BH Balanced Hackmons

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Can we discuss Mind Blown?
Pros:
150 bp is high.
Fire typing is neat.
100% accuracy is something to write home about.

Cons:
Fixed recoil that 2hkoes you.
8 pp is low.
Flash fire exists.
AV users makes you scratch your head.
Competition from V-create.
No viable STAB user.

The best user will be magic guard diancie (probably, but show me otherwise if you can). But how much good can it be?
Not much really.
(the calcs says blue flare but it really is mind blown)
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 206-244 (56.5 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Solgaleo: 218-258 (45.6 - 53.9%) -- 46.5% chance to 2HKO
(itself, in case of imposter)
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Diancie-Mega: 47-56 (6.6 - 7.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever

But hey we are using mguard so maybe life orb?
Nothing changes significantly sorry.
The good news is if you shell smash, they can be overwhelmed. You can lower your def/spdef and with head smash/light of ruin after said smash you have chances of OHKO the imposter with stab.
+2 252 Atk Diancie-Mega Head Smash vs. -1 252 HP / 0- Def Eviolite Diancie-Mega: 670-790 (95.1 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Diancie-Mega Light of Ruin vs. -1 252 HP / 0- SpD Eviolite Diancie-Mega: 627-738 (89 - 104.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Fire, Fairy and Rock covers everything but Flash Fire users.
Unaware can't stall you because you walk around with 140 (or more) bp moves anyway. You happen to be a fairy too so you can avoid core enforcer (you really want m guard on).

Sooooooooo.....

Sample set?
Diancie-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 SpD
- Mind Blown
- Head Smash
- Light of Ruin
- Shell Smash

After a smash you outspeed everything, the things you force out don't care about your speed so you can totally go with +spa nature.
Smash as they switch out and kill the switchin. Smash in the face of the imposter (even a scarf one) and kill it. You are guaranteed a 1 turn setup (unless mold breaker or multi hit SE moves) because of sash + no residual damage. Imposterproof with ff steels, speedties and rng that makes them miss the moves.

I heard you saying: mind blown outside of that?

mmy I guess?
252 SpA Choice Specs Mewtwo-Mega-Y Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Solgaleo: 566-668 (118.4 - 139.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
same goes for regi.
If they are AV or FF they live the hit, if you fire another mind blown you die. grassy surge lets you avoid that
Adaptability, Sheer Force, Drought, Desolate Land, etc. Blue Flare is usually better than Magic Guard Mind Blown, at least in Base power (plus the burn chance). I do see it as a new option to Pokémon that would already use Magic Guard, like the M-Diancie set, but I think if you want to avoid recoil, with a high powered Fire move, you could just do the following:

Blue Flare @ Life Orb and Sheer Force.

You lose the burn chance, and you are susceptible to hazards, but you hit harder at 169 Base power, and you can build a moveset around Sheer Force, rather than build an ability, and moveset around Mind Blown.

As for Mind Blown:
I guess the odd Magic Guard Charizard-Mega-Y, as it would be a useful move on any possible Magic Guard variants. Although I can’t say I ran into any.

What are people's thoughts on this set?

Kyogre-Primal @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Core Enforcer
- Scald/U-turn
- Trick
- Shore Up

This set can outslow all defensive pivots while also having the capability to cripple a sweeper/wallbreaker. This set pairs very well with Imposter, because the imposter doesn't have to worry about speed ties. U-turn allows for pivoting, but scald can be used for burns and strong stab. I prefer not using U-turn because if kyogre is impostered, I can trap and kill it with team support.

Obviously, this set is not exclusive to kyogre. It probably works very well with registeel, giratina, etc.
I like the concept but for the Lagging Tail set, would Dialga be more suitable?
It not only gets STAB off Core Enforcer, but has STAB Steel moves to scare off Fairy types that are immune to Core Enforcer, plus it has an arguably better Defensive typing in Steel/Dragon which resists more, which is important for U-Turn pivoting since you are taking a hit.

Dialga @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Magic Bounce / Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 0 Spe
IVs : 0 Speed
Brave or Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief / Sunsteel Strike/ Trick
- Shore Up

Immunity to Toxic (Spikes), Sandstream, resistance to Stealth Rock, and not hit super effectively by its own STAB like most Dragons.

I may be wrong, but I just thought it might be a suitable option. Some calcs with Adaptability:
252 SpA Adaptability Dialga Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zygarde-Complete: 360-428 (56.6 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Adaptability Dialga Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Giratina: 340-400 (67.4 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Adaptability Dialga Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Audino-Mega: 252-300 (61.4 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Adaptability Dialga Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 248-292 (61.3 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Adaptability Dialga Core Enforcer vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Kyurem-Black: 412-488 (90.7 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO (100% after STEALTH ROCK)

Last edited:
As I have stated before, Creativity is something I'd like to see in BH/AAA. And a new ability in USM has awoken a new set for BH...

Deoxys-Attack @ Power Herb
Ability: Neuroforce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Psystrike
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

First, let me read what Neuroforce does...
"This Pokemon's attacks that are super effective against the target do 1.2x damage"
That comes straight from Showdown. So when we do the calculations, with Deoxys-A with a timid nature, max special attack and a geomancy up, equals an 1102 Special Attack (rounded up from 1101.6). that's an OHKO against a Chansey Imposter.

Let your imagination run wild in BH. There are no bad Ideas until you battle and fix them, then they're even better ideas.

Doing all of that to OHKO Imposter Chansey with Deo-A is hardly necessary.

252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 1076-1266 (152.8 - 179.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This is Chansey Impostered into Deo-A. No set-up, items, or abilities required here, and you can use Focus Sash to ensure you don't lose if you lose the speed tie. Deo-A has 0 defensive EVs and IVs to pull this off. Which, really doesn't hurt its survivability anyway considering friggin' Weedle can OHKO full invested Deo-A without any boosts.

252 Atk Weedle Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Deoxys-Attack: 314-372 (103.2 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Neuroforce might have a niche somewhere, but it probably has the same issues as Expert Belt into why its a rare item in BH. Especially with Imposters who'll mow you down in return if you put perfect coverage on an attacker.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
As I have stated before, Creativity is something I'd like to see in BH/AAA. And a new ability in USM has awoken a new set for BH...

Deoxys-Attack @ Power Herb
Ability: Neuroforce
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Psystrike
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

First, let me read what Neuroforce does...
"This Pokemon's attacks that are super effective against the target do 1.2x damage"
That comes straight from Showdown. So when we do the calculations, with Deoxys-A with a timid nature, max special attack and a geomancy up, equals an 1102 Special Attack (rounded up from 1101.6). that's an OHKO against a Chansey Imposter.

Let your imagination run wild in BH. There are no bad Ideas until you battle and fix them, then they're even better ideas.
i hate to be "that guy" but as a person who whole heartedly LOVES creativity in bh, (i mean, im literally the guy who made a viable bh teams utilizing xatu, trainer Red's team and giovanni's team...three times and challenged and beat some great BH players at the time) there is such a thing is "too much creativity". deoxys attack can literally do the same thing with a neutral effective move and focus sash, and not have to risk the speed tie in order to beat chans. for example, a set i love to use is contrary special attacking deoxys attack. which does what this set does better, more reliably, more consistantly, and with fewer ways to rkill it with sash and protect. and is easy as hell to stop if you somehow end up with horrible luck.

i promote creativity in bh. but make sure what your doing not only works, but isn't outright done better by other things.

and yeah, neuroforce is unfortunately one of those abilities that competes with way too much to be worth using. tinted lens helps with resists, adapt helps with stab, ates give powerful stab moves to abuse. and sheer force/tough claws help with special/physical mons for the most part. neuroforce's niche conflicts with at LEAST two of these. and even though dealing more damage on super effective moves is cool and all, but its not worth the trouble. considering most moves are boosted by sheer force/tough claws and psystrikers prefer psychic terrain to nuke with their stab over hitting harder with coverage. doesn't help that you HAVE to hit super effectively to reap the benefits. unlike the others. sorry for being a negative nancy about this set. if it works for you, and you like it, go for it. im not telling you to change it. just expressing my opinion/further elaborating on rumors'.

that last line is true tho. there are no "bad sets" just outclassed/unpolished ones. which means you need to find a way to make it unique. regenvest registeel wouldn't have been a thing last gen if i didnt see adrian try to deal with specs ray with regenvest aegislash and just miss out on tanking it lmao. it became one of regi's best sets specifically for tanking specs ray. i mean hell, id consider your set worth using if you just went sash with shell smash, and replaced focus blast with secret sword. that way neuroforce wouldnt be outclassed by sheer force, adapt, or tinted.(but again, wont tell ya what to do :P )

Last edited:
News for BH:
The latest Battle Mechanics tests have found that Photon Geyser always ignores abilities, and it hits physical defence whenever it uses attack (so it wholly switches between being a physical attack and a special one--it doesn't always hit the opponent's special defence).

Sounds like MM2Y can always dunk on Sturdinja now (at the cost of losing another moveslot should it want to use Psystrike).

On another note, is Ultra Necrozma's only niche its ability to use Light That Burns The Sky? For a Z-move, its being able to ignore abilities is pretty good (so they can't just throw Sturdinja in the way, and if it's physical, no Fur Coats are mitigating it), but 200 BP is still nothing to write home about Z-move-wise.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
so can i just ask what the hype with ultra necrozma in bh is? it has a meh speed tier, its dragon typing is a hindrance in a tier swarmed with core enforcers, steels, and faries. its typing doesnt give it an edge over the other two psychic titans, both of which sport massively higher attack/special attack, a speed tier thats relevant, and a opposing attack stat that is only 16 less then necro.

mm2x literally does everything necro does but outright better. it 2hkos tina, steels, its significantly bulkier, and its able to tie with opposing mm2x's and gengars. sure mixed necrozma is cute and all, but what does it DO thats worth using over mm2x/y? because as i see it, its just a worse mm2x/y and heck, even deoxys-a. its dragon typing doesnt help it at all. especially now that mm2x can reliably 2hko fc tina with its stab.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
so can i just ask what the hype with ultra necrozma in bh is? it has a meh speed tier, its dragon typing is a hindrance in a tier swarmed with core enforcers, steels, and faries. its typing doesnt give it an edge over the other two psychic titans, both of which sport massively higher attack/special attack, a speed tier thats relevant, and a opposing attack stat that is only 16 less then necro.

mm2x literally does everything necro does but outright better. it 2hkos tina, steels, its significantly bulkier, and its able to tie with opposing mm2x's and gengars. sure mixed necrozma is cute and all, but what does it DO thats worth using over mm2x/y? because as i see it, its just a worse mm2x/y and heck, even deoxys-a. its dragon typing doesnt help it at all. especially now that mm2x can reliably 2hko fc tina with its stab.
While the Mega Mewtwos are obviously better in most aspects, I have grown fond of Contrary Ultra-Necro sets since the extra Dragon stab is nice I'm breaking down some common Psychic Checks like Mega Gyara and Yvetal, remiscient of Soul Dew Mega Lati in ORAS (but less potent imo).

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
i was originally going to post about how contrary is technically done better by mega latios due to its higher bulk/hitting the same mons with the exception of contrary mega ray, but i didnt realise necro got 97/97/97 meaning only mega latios' special defense is higher. so ye. your right. contrary ultra necro is a niche worth using.

plus theres the obvious mixed v-creates and superpowers to take into account.

Yoo,

I want to share a cool Mega Bannete set I enjoy to use. Pretty similar to the Mega Gengar Judgment Quiver sets, but physical with Multi attack and Shift Gear instead. The pro of this set is, that it has less weaknesses than Gengar, because the mon is mono type. Imposter cannot counter this set, because Bannete is immune to Multi Attack + Drain Punch (or any other normal / fighting move instead).

Banette-Mega @ Ghost Memory
Ability: Comatose
Adamant Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Drain Punch
- Shore Up
- Shift Gear

Have fun if you like it :)

News for BH:
The latest Battle Mechanics tests have found that Photon Geyser always ignores abilities,
Great, just what we need, more reliable options that make abilities irrelevant. >.>

Yoo,

I want to share a cool Mega Bannete set I enjoy to use. Pretty similar to the Mega Gengar Judgment Quiver sets, but physical with Multi attack and Shift Gear instead. The pro of this set is, that it has less weaknesses than Gengar, because the mon is mono type. Imposter cannot counter this set, because Bannete is immune to Multi Attack + Drain Punch (or any other normal / fighting move instead).

Banette-Mega @ Ghost Memory
Ability: Comatose
Adamant Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Drain Punch
- Shore Up
- Shift Gear

Have fun if you like it :)

Three issues on this set stand out to me right away.

1. Banette is slow. Certain fast Pokemon, such as fast Scarfers or just Deo-S, outspeed a +2 Banette.

2. Banette has really bad bulk. This makes set-up difficult and Shore Up a little bit out of place. This is particularly problematic as Spectral Thief does a lot of damage to the set and cancels the set-up. Giratina in particular 2HKOs, who is something you'd want Banette to force out to set-up.

3. There's a lack of power in the set. Giratina, again, can check at +1 and counter with Spectral Thief and OHKO or Knock Off the Memory and become a hard counter in the process. Fur Coat Giratina is even worse, as it can check +5 Banette 95.7% of the time to steal the boosts (assuming +def nature, neutral is about ~38% of the time at +5), remove the item, or whatever else. And I point out Giratina again because its something Banette should be beating. Gengar gets away with its Ghost/Fighting coverage because its fast, hits hard with Judgement, and frequently carries Normalize Entrainment/Skill Swap to stop Knock Off shennanigans or is quick enough to status the opponent to create safe opportunities.

Off hand, I'd say replace Shore Up and maybe swap Shift Gear for Shell Smash if you want to keep Comatose.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Great, just what we need, more reliable options that make abilities irrelevant. >.>
not just ANY reliable option. one thats boosted by psychic terrain that BOTH offensive titans LOVE to have. because mm2 x and y werent meta enough right. now mm2x can literally 2hko the meta and is immune to priority.

I heard someone say something about creative sets so I thought I might come up with something new
Rayquaza-Mega @ Expert Belt
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Close Combat / Sunsteel Strike
- Filler

This set allows Mega Rayquaza to Ohko Giratina with draco meteor and steels with V-create. The other two moves can be whatever you want really, Close combat for flash fire steels and mgyara or sunsteel for fairies. You'll have to be careful not to lose you expert belt if you want to OHKO Giratina from full though

MAMP

MAMP!
I heard someone say something about creative sets so I thought I might come up with something new
Rayquaza-Mega @ Expert Belt
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Close Combat / Sunsteel Strike
- Filler

This set allows Mega Rayquaza to Ohko Giratina with draco meteor and steels with V-create. The other two moves can be whatever you want really, Close combat for flash fire steels and mgyara or sunsteel for fairies. You'll have to be careful not to lose you expert belt if you want to OHKO Giratina from full though
Adaptability Mega Rayquaza is a lot of fun, but i think this set is a bit subpar. I prefer this:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Clanging Scales
- V-create
- Shell Smash / Sunsteel Strike / Close Combat

Clanging Scales doesn't suffer from Draco Meteor's huge drawback and still OHKOs Giratina and Zygarde-C with the Life Orb. Dragon Ascent is really important to have; it does like 70-80% to Audino and even has a chance to OHKO POgre, it's absurdly strong. Life Orb is a lot better than Expert Belt on this set overall because you really want the extra power on neutral hits, makes this way harder to switch into.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
For fun:
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Conversion
- Shell Smash
- Electrify

Change your type, Boost, turn Moongeist Beam, Sunsteel Strike, and Photon Geyser into turn something Shedinja can be immune to with Electrify. Same goes for Spectral Thief, Core Enforcer, Dragon Tail, Poison Fang (M-Audino), Inferno/Sacred Fire, Infestation, Steam Eruption and all of Shedinja’s secondary effect counters etc.

Electrify also bypasses Judgement Plate and Memory Disks, and Revelation dance which are typical workarounds for Normalize Gengar.

Shedinja is also Imposter proof because Imposter cannot bypass Sturdy, letting you set up.

Focus Sash can be replaced by Safety Goggles, but I find that as soon as Shedinja is out they switch to their anti-ability Attack, which allows Shedinja to Shell Smash in their face with Focus Sash

Using Electrify on Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, Leech Seed, etc. makes them nullified. (If only Normalize Toxic did the same for Ghosts). Thousand Arrows gains STAB and literally hits everything, which can add up with Shell Smash.

Haze Prankster, Entrainment, Heart Swap, etc. stop it. 392 Speed after Shell Smash means that it can outspeed most foe’s, but not all...

The #1 thing to remember is to use Sticky Webs for things like MMY which is faster than Shedinja even after Shell Smash. The flying types Immune to Sticky Webs are basically slower than Shedinja after a Shell Smash (Yvetyl, etc). With the sole exception being the uncommon M-Aerodactyl, which I don’t believe carries Sunsteel Strike or Photo Geyser...
and also while I love this as a fun set, check out below for a real deal set:
Also I love using this set for serious strategic play:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Illusion
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Dragon Tail
- Knock-Off
- Shore Up

I typically lead with this set and feign Shedinja, which attracts Moongeist Beam, Sunsteel Strike, and Photon Geyser, which Gyarados-Mega has no problem with. On first use, it is Imposterproof thanks to Mega Evolution mechanics, and Knock Off removes Eviolite from Chansey while Gyarados resists and won’t lose its item from Imposter Knock Off.

Spikes is because it stays in long enough to set them, and Dragon Tail is for Normal sweepers that think an immunity to Spectral Thief is all they need.

Mold Breaker (post Mega Evolution) allows it to set up in front of Magic Bouncers, KO enemy Shedinja, and handle awkward things like Unaware users (in case you ever decide to Baton Pass to Gyarados-Mega- I do not, but it’s one more thing to consider for a team option - last resort sort of use).

Mega-Gyarados works great against Necromoza forms that think they can use Photon Geyser only to get hit by a STAB Super Effective Knock Off and lose their item, Dragon Tail allows for me to take a Draco Meteor from Contrary Necromoza’s Ultimate Form and force a switch once they suspect it isn’t Shedinja, building up Spikes Damage, and allowing me to hax to a non-threat to Gyarados so I can use Shore Up.

This Pokémon has won me many games because of its surprise, utility and and partnering with Shedinja to rack up hazards under the Illusion ability.

Also, Dragon Tail lets me move after the foe to avoid Core Enforcer negating Mold Breaker, and to avoid Destiny Bonders on the turn after they use Destiny Bond (moving later means they go first and cause Destiny Bond to wear off)

Last edited:
@above
The main problem with your set is that you still get outsped by plenty of mons even after smash (you hit 392 speed after smash, which is slower than anything with base 130) and even with 2 smashes you get outsped by scarf 130. So you can still get easily killed by Moongeist or Sunsteel or Photon even with a sash.
Also consider Circle Throw on Gyara to hit stuff like Maudino and stuff
Rash nature??

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
@above
The main problem with your set is that you still get outsped by plenty of mons even after smash (you hit 392 speed after smash, which is slower than anything with base 130) and even with 2 smashes you get outsped by scarf 130. So you can still get easily killed by Moongeist or Sunsteel or Photon even with a sash.
Also consider Circle Throw on Gyara to hit stuff like Maudino and stuff
Rash nature??
Thank you for your feedback.
In my Shedinja post, I suggested having Sticky Webs, so it won’t be outspeed by Base 130s or more, except Mega-Aerodactyl which is a Flying Type.

Electrify prevents Photon Geyser from working, as if Shedinja was a Dark Type, after Conversion.

I don’t use Circle Throw because once Illusion wears off (after switching out and back in), Imposter can use a Super Effective Circle Throw. Also, I want to be able to hit Giratina which likes to come in and stall with Poison Heal and a Protect variant (Knock Off is only strong on the first hit).

Otherwise Giratina would Wall Gyarados. M-Audino is a problem, but they typically pack Poison Fang and Core Enforcer (on Magic Bounce sets, which negates Mold Breaker), so I switch it out. Yeah, I guess I could use a Circle Throw, but I like hitting Dragons like Necromoza and Rayquaza for good Damage on their switch out.

I fixed the Nature so it is a Careful Nature now. Thank you!

Last edited:
This is my first team created and so far... its been great! I'm on a winning streak of 10. I started by using Chansey first because you'll find out one of the opponent's pokemon's playstyle. Thus, use the opponents movepool to strike upon the pokemon. Then switch out to another pokemon if you wish. If your chansey is fighting the opponents' chansey, you can use psystrike to kill. its item is also interchangeable for choice scarf.

If not, you can go for deoxys-defense first or scizor-mega. Deoxys-defense is there to help you set up the battlefield as well as taking a couple of hits. deitch it out whenever you feel safe to do so once it has finished laying its traps.

Scizor will set up tailwind so that there will be a speed advantage. it is also quite bulky so don't worry about sp attackers and physical attackers. Fire attacks wont work well since it has primordial sea. feel free to switch lunge into another move like waterfall, liquidation or crabhammer.

Deoxys-speed is quite self explanatory. however, choose either to have magma storm, topsy turvy or heart swap. there is a focus sash for a reason. magma storm is there to provide more offense. Topsy turvy and heart swap is for making players regret to choose contrary. Topsy Turvy is quite safe since they can't regain all the boosts they've produced through spectral thief. instead, all of their stats went completely downhill. however, beware of heart swap users because it could flip it back to you. heart swap allows your deoxys to swap stats with your target's stats. Thus, if it is an overbuffed contrary pokemon, you get to steal it and leave them in despair but you dont deal damage like spectral thief. however, it works on normal types, YAYYYY!

Mewtwo Y, i have no idea why i made it so LuL. that slot is open to whatever pokemon you want to replace it with. the reason why i have tinted eyes is to make not very effective moves into double the damage. the moves are pretty much self explanatory because photon geyser and psystrike is for the STAB. spiky shield is to deal damage to the physical attacker. moonblast is for the dark types and dragon types.

Drapion has Psychic Surge because it is to keep away the pesky priority moves. it is also a fantastic bulky fighter and psychic types cant really do anything to it, except for the move, miracle eye... Photon geyser is a cool ability since it uses the highest attacking stat out the two, plus the power is increased because of psychic terrain. darkest lariat and gunk shot for the STAB. magnet rise is to help it become immune from ground types but this move can be changed to another move thats great against ground types eg grass, ice and water.

Scizor-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Primordial Sea
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike
- Lunge
- Tailwind

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Hasty Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Inferno
- Dynamic Punch
- Magma Storm / Topsy-Turvy / Heart Swap

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Spiky Shield
- Roost

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Naive Nature
- Psystrike
- Spiky Shield
- Final Gambit
- Destiny Bond

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ BrightPowder
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Photon Geyser
- Spiky Shield
- Moonblast

Drapion @ Leftovers
Ability: Psychic Surge
Lonely Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Photon Geyser
- Darkest Lariat
- Gunk Shot

I hope that you will be able to climb the ladder with this team and become the top player.

This is my first team created and so far... its been great! I'm on a winning streak of 10. I started by using Chansey first because you'll find out one of the opponent's pokemon's playstyle. Thus, use the opponents movepool to strike upon the pokemon. Then switch out to another pokemon if you wish. If your chansey is fighting the opponents' chansey, you can use psystrike to kill. its item is also interchangeable for choice scarf.

If not, you can go for deoxys-defense first or scizor-mega. Deoxys-defense is there to help you set up the battlefield as well as taking a couple of hits. deitch it out whenever you feel safe to do so once it has finished laying its traps.

Scizor will set up tailwind so that there will be a speed advantage. it is also quite bulky so don't worry about sp attackers and physical attackers. Fire attacks wont work well since it has primordial sea. feel free to switch lunge into another move like waterfall, liquidation or crabhammer.

Deoxys-speed is quite self explanatory. however, choose either to have magma storm, topsy turvy or heart swap. there is a focus sash for a reason. magma storm is there to provide more offense. Topsy turvy and heart swap is for making players regret to choose contrary. Topsy Turvy is quite safe since they can't regain all the boosts they've produced through spectral thief. instead, all of their stats went completely downhill. however, beware of heart swap users because it could flip it back to you. heart swap allows your deoxys to swap stats with your target's stats. Thus, if it is an overbuffed contrary pokemon, you get to steal it and leave them in despair but you dont deal damage like spectral thief. however, it works on normal types, YAYYYY!

Mewtwo Y, i have no idea why i made it so LuL. that slot is open to whatever pokemon you want to replace it with. the reason why i have tinted eyes is to make not very effective moves into double the damage. the moves are pretty much self explanatory because photon geyser and psystrike is for the STAB. spiky shield is to deal damage to the physical attacker. moonblast is for the dark types and dragon types.

Drapion has Psychic Surge because it is to keep away the pesky priority moves. it is also a fantastic bulky fighter and psychic types cant really do anything to it, except for the move, miracle eye... Photon geyser is a cool ability since it uses the highest attacking stat out the two, plus the power is increased because of psychic terrain. darkest lariat and gunk shot for the STAB. magnet rise is to help it become immune from ground types but this move can be changed to another move thats great against ground types eg grass, ice and water.

Scizor-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Primordial Sea
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike
- Lunge
- Tailwind

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Hasty Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Inferno
- Dynamic Punch
- Magma Storm / Topsy-Turvy / Heart Swap

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Spiky Shield
- Roost

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Naive Nature
- Psystrike
- Spiky Shield
- Final Gambit
- Destiny Bond

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ BrightPowder
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Photon Geyser
- Spiky Shield
- Moonblast

Drapion @ Leftovers
Lonely Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Photon Geyser
- Darkest Lariat
- Gunk Shot
No offense but I think your team needs a LOT of work, but that's ok it seems you're fairly new so with practice it'll be easier. For now I'd recommend using RMTs or sample teams (can be found here) since these are made by experienced players and it should help you get higher in the ladder to face stronger opponents.

If you are going to continue with this team I'd suggest a few improvements/changes which will be food for thought even if you don't use the team or w/e.

Scizor is not bad but if you don't have any water type moves I would recommend Flash Fire so you don't make opposing water types stronger. Since you're allowed to use any mon you want there are also many other steel types that can do a similar thing but have different typing/better stats. For example:
Solgaleo @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 188 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
- Shore Up

Very similar set to your Scizor but Solgaleo has all round better stats and the 4* resist to Psychic is really useful against Mewtwo Mega-Y (MMY).

For your Deoxys Speed if you want to run No Guard I'd say you should use something with better offensive stats such as MMY, Pheromosa, basically fast things with good special attack. Personally I think the only use of Deoxys Speed is a suicide lead to set entry hazards (stealth rock etc).

DO NOT USE DEOXYS DEFENSE!
Cresselia is a better psychic type and there are other pokemon with better defensive typing. Just becuase something has "Defense" in its name does not necessarily mean it is bulky. For defensive pokemon the three I would generally say to consider first as a rule of thumb are Giratina, Audino-Mega and Registeel, although obviously there are many others that are also perfectly good (for example the Solgaleo I posted above).

Imposter Chansey is an amazing set (as I'm sure you've noticed) but the moveset should be tweaked a little:
Chansey @ Eviolite / Choice Scarf
Happiness: 122
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 131 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spikes / Anchor Shot (/ Trick if you have choice scarf)
- Soft-Boiled
- Metal Burst
- Fake Out
There are variations on this but most will be very similar.

Tinted Lens MMY is not a bad set, but you might want to consider using Choice Specs or Life Orb to boost damage. Also Moongeist Beam is a great move for it to hit Psychic types and to kill Sturdy Shedinja (but you have Photon Geyser anyway for that).

If you really want a Poison Dark type use Alolan Muk, but it is in general outclassed by other things and Unaware/Regenerator are definitely better abilities for it.

Just some general advice, you probably already know a lot of it:
I'd recommend bringing a Prankster user with Haze so you don't lose 6-0 to Shell Smash.
Imposter Proof your pokemon, this means for EVERY SINGLE MON you should beat imposter itself or have a team mate that beats its imposter that you can switch to. Just think, if there is a single pokemon whose copy you cannot beat then you lose that game - not worth the risk imo.
Having something that can beat Normalise Entrainment Mega Gengar is a must (eg Magic Bounce bulky mon with Knock Off).
Having Defog/Rapid Spin on one of your defensive mons is almost always required.
If you go here there is a list of what different sets are good to use on some pokemon (although it doesn't have everything) and here is a rough guide of what pokemon you should consider using.

As I said, I would highly recommend trying out, or just looking at, some of the sample teams to see how experienced players make teams. RMTs are also good as they usually explain the teambuilding choices which gives you some insight.
Sorry if my advice wasn't exhaustive, I thought it would be much better to show you where to find the stuff you need rather than help with one particular team.

I hope that you will be able to climb the ladder with this team and become the top player.
Over my cold dead body :]

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
i was reading this thread recently and i was like man what do we even do here anymore besides help people who have more to say than we do? so here's something that i made, hope you guys like it

~★ ULTRA SUPER MEGA BAD PLAYSTYLE GUIDE ★~

hi today i'm going to be talking about each individual playstyle in bh. please note that i won't be covering shedinja teams (which you might see as their own archetype) because i haven't tested them as extensively and i'm too lazy to. ask lcass or someone ig

first off we got balance.

for balance, momentum is the name of the game. unlike hyper offense, balance runs slow mons designated to get breakers/sweepers in for free. the assumption is that with good playing, the breaker or sweeper will eventually get enough opportunities to win the game.

most balance teams i've built consist of a simple "breaker+sweeper+imposter proofer+imposter+2 mons to fill out the defensive side" model. this method doesn't usually produce an outstanding team from scratch: most teams on the ladder are balance teams that have been fixed up at least a little bit, so your brand new team is at a disadvantage in that regard. a good set concept and a bit of tweaking can fix that though

good mons to use on your balance team:

imposter chansey

i'd argue that imposter is the most valuable mon on your defensive core. this is because of the amount of threatening mons it checks, like -ate, contrary, specs mmy, and so on. scarf is usable, but on balance teams i honestly prefer eviolite: it's much better for consistently switching in, and it gets momentum more easily.

ph regi

ph regi isn't on the level of imposter in how mandatory/good it is, but it's such an incredible mon. its stall matchup is stupidly good because it can pp stall worry seed and stuff, and it poses a huge threat to offense once set up because of spore. you need stuff like a core enforcer switchin and a breaker to pressure its counters (like mega diancie), but that's pretty much it.

heat sets on your breakers

man you can't just bring a standard specs ray + specs mmy + regen vest solgaleo core and expect to win. that stuff doesn't work, everyone above 1500 has counters for it. on the other hand mons like cb steelworker mega lucario (and cb mmx because no one still has counters for that yet somehow lol) are less good on their own, but people are less likely to prepare for them. the only downside is that sometimes you have to run weird imposter proofers.

≤base 50 speed mons

don't add these mons if they don't fit on your team, but i think that slow pivots are some of the most valuable mons to have on balance. not only are they pretty good walls in their own right (ph diancie counters specs ray save for earth power [edit: boomburst does 40% without specs, my life is a lie], audino does well against normalize gengar, all of them [if fc audino] are really good against ph regi) but they can also get in your offensive bois for free. because of this i think they're very nice to have

prankster and hazard removal

prankster haze is mandatory on balance in my opinion because i've personally found unaware to be a really unreliable solution to aps, and imposter can get worn down over the course of the game. prankster is also much better for momentum, because if you glare them then all of a sudden your breaker is the one threatening them out.

hazard removal is needed because if you don't have it, all of a sudden your offensive mons are on a timer and your defensive mons start losing rolls. no, rapid spin solgaleo does not count as hazard removal.

counters for common dudes

finally, make sure your team doesn't get steamrolled by anything popular. if it does then it can still be successful but matchup losses suck. make sure to go down the vr and check that you have counterplay to all the s and a rank mons. imposter proofing in particular is something you really want

sample balance team:
Sceptile-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Magma Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Encore

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Moongeist Beam
- Volt Switch

Arceus-Psychic @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Milk Drink
- Glare
- Circle Throw
- Spectral Thief

Chansey @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Final Gambit
- Shore Up

Celesteela @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Circle Throw
- Roost
- Glare

Diancie @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Level: 97
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Worry Seed
- Heal Order

specs mmy might not break teams by itself, but in forcing anything besides regenvest/dark types to recover it gives setup opportunities to this awesome sceptile set. knock off prevents regenvest steels from checking sceptile by living +2 magma storm. as for the defensive core, celesteela is a pretty reliable blanket check to most mons while arceus imposter proofs sceptile and diancie handles most ph.

but you probably know most of that stuff already. let's move on to a less used playstyle: hyper offense.

with hyper offense, the goal is to deny your opponent any safe plays. say you have mmy against a giratina. they want to switch to imposter/gyara/prankster registeel? blow them away with illusion mmx close combat. they're staying in? specs psycho boost will make them regret that decision. they want to sack another mon? shell smash on the switch and sweep their team.

a good hyper offense team is all about having lots of options. you want to have a way out when your opponent has threatening sweepers, like shell smash users and ph regi. momentum is huge on hyper offense because the more you can get the right mon in, the better shot you have at winning.

balancing breaking and sweeping

this is one of the hardest things to do with an offense team. too many breakers and your offense matchup gets worse. your opponent can also just switch around without fear (and imposter proofing is obscenely hard). on the other hand, you've probably seen a team with too many sweepers—you can just win by spamming spectral thief (and hazing the normal type). you might be able to steal a win or two with a team like this, but once your opponent knows what to expect, you're pretty much out of luck.

good mons to use on your hyper offense team:

mega mewtwo y

this guy is probably the best mon on offense. in addition to its high speed and special attack, it has such amazing versatility that it actually just has no switchins. contrary and sheer force have barely any counters individually, let alone between the two of them. psychic surge can be aps or specs. the only problem is imposter but a way to stop it from winning is to just use deoxys a instead ez

prankster destiny bond

watatatata knows what's up. prankster destiny bond is really the best way to take out threatening guys with hyper offense because even if it doesn't work, you still have momentum. kartana is my preferred mon for this because it's immune to spore, but use whatever fits your team man.

illusion

illusion is very good. eliminating an important mon early on can spell doom for your opponent, and the ability to pick off imposter is incredible especially vs stall. needing to keep it healthy kinda sucks but using hyper offense means living on the edge

sleep

the perfect ladder tactic. use this and no one will ever want to face you again!

drummers

belly drum users are some of my favorite sweepers because save for prankster haze and some resistant mons depending on set they can beat anything, and they automatically imposter proof themselves. make sure your drummer has some offensive presence though because spectral thief is no fun

prankster taunt

prankster taunt is a very underrated strategy i think. for most balance teams, imposter + prankster are their setup checks so if you beat imposter, you can just taunt their prankster and prevent destiny bond and win. the prankster taunt user on the team i have isn't imposter proof but i could see something like draco plate shell smash prankster taunt reshiram being truly incredible.

sample offense team:
Pheromosa @ Choice Band
Ability: Illusion
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Switcheroo
- V-create

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Moongeist Beam
- Magma Storm
- Trick

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Earth Power

Kartana @ Eject Button
Jolly Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Sunsteel Strike
- Shell Smash
- Stealth Rock

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Shell Smash
- Power Trip
- Sunsteel Strike

Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Heal Order
- Circle Throw
- U-turn
in my opinion this is a pretty vanilla hyper offense team. the double mmy core + pheromosa does well against most fat cores, and regigigas is a late game sweeper imposter proofed by mega gyarados. sheer force mmy is shakily imposter proofed by kartana but once they know of pheromosa it's doubtful that they're just gonna go to imposter on mmy

now let's move on to stall. first off i don't think lots of this stuff is known so let me share my findings:

stall is far and away the best playstyle for the ladder from what i've found. 70% of ladder players simply don't have the tools to break it on their team, and even if they do you can kinda play around them. this is part of how morogrim got to 2000.

there's no tilt when you play stall. even if the guy is a jerk and they beat you (which sucks) you can load up another game and play the worst you ever have and still win because they have nothing for stall.

on the other hand, stall actually takes a lot of skill to use. if you make a bad play that decides the game, you still lose but just more slowly. at the same time i've seen people misplay their win condition against my stall team and lose a game they should've won. no one is experienced with fighting stall in bh because of how uncommon it is, so if you get some experience using it then you're going to have the upper hand.

good mons on stall:

imposter

i'd say this is 100% mandatory on every stall team. being able to find out your opponent's sets almost for free makes them so much easier to handle. scarf imposter is the better set because you shouldn't really need the bulk or the momentum, and personally i prefer blissey over chansey because you can outspeed and ohko based kanga with final gambit. ban kanga btw

non imposter chansey

this mon is very good on stall, but i don't think that it's mandatory. you probably know this mon for its fc sets, which handle guys like mega diancie and mmy, but personally i've found unaware to be more useful in walling special contrary users that come out of nowhere. both are viable; which one is better depends on your team.

magic bouncers

these guys are pretty cool because you don't have to click defog all the time with them around. sometimes your bouncer loses to their hazard setter which sucks, but lots of the hazard setters are really passive so you can just switch in and block off their options.

giratina

this is stupidly bulky and forms a kinda dumb core with chansey. physical attackers hate him

hard counter to ph regi and sleep in general

sleep screws up stall teams because it prevents you from clicking recover, so they can take your mon out of the game if they get a 3 turn sleep (which they will). if you don't have a bouncer that counters ph regi (or a bouncer at all) then you need some ph guy or something.

hazard removal

imagine running stall without defog or rapid spin lol

some way of winning

this is pretty important. the first time i tried to build stall (first team in the huge team dump), all i ended up with was a bunch of fat mons that just sat around and waited for the opponent to click x or win. hazard stacking is the strategy employed by morogrim's team and the one below, but there are other ways of winning against teams that don't just fold to imposter as well.

counters to big meta threats

think mmy, mmx, the usual suspects. stall is all about countering guys so make sure you got all your bases covered. make sure imposter doesn't just win by switching in and out; you can do that by stacking hazards and stuff

sample stall team:
Aged Dragon (Venusaur-Mega) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Flash Fire
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Anchor Shot
- Poison Fang
- Stealth Rock

Inflated Mat (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Spectral Thief
- Toxic Spikes
- Core Enforcer

Starlight Carnival (Magearna) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Shore Up
- Defog
- Spectral Thief
- Worry Seed

Fusion Material (Blissey) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Trick
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Great Protector (Giratina) @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Fur Coat
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Wish
- U-turn
- Baneful Bunker

Ocean Man (Gyarados-Mega) (M) @ Safety Goggles
Careful Nature
- Haze
- Pursuit
- Milk Drink
- Spectral Thief

this team peaked #1 on the ladder with a 70-9 record (10th loss was to ducky on a speed tie with the wolf pack team). it's kind of weak to cb mmx tho so you gotta play around that guy

basic point of the team is that venu + chansey get hazards up against pretty much every mon. unaware chansey + giratina is the basic defensive core, venu is used to counter pixilate mega diancie and absorb tspikes

see you guys later

Last edited:
Oh no, looks like Core Enforcer can't suppress abilities on switch-ins (anymore):

Sorry, i badly explained my question, so i reformulate :
Does Core Enforcer triggers the ability suppression if the opponent's action was a switch instead of a move?

It seems to work that way on Showdown, but the description of the move doesn't say anything about that.
Yeah, I was right; it is like Payback in that the effect doesn't happen if the Pokemon switched in the same turn. Updating PS accordingly!
Dang it, Core Enforcer can't be used as a Sturdinja deterrent anymore.

Thank friggin' Arceus. Core Enforcer's been, IMO, a downright oppressive and meta warping move and this should ease up on the pressure of needing to run slow pivot everything to avoid the effects. Now we can actually switch around and use fast pivots without losing important abilities for free because the opponent is carrying four or five copies of the move because its utility was just so ridiculous.

I think this might bite offense the most, since they can't remove a check's/counter's ability on the switch-in anymore and are too fast to nail walls otherwise. They'll still use its 'cause it has good power and accuracy though. Meanwhile, I think Regenerator notably gets buffed here since it can dry switch into the move and dry switch out. Someone spamming Core could be stopped by a double regen core simply switching back and forth.

On the theme of core enforcer nerfs, I thought I'd post a regenvest set I've been using for quite some time in a hard stall team.

Dialga @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spectral Thief / Rapid Spin
- Core Enforcer
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn

This set makes use of dialga's excellent Dragon/Steel typing to be an -ate resist that isn't weak to steel and also resists galvanise.
Revelation Dance allows it to check normalise mega gengar as well as threatening fairy types due to dialga's high special attack. Core enforcer threatens dragons and poison heal mons in particular Giratina which helps Dialga to rapid spin reliably against most teams and between these two moves it hits almost every -ate user super effectively. The steel typing also helps it perform hazard control as it resists stealth rocks and is immune to toxic spikes. Spectral thief helps against HO teams in general.
I wouldn't say this set hard counters much but it is a very reliable switchin against a lot of the meta even when you don't know their set which is helpful to sponge hits and scout before you switch to the appropriate mon and it acts as a backup check in emergencies.

This set does however suffer strong competition from the more common regenvest Solgaleo and Pogre sets but has advantages over each such as neutrality to fire and better STAB super effective coverage (as well as obvious disadvantages).

I'd welcome any possible changes to this set to fill slightly different roles (although it is already a jack of all trades). I'd also like to hear your thoughts on how the core enforcer nerf effects this set overall (it helps and hinders in different ways). The biggest problem I can see is Imposter no longer fears switching into core.

pazza

Banned deucer.
Tired of your Shedinja dieing to hazards?
Well now the new gimmick is here!

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Endeavor
- Soak
- Extreme Speed
- Recycle

Just a normal Shedinja set but with a gimmicker ability.Most times when people see Shedinja they will get hazards up and make it useless.But this time it wont do anything X).This set can also throw opponents off guard,because everyone knows not to naturally hit shedinja without moldy/Sunsteel Strike,Moongeist Beam.Recycle is for pp stalling Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam,and getting sashes back!
Bye XD
me-your-sister-the-jjyour-mom-~skewbi-4665200.png

How about this set? I think I’ve found something
F3A13EAB-20E3-444B-976B-1D8589F3D6AF.png

Stakataka @ Air Balloon
Ability: Triage
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Horn Leech
- Roost
- Gyro Ball

edit: apparently I'm mistaken. Shuca could still be better though

How about this set? I think I’ve found something

Stakataka @ Air Balloon
Ability: Triage
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Horn Leech
- Roost
- Gyro Ball
at the very least, run Shuca Berry rather than Air Balloon so rocks don't mess you up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)