo, good morning y'all.
Once more, I apologize for not being as active as the more experienced of us. I'm still working out just how and what it means to read, scumread specifically, and don't want to look silly or misread.
Now, I want to Unvote/Vote XnadrojX
Sure, I was memeing in response to Texas Cloverleaf, but yo, that's just who I am, fam. Getting an "he's only memed so far, so he's idle" read from one post, one post made at 1 in the morning, is pushing it a little.

I've been mulling over a few thoughts:

1) Does abilities as one-shots make immediate reveal of results more viable as a scumhunting strat?
2) How would expended shots affect a player's perceived value?

Texas Cloverleaf is town, for the day one at least. Them trying to figure out the setup is one thing I find that towny.
Explain why you think Texas trying to figure out the setup is townie? I know it's early, but I don't see any attempt by them to figure out other people's alignments here, and deliberating over the setup is something scum can easily do.

lynching XnadrojX may seem weird, but I am following what Texas said for now, lynching an inactive lurker.
No one is inactive or lurking, especially the game hasn't been open for 24 hours yet. What are you trying to accomplish with this vote?

bluedoom said:
Stance on FH is too waffly for my tastes.
How is Champ's stance on FH waffly? Her stance on FH feels like she's declaring a strong town read, and she's not leaving any escape hatches on the read.

(apologies if I mess up on any pronouns, new around here)

I've been mulling over a few thoughts:

1) Does abilities as one-shots make immediate reveal of results more viable as a scumhunting strat?
2) How would expended shots affect a player's perceived value?
Explain how any of this helps us catch the bad guys, thanks.

We're not immediately revealing our usage of abilities; we're not assigning value towards players who have used their one-shots. We should just play this as a normal game. Focusing on mechanics is a trap.

I find the lack of responses/acknowledgement to my mxmts vote other than Champ to be pretty telling.

My confirmation biased mind makes me think that it's scum trying to brush over the entire thing but we'll see.

Explain your townread on Texas? People are townreading them but I am not really understanding why, given that they have not scumhunted at all yet.

If you have slight scum reads on blue and mx, then why are you not voting either of them?

Anyways, quick spitballing:

I agree with AG on ability amount claiming. It makes it pretty easy for mafia to know who to kill, based on these statements (unless people lie, which becomes suspicious later)

Agree with Texas on D1 associations, but not entirely on the lynching. We should still put at least some level of pressure on them.

Give me suicide as one of my abilities pls.

I see you guys are just engaging in setup mechanics talk so I'll just say that a lot of JOAT roles are probably gonna be awfully specific to prevent too-crazy shit from happening. That said it's essentially role madness so.....

Vote Hitmonleet

Sheeping Haruno :D
OMGUS :O

The early champ wagon feels... wierd. They didn't do anything, yet we already have 4 votes on them. IMO we may want to look at this closer in the future, might be telling (ofc it's also pretty telling now, so now would also be good).

Yeah but that lets the inactive be inactive.

If the inactive actively refuses to talk, like they clearly are here yet they say nothing, then it's antitown play and should be lynched. If they don't show up at all, then we should get a sub for them. Lynching inactives is to pressure them into talking.

Although I agree with lynching scumreads, I don't think lynching inactives should be so frowned upon as a easy play.
Personally agree with this, seems like town being pragmatic to me.

Liking as in, as town. I think bloodoom is town. Realized after hitting post that I was being ambiguous.
Checking in on Sanctioned Gluttony Day

Unvote

RVS has impact if it snowballs. Other than that, it's about reactions.

I disagree with AG about Bluedoom. Tone on opening read a little shifty to me.
Could both of you maybe clarify what you two are saying? I might have missed it in my skimming, but the statements just feel a bit overly vague.

We need to focus on something, at least. Mafia thrives in low activity situations.

I've got slight scum reads on Blue and Mx, as explained before. You and Texas read pretty Townie.
Allow me to play devil's advocate here: Why do you believe Prophylaxis is town? Tbh this kind of play right off the bat seems really sus to me. It feels coached imo.

Prophylaxis I might later, but rn all I've got is gut.

Hitmonleet #37 for starters. Between understanding how Town can protect target-worthy info and Columboing the shit out of the game from then on, he's been giving two impressions: 1) he's got experience under his belt and 2) he's playing from a Townie pov.

We're not massclaiming, or claiming anything of any kind, until someone gets to L-2 or is near lynch. Then they can claim and we can evaluate if they are being truthful or not.

Aura Guardian: Is your vote on Former Hope serious, given your "I was about to RVS" thing?
For reference, #37

Tbh this still bothers me. We've got this random person coming in with their opening to their first smogon mafia game full of mafia slang and logical arguments. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Prophylaxis have you played mafia on any other sites before?

For reference, #37

Tbh this still bothers me. We've got this random person coming in with their opening to their first smogon mafia game full of mafia slang and logical arguments. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Prophylaxis have you played mafia on any other sites before?
For the record, this is not my first Smogon Mafia game. This was.

I have played on other sites, yes. Joined this one because I saw this was one off away from firing, plus I was trying to look up some OU cores for the draft league I'm a part of. Plus, playing without expectations/reading people without the benefit of meta is something I like to do occasionally.

Popping back in because I forgot to answer a question.

Prophylaxis You'd probably need to look back at previous games to get the reference, but out of the gate Texas takes a pro-activity stance. The hyperbolic reference to past nocs is about the recent tendency for noc games to stagnate at some point. He then goes to talk about how we can prevent it from happening here.

You have me for an hour or so before I have to go do Thanksgiving.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Explain your townread on Texas? People are townreading them but I am not really understanding why, given that they have not scumhunted at all yet.
You're completely right that I haven't scumhunted in a manner apparent to the thread yet

Mind you I also was posting before 95% of the game had looked at the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)