SM OU Bambola

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
===========================

click for importable
Introduction
Yo! Recently I've been toying with Life Orb Clefable, a set which looks really amazing to me thanks to its power and coverage while still providing some useful defensive utility in sturdy Dark resist. This team is the best I built with Life Orb Clefable, and now I'm sharing it with you guys. Ok, let's go straight into the team!

Teambuilding Process

So I started from the aforementioned Life Orb Clefable. I really enjoy this Pokémon's luring and wallbreaking capabilities. I'll explain Clefable more at the In-Depth Look, now moving to the next Pokémon.

Kartana is my wincon. I chose it because it appreciates Clefable luring the likes of M-Scizor and Celesteela, which are big roadblock to Kartana. Kartana helps me versus stall too.

Being a Dark resist, Clefable needs a sturdy Water resist so together they make Ash-Greninja's transformation a lot harder. Toxapex is my Water resist of choice; it also gives me better matchup versus other threats like non-ZPsychic Volcarona and M-Charizard Y.

I needed another Pokémon to support Kartana. M-Tyranitar forms a great core with Kartana, trapping M-Lati Duo and pressuring Tornadus-T, all of which are common offensive answers to Kartana. M-Tyranitar is also my main check to Heatran.

Tangrowth creates a Regenerator core with Toxapex and completes my defensive backbone. It also can pivot on Ash-Greninja and take some hits from Tapu Lele and M-Alakazam. Originally it was Ferrothorn but later I replaced it because having only one Ground resist/immunity sucks, and Tangrowth also helps me vs Serperior a bit. Additionally, combined with M-Tyranitar's Sand Stream, Tangrowth lets me win against Rain most of the time.

Finally, Landorus-T gives me crucial things like a Ground-type, a form of speed control, and a form of hazard removal. Coupled with Tangrowth, Landorus-T gives me a lot easier time versus Tapu Koko and a Volt Switch spam in general.

In-Depth Look
@

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

Thunderbolt lets Clefable beat Toxapex and chip down Heatran. I prefer it over Thunder thanks to its accuracy and PP. Fire Blast is needed to lure in and KO Ferrothorn and M-Scizor. It also hits Celesteela harder than anything Clefable has. A reliable recovery in Soft-Boiled is necessary to act as a sturdy Dark resist and be able to wallbreak for more time. Life Orb coupled with full SpA investment makes Clefable hit like a truck, and Magic Guard nullifies a recoil from Life Orb. 180 Spe EVs let Clefable outpace standard M-Tyranitar.

@

Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Swords Dance is what makes Kartana dangerous wallbreaker, stallbreaker, and sweeper. Sacred Sword lets Kartana hit Steel-types like Heatran, Ferrothorn, M-Scizor, and Celesteela for at least neutral damage. Giga Impact is the main pearl of this set; when boosted by Normalium Z, it lets Kartana smash its answers like Tornadus-T and M-Latios on the switch or the likes of Zapdos and M-Venusaur at +2.
@

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Absolutely standard Toxapex, with Toxic over Toxic Spikes to cripple its switch-ins immediately. I consider 252 HP / 252 SpD Toxapex trash because it doesn't need such a big investment in order to be a good check to Ash-Greninja and non-ZPsychic Volcarona. The EV spread of my Toxapex allows
it to survive a M-Alakazam's Psychic from full, while max HP hits a Black Sludge number. The rest in Def.
@

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Stealth Rock is great on M-Tyranitar because it can force many switches thanks to its sheer power. Additionally, it can beat the best Defogger of the entire OU metagame, Tornadus-T. Pursuit offers invaluable support for Kartana, eliminating the aforementioned Tornadus-T as well as M-Lati Duo. Fire Punch is the coverage of choice because it reliably hits Celesteela and M-Scizor. 88 Spe EVs ensure that M-Tyranitar will outspeed M-Mawile.
@

Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Power Whip was chosen to hit Tapu Lele and M-Alakazam harder. Knock Off is useful to punish Pokémon that rely on their items to function well, like defensive Heatran. HP Ice lets Tangrowth hit Landorus-T and Garchomp for heavy damage. Earthquake prevents Heatran from coming in on Tangrowth freely. Assault Vest is so Tangrowth can be an actual special wall.
@

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 136 Atk / 84 Def / 208 Spe
Nature: Naive
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

U-turn is needed for grabbing momentum. HP Fire lets Landorus-T handle Kartana, which ZNormal set is otherwise very threatening to me. Defog is necessary to control hazards on the field. The EV spread enables Landorus-T to survive two unboosted Leaf Blades from Kartana as well as outpace boosted Kommo-o. Naive nature is preferred to not lower a damage output vs M-Scizor.

Threatlist
: the lack of a bulky Steel-type like Celesteela or Magearna means that these Psychic-types are difficult to stop. Tangrowth can eat some hits but it isn't difficult to overwhelm. Knock Off M-Alakazam is especially annoying because it can remove Tangrowth's Assault Vest.
: I can't switch on any of these two. M-Gallade is even more difficult to handle than M-Medicham because my only Pokémon that outpaces it is Landorus-T, which doesn't OHKO M-Gallade and is easy to chip down.
: once it gets behind a Substitute, it becomes very annoying to deal with. My best opt versus Kyurem is M-Tyranitar.
: similarly to M-Gallade & M-Medicham, switching on it is tough for my team but M-Tyranitar can somewhat handle it.

Conclusion
Overall, the team is pretty fun to use! Yeah, it has very annoying matchups but ways of dealing with them still exist. I appreciate any kind of feedback from you guys. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
This team seems really solid! I have a couple of suggestions though.
  • IMO Pex seems like too much of a momentum drain for your team. Rotom is a better fit, it can get your breakers in safely via VoltTurn, spread paralysis allowing Clef to prey on faster mons / Kart to break past Torn, and it relieves a lot of pressure on TTar to check threats like Heatran/Torn. It deals with Z-Fly Lando which your team seems pretty weak to atm.
  • With Pex replaced, I put Amoonguss over Tangrowth to deal with stuff like Keldeo/Magearna. It can also pivot into Bulu/Kart, which the current version of your team seems pretty weak to. Payapa Berry helps you deal with the problematic psychic types you mentioned (the spread lets you live specs Lele Psyshock from full).
  • Since Rotom/Gus now patch up the Kart/Scizor weakness (and Rotom now provides Defog) I removed HP Fire and Defog on Landorus and changed it to 4 attacks.
  • Changed Clef's EVs slightly so that it outspeeds paralyzed Mega Lopunny.
Here's the new version of your team: https://pokepast.es/6a67c9d521f499a0 Hope you enjoy.

Hey Egor,

I love the core of Life Orb Clefable + Z-Giga Impact, props for coming up with that, i think your team is pretty interesting but there's still a flaw or two that I think I can mitigate. Now onto my changes:

♯ Major Changes ♯
  • Landorus-T > Jirachi
    • Code:
      Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
      Ability: Serene Grace
      EVs: 140 HP / 24 Atk / 92 SpD / 252 Spe
      Jolly Nature
      - Iron Head
      - Fire Punch
      - U-turn
      - Healing Wish
    • So yeah, you need a Steel-type on every team (except Delphox Stall lmao), Tapu Lele, Magearna, and Mega Alakazam are too huge of a threat otherwise. I realised your defensive backbone wouldn't quite be able to support a defensive Steel-type without compromising other regards so making Jirachi your Choice Scarf user over Landorus-T felt like the natural change. Healing Wish is also a pretty welcome addition, helping out Jirachi's teammates to be healthy to continuously check what they should. Fire Punch also helps with opposing Kartana.
  • Mega Tyranitar > Mega Garchomp
    • Code:
      Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
      Ability: Sand Force
      EVs: 20 HP / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
      Mild Nature
      - Earthquake
      - Draco Meteor
      - Fire Blast
      - Stealth Rock
    • So now that you that I've removed a Ground-type I should add another. Aside from being a Ground-type, Mega Garchomp lures Tangrowth, Celesteela, and Mega Latias for Kartana and provides a slightly better Heatran check, as Mega Garchomp outspeeds it. The EV spread, lets Mega Garchomp take a Supersonic Skystrike from Adamant Landorus-T, and a Mild nature is preferred for better rolls on Celesteela and Tapu Bulu.
  • Toxapex > Rotom-W
    • Code:
      Rotom-Wash @ Wiki Berry
      Ability: Levitate
      EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 SpD
      Calm Nature
      IVs: 0 Atk
      - Hydro Pump
      - Volt Switch
      - Thunder Wave
      - Defog
    • Rotom-W fills three very important niches over Toxapex considering the two alterations above. It gives you a Ground immunity, which is huge and well every team should have one, it gives you a Defogger now that I've removed Landorus-T, and lastly a Tornadus-T resist because Jirachi can't get Knock Off'd in most situations. The EV spread takes two Dark Pulses from Battle Bond Greninja and always lives Supersonic Skystrike from more defensive Landorus-T. Thunder Wave is opted for so Mega Charizard X and Volcarona are less of a concern.

♭ Minor Changes ♭
  • Power Whip + Earthquake —> Giga Drain + Focus Blast
    • Code:
      Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
      Sassy Nature
      - Giga Drain
      - Knock Off
      - Hidden Power [Ice]
      - Focus Blast
    • Focus Blast helps with Kartana while ensuring you keep your Hidden Power Ice, now that your team can adequately handle Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele you don't need Power Whip.

So these are my suggestions for your team! I hope you liked the changes. Here's the final team:

Code:
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Rotom-Wash @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 20 HP / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 140 HP / 24 Atk / 92 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Last edited:
lyd bigtalk Thanks for the suggestions guys, I really appreciate your feedbacks! Btw what does your spread on Jirachi do, lyd?
oh shit I forgot to mention that part. I prefer a more specially defensive jirachi on this team because it's your only steel-type. the attack evs are so iron head 2hkoes mega alakazam, and the spdef evs make it so it avoids a 2hko from focus blast after stealth rock. i hope you liked the team though :) this is actually one of my favorite rates!

also the mega garchomp was supposed to be fire blast, already edited that, oops

Yo bro, absolutely :fire: on Betta Lemme

Back to the team, gj on the initiative to build on LO Clef is not for everyone and I must say that you had a fair amount of imagination in this regard.

Anyway I would like to point out some weaknesses that present the eyes of the current metagame.

Weaknesses:

801.png>>> the set with cm + sg can sweep the team without problems in endame, not having measures to contract it even with Toxapex (you should hope that it is devoid of T-Bolt, but it is really rare.

637.png>>> the set with Psychium Z completely destroys your team, without holding and if you scouted the Z can do substantial damage to Toxapex even at +1. Obviously we are talking about a final sweep here as TTar could manage it if it were to stay at full life.

>>> if kyurem subs you have no way out, it takes away a kill and to make matters worse it could stall without hesitation.

485.png >>> if it had steelium Z it is heavily problematic for your team, Toxapex would be trapped and not the best.

Major Changes:

>>>

For the reasons indicated above.
I prefer it setter since it is the absorber of all the special attacks, therefore it is the one that enters more in the field.
T-Wave is the winning choice, (compared to Toxapex) for boosting speed and outspeeding others Kartana with choice scarf.

Minor Changes:

(set)
In this regard I think that the set with DD can do a lot of damage to the opposing cores.
With the Chansey synergy, able to paralyze the other scarfer with a single boost you can sweep in endgame.
Ice Punch is for hitting Zapdos, Gliscor, Garchomp and Landorus.
I prefer Fire Punch over Ferrothorn and hit Celesteela.
Stone Edge is the strongest and most destructive stab on physical defenders like Clefable and Slowbro.

(evs spread)
Uneed 36 evs in Spped to outsped Reuniclus!
You have no way to counteract the set CM+IronD, btw if have only CM is a possibility that could hit TTar with Focus Blast !

New Threats:

Wallbreakers >>> Being an offensive balance with a decidedly passive defensive core, it can be inconvenient to have against things like
, 786.png164253,
, 461.png and 646-b.png.

497.png >>> there are no measures available to lure/bait Sub-Serperior.

Conclusion:

I state that it is not in my playstyle to build with sets of the kind on Clef (I definitely prefer it as a supporter).
Anyway, I tried to fill the weaknesses that he presents in the current metagame, always considering a very solid approach, without over-naturalizing the playstyle you imposed on me.
Anyway, I also proposed a version with Tangro-Fini as the defensive core without inserting DD to Tyranitar.
The SECOND VERSION is more geared to your playstyle I think.

I hope I have been helpful.

Your Step​

Egor

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
StepC thanks for your feedback, I appreciate your efforts! However, I'm gonna disagree with your Chansey suggestion. My team is pretty offensive and isn't too fast actually, so Chansey is a complete momentum suck for me. My team'll have troubles with taking momentum back because of lack of speed and revenge killers. Yeah Chansey sponges a lot of moves, but I still think that Chansey shouldn't be used outside of stall.
Also imo your DD M-Tyranitar suggestion looks kinda weird. I see that you try to give my team more chances on sweep but DD M-Tyranitar requires some specific support and can't just be slapped on teams.

I hope you'll understand me correctly and find my comments helpful for your further teambuilding!

Last edited:
StepC thanks for your feedback, I appreciate your efforts! However, I'm gonna disagree with your Chansey suggestion. My team is pretty offensive and isn't too fast actually, so Chansey is a complete momentum suck for me. My team'll have troubles with yaking momentum back because of lack of speed and revenge killers. Yeah Chansey sponges a lot of moves, but I still think that Chansey shouldn't be used outside of stall.
Also imo your DD M-Tyranitar suggestion looks kinda weird. I see that you try to give my team more chances on sweep but DD M-Tyranitar requires some specific support and can't just be slapped on teams.

I hope you'll understand me correctly and find my comments helpful for your further teambuilding!
There are 2 version for escape that sub kyu destroyed your team.
Chansey is used over the stall in bo teams.
However ty for the criticism.

Alright, like promised, here is your rate. It probably won't be even as close to as great as Lyd's amazing rates, but I hope to come near. Lets-a go!

Major Changes

-->

Tapu Fini gives the team a consistent-non choiced defogger, relieving Landorus to run another move over Defog. Tapu Fini also helps the stall MU, as well as helps check Heatran and Ash Greninja's Dark Pulse.

-->

Heatran gives you a mildly bulky steel type, a stealth rocker in place of Tyranitar, as well as a boost to your stall MU. Still works as a flying resist, however, losing your leftovers sucks, so knock off torn is still annoying. Heatran also helps with Mega Mawile.

-->

While Tangrowth is nice here for Garchomp, Landorus, etc. but you still have your own Landorus to check these. Amoongus gives you a soft check to Magearna, Mega Mawile, Tapu Bulu, Kartana, and still acts as a water resist to check Ash Greninja, letting off some of the pressure off of Tapu Fini. Spore and Stun Spore give huge support to Kartana, as paralyzing things such as Tornadus-Therian or putting things like Scarf Landorus to sleep.

Minor Changes

- Hp Fire/Defog --> Punishment/Stone Edge

With Amoongus checking Kartana, and Tapu Fini carrying Defog, Stone Edge punishes Flying Types such as Tornadus-Therian and Zapdos. Punishment is something I actually learned about today on PS! in the Trainer Academy room, courtesy of curiosity. Punishment nails a boosted Mega Latias, as well as other things like Reuniclus and Mega Alakazam, which the team doesn't like at all.

Importable and final thoughts

Life Orb Clefable is always cool to see, as well as it showing through someone as cool as you Egor. I really enjoy talking to you and seeing what you do on here, and I really enjoyed toying with this team. Click the sprites below and I hope you enjoy the changes!

Egor

RoAPL Champion
Sickist I appreciate your efforts, thanks man! Punishment Lando is a really interesting tech that helps vs Reuni and M-Latias. At the cost of ZNormal Kart matchup, unfortunately. It's still outplayable, though. Btw I like your rates, and this one isn't an exception. Thank you again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)