Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Immunity to non-Arrow Ground, super resistant to fighting, and resistant to Grass are notable and may be more useful for some teams, however. Latter two especially for Contraries. Really though, it all just depends on what typing your team needs. Cress is probably easier to toss around as an Unaware though.

What are the best boosting moves for a physical sweeper? I've been running Shift Gear, but it seems like there are better ones.

only if someone can mentor me on this i could join
Most of us learnt by ourselves. Just keep messing about on the ladder and taking note of what works & what doesn't - check the forum now and then and before you know it you have the metagame down. Using established RMT's & sample sets / teams help a lot as well.

On another note, I wouldn't mind teaching you the basics. I have a bit of free time and although I'm not pre-se the best-of-the-best; I consider myself competent enough in the metagame to know what's going on.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm RaMcHiPjR, and this is my very first professional team i have made. As of the post of this my BH ladder Elo is 1437. In BH i found that stall teams tended to destroy my contrary Mega mewtwo Y and other unfair set ups. So i decided to google up some of the basics of this game mode and started testing and creating my own stall team. I also invented a new kind of stall. (I think please dont kill me if im wrong) I call it the Aggressive Scout Stall.
The goal of this team is to basically learn the move sets and ability's of your opponents teams to learn their counters and their patterns. Then start destroying the enemy slowly. When i win with this team its one of three things; I make the opponent rage, I win with all 6 of my mons, or i win with one-two mons. Its either a complete wreck or a close match.

The team its self is full of bulky mons that are meant to take a shit ton of damage. I can with this team survive anything. My main center core of this revolves around and imposter Chansey, sturdy Shedinja, and a prankster Aegislash. Off to the side i have two magic bouncers, Dialga and Registeel, and a single poison heal Regigigas.

1:Aegislash (Prankster) *Leftovers*

Aegislash is my pure support mon. Its only way of killing is toxic, useful for getting rid of something my Shedinja can handle. Equipped with priority 1; Parting Shot, Toxic, and Aromatherapy, its only used is to get rid of my status and weaken the opponents mon stat wise so my switch in can eat up the attack (hopefully)

2:Chansey (Imposter) *Evolite*
upload_2016-10-1_17-56-19.png

Chansey is my main squeeze. She literally is the main scout of the team. Chansey can see a mons entire move set before the first turn is even over. Unlike ditto she can survive a +2 draco meteor from mega mewtwo y, live with half heath, and continue to not only steal their sweeper but sweep the sweepers team with their own sweeper. For those moments Chansey can imposter into the opponents mon, it has fake out, parting shot, whirlwind, and wish.

3:Registeel (Magic Bounce) *Rocky Helmet*
upload_2016-10-1_17-34-49.png

Registeel is my more bulky bouncer. His goal is to disturb anything that doesnt attack. and ruin sweeps. I have it run a rocky helmet for fellow sturdy shedinjas. It has defog, taunt, u-turn, and roost.

4:Regigigas (Poison Heal) *Toxic Orb*

Regigigas is my anti ghost type. It has minor bulk but is mainly used for pure power. It slaps the opposing mon until they dies or it gets scared. It has potential to toxic everything with Psycho Shift. It has crunch for ghost types. Facade to do a shit ton of damage. Drain punch to heal.

5:Dialga (Magic Bounce) *Leftovers*
upload_2016-10-1_17-52-29.png

Dialga is my anti dragon wall, And my anti entry hazard god. With bulk as shit and spa like hell a draco meteor hits hard and no one expects it. Equiped with draco, rocks, recover, and spin, this god of time will wreck your shit.

6:Shedinja (Sturdy) *Lum Berry*

Shedinja is my main sweeper. It has one backfire and that is any status or trapping move will kill it off. My whole team is made to prevent that happening. With the standard endeavor, extreme speed, infestation, and recycle, This thing can and will be scary as shit. People rage sometime when they see this thing in the team preview. In BH Shedinja and Chansey are the queen and king.

Thats it there is raw code to copy and paste into Pokemon Showdown below if you would like. Thanks for reading my very first post on these forums. If this goes well ill do another on my UU team. Thanks!

Aegislash (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Parting Shot
- Toxic
- King's Shield
- Aromatherapy

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Parting Shot
- Wish

Registeel (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 6 Atk / 154 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog
- Taunt

Regigigas (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Facade
- Crunch
- Drain Punch

Dialga (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Shedinja (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Infestation
- Recycle

Attachments

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Hello and welcome to Smogon RaMcHiPjR!

The Other Metagames subforum (which you have just posted in) requires permission before you make a thread. Threads like these, where you ask for people to rate your team, belong in this forum: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/oras-other-teams.292/

Please make sure to read the rules of that subforum before posting there if you choose to.
Have a nice day.

Hey man !
I remember this team, we met on ladder this day.
I would suggest Shed Shell over Leftovers on Dialga because of Magnet Pull Xerneas.
Also I would suggest this set for the Shedinja

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Recycle
- Baton Pass
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard

>Classic Recycle bcuz Lum
>Endeavor puts the opponent at 1HP if no ghost
>Ice Shard It's a prio that deals with the omnipresent mega Rayquaza
>Baton Pass gives the momentum and it helps to avoid the KO by SandStorm Mega Ttar or Leech Seed

Also the ImpostorProof gengar annihilates you. That's why Unaware Mega Audino would be a good option over dialga/regi.

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Soft-Boiled
- Whirlwind
- Parting Shot
- Defog / Infestation / Knock Off

last move depending which one you replaced.

Well I think that's all. Have fun with it !

The DG9 Peak Post
First of all, I need some proof. Cue peak picture:

Pretty sick isn't it?

Anyway, thanks to the help of many, I have peaked, transcended if you will, to perhaps the top of my abilities. This may signal a new chapter of my life, I'm not entirely sure. I have a lot of shoutouts for the people in my life who made it possibly for me to peak. This is a long list of people, so I will use the spoiler tag.

Adrian Marin You gave me that disgusting stall that got me to truly peak, and you tutored me on how to use stall more than a year ago. Thanks buddy!
3d What a friend, giving me motivation to push through shitty ladder.
apa Another tutor that gave me so many teams and truly helped me understand the meta, ty.
Cryptis Sharing and helping me test teams, also listening to my complaining of ladder.
draeg We talk almost every day, and you have helped me with the meta.
Ransei Man you sure can handle somebody swearing uncontrollably in your pms even when you have 0 idea why. What a legend...
SunnyORAS A friend since the good days of SP. (FLEX)
Trambo Idk what your Smogon account is but thanks man you helped me out so much and gave me some dank teams.
Pro Wrestling Staff You guys are amazing (other than Bhris Brown gottem) you guys listen to me brag and only shit on me 90% of the time for playing bh.
SP Staff You guys know who you are and I'd like to thank you for listening to me, and not getting the room deleted when I threw fits.
Anyone else I missed because I'm forgetful but if you feel like you were missed then you probably did stuff for me and I thank you for that.

I know what many are thinking... "wow you are fucking shit not even peaking #1" Well, you are right. I am trash. That's why I'm excited for peaking #3. This is not the end of an era, this is a new chapter, preparing for the absolute shithole that will be sumo BH. Thanks everyone!

The match that I got #3 on, it's sick cause it ended on turn 420. http://wikisend.com/download/500364/BalancedHackmons-2016-10-25-dg9-arcanedust.html

So can we start posting SuMo sets now? Cause damn there's some interesting stuff going on.

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Galvanize
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Hammer

Whoopy, an -ate that isn't resisted by Steel types. And a good offensive check to that Kyogre garbage.

252+ Atk Life Orb Galvanize Zekrom Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 188-224 (51.6 - 61.5%)
252+ Atk Life Orb Zekrom Dragon Hammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 299-354 (59.4 - 70.3%)
252+ Atk Life Orb Galvanize Zekrom Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 360-425 (101.9 - 120.3%)

Talking about Galvanize, DA NEW GOD!

Xurkitree @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Grass Knot

For those not well versed in Ultra beasts, this thing has 173 Special attack, which is roughly enough to tear everything to shreds.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Galvanize Xurkitree Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 310-366 (48.2 - 57%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO (this is without accounting for the potential eviolithe nerf)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Galvanize Xurkitree Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 327-385 (89.8 - 105.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (or 100% if you use spikes instead)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Xurkitree Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 584-688 (144.9 - 170.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Xurkitree Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 536-632 (136 - 160.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

GG GAME.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Tail Glow

He hasn't even left, but he's already back.
If you haven't heard, Gale Wings got nerfed to only work at max HP, essentially killing Ray's standard set. But fortunately Game Freak also introduced Triage which gives priority to any move that can heal and since the only mon that gets triage doesn't have any recovery beside Draining Kiss I would assume that moves like that get prio too.

Anyway with all the new Terrain abilities and an item that boosts terrain time there will be a bunch of potentially viable possibilities in SuMo

Idk if this post is valid for 7th gen, but the formula Assist + any z move is wrecking through the ladder since any mon can have any z move in any of their slots. The only counterplay that comes to mind is taunting, but in that case the mon is still having his z move in the other slot, wich will knock out the tauntor in most cases (or in any case there are other 5 mons to deal with, one of them being imposter Chansey usually). I think z moves should be restricted at least without the normal conditions (the item + any attack of the type) to prevent this "strategy"

Idk if this post is valid for 7th gen, but the formula Assist + any z move is wrecking through the ladder since any mon can have any z move in any of their slots. The only counterplay that comes to mind is taunting, but in that case the mon is still having his z move in the other slot, wich will knock out the tauntor in most cases (or in any case there are other 5 mons to deal with, one of them being imposter Chansey usually). I think z moves should be restricted at least without the normal conditions (the item + any attack of the type) to prevent this "strategy"
Assist can't call z moves, it's a bug that should be fixed sometime soon if it's not already.
I still think z moves are a problem as a whole but w/e I'll talk about that later.

There's a new gen7 BH thread for the future, thought that kind of post would be better in the suspect discussion.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons.3587475/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-suspects-and-bans.3566051/

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
So can we start posting SuMo sets now? Cause damn there's some interesting stuff going on.

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Hammer

Whoopy, an -ate that isn't resisted by Steel types. And a good offensive check to that Kyogre garbage.

252+ Atk Life Orb Galvanize Zekrom Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 188-224 (51.6 - 61.5%)
252+ Atk Life Orb Zekrom Dragon Hammer vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 299-354 (59.4 - 70.3%)
252+ Atk Life Orb Galvanize Zekrom Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo Y: 360-425 (101.9 - 120.3%)

Talking about Galvanize, DA NEW GOD!

Xurkitree @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Grass Knot

For those not well versed in Ultra beasts, this thing has 173 Special attack, which is roughly enough to tear everything to shreds.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Galvanize Xurkitree Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 310-366 (48.2 - 57%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO (this is without accounting for the potential eviolithe nerf)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Galvanize Xurkitree Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 327-385 (89.8 - 105.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (or 100% if you use spikes instead)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Xurkitree Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 584-688 (144.9 - 170.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Xurkitree Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 536-632 (136 - 160.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

GG GAME.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Tail Glow

He hasn't even left, but he's already back.
If you haven't heard, Gale Wings got nerfed to only work at max HP, essentially killing Ray's standard set. But fortunately Game Freak also introduced Triage which gives priority to any move that can heal and since the only mon that gets triage doesn't have any recovery beside Draining Kiss I would assume that moves like that get prio too.

Anyway with all the new Terrain abilities and an item that boosts terrain time there will be a bunch of potentially viable possibilities in SuMo
Run Ice Beam on that
Xuriktree
. I've been running it and every time the opp switches to their ground type, and if its not pdon it gets bopped and dies. My other two moves were Volt Switch and Magma Storm, and I improofed with Pdon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)