Autumn Friendly 2012

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ill probably go over the thread soon and pick up some more movies to record.
ill put up a playlist when I'm done I suppose :P

I expected it to be over, so I stopped playing haha.
I went back to check if it was still on, it was.
Immediately I found an opponent with 1398 points.
I battled him, won.
He D/C'd.

I just raised my D/C rate for no reason :(

Well guess I'll do my best to play this when I'm free from work.
I absolutely rofl'd.
Nice battle Julius (1956) Mexico. Too bad you had to sully it with that DC, not worth you rating if you ask me
Indeed.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just tried to go for a last few games, but got DCed on again. Finishing on 1934, I could have gotten a lot higher, as everyone probably could, but that will have to do...

It's ended now.
Final record:
21-4-2, 1663

Not too bad. Definitely a few losses I could have won given some better damage rolls, and two well-deserved losses, but at least I've finally found out the best way to counter rain teams with this team (though my next VGC team will definitely have a more specific counter...)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not anymore,

The competition time has run out.
The competition has ended.

Your Battle box has been
unregistered.

All's well ends well. Team:ee in low 1600s, Team:goatee at around 1750

now to watch some youtube videos.

1722 is my score. forgot how many wins and losses, but I think it was pretty even.

LESSONS LEARNED:

- FEAR Whimsicott is still fun as hell to use, but it's harder to utilize nowadays. It always pisses me off when I think a Fake-Out user is going to hit Whimsicott, which makes me Protect and waste a turn.
- Scrafty getting free Moxie boosts with Whimsicott support is great, but I found myself boosting less, and switching him out to Fake Out threats later on.
- You should always have a spot on your team for Rotom-W with Trick and Choice Scarf. It's great to ruin your opponent's strategy with one well-timed item switch.
- Metagross is meh. He's strong and all and works awesome with Rotom-W, but once Rotom is gone, he kinda falls apart and getts killed pretty fast.
- Venusaur in Trick Room is good at one thing: Destroying shitty Rain teams. Outside of that, don't bother.
- Reuniclus is still the man.
- Maybe I should stop running Trick Room teams

Well, I finished a little over 1700. Didn't play all that many matches, like 35.

If you where wondering, my team was Clefable, Cloyster, Rotom-C, Zapdos, Garchomp, and Slowbro. It was very anti-meta(and some stuff I wanted to test) and I think It kicked butt.

So after an entire day of haxy matches, and dropping from 1897 to 1740odd I finally bumped myself back to 1800+. Pity I couldn't get more but I can't control luck haha. I'll edit in a video number for a pretty good match tomorrow

Edit:Eiganjo, here are two battle codes for you:
62-87644-22125 from the 15th, a great match vs Pro-D
76-46243-50449 a decent battle in my opinion.

Finished 29-4-34 with about 1800. I actually did a lot better than I thought I would seeing as this was my first official tournament. If only I hadn't been so unlucky with D/Cers...

I case anyone's wondering, I ran Tyranitar/Excadrill/Cresselia/Latios/Metagross/Hitmontop and used TR+swag most of the time. Yea, I know it's a really common team, but since I've never been to an event I didn't know.

53-20-8, man that one Friday was a bad day for me. Well thanks to JRank, and ΩDonut, for fantastic battles, and thanks to Expert Evan for helping me create my team. Well TPCi stated that they should be up within 24 hrs. or so.

Oh yeah, I'll post a youtube vid of JRank and me, maybe tommorow or somethin'.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With some of the most amazing wins I've ever had in any form of pokemon I amazingly finished with 1533...

What.
The.
Hell.
Dude, high-five! I don't feel so bad anymore for stopping around in the 1590s...It kinda sucks how in theory, if you won 50 battles in a row and hit the 2000s, and lost 25 in a row right after, your record would be trash. That's the kinda spiteful part about the Rating System, but hey. At least we tried, right? Haha...

Yeah, but sadly this team isn't even what I wanted to use, but me being me, I forgot to switch my Hydreigon and TTar's movesets. TTar was more useful with t-wave to my surprise, while I couldn't use a hydreigon that lacked protect and surf. I'm definitely posting an RMT of this team when I get the time.

P.S. I broke 1600 for literally five minutes, last friendly I made it to 1700+ and then lost to someone in the 1300s. Not sure which is really better.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, but sadly this team isn't even what I wanted to use, but me being me, I forgot to switch my Hydreigon and TTar's movesets. TTar was more useful with t-wave to my surprise, while I couldn't use a hydreigon that lacked protect and surf. I'm definitely posting an RMT of this team when I get the time.

P.S. I broke 1600 for literally five minutes, last friendly I made it to 1700+ and then lost to someone in the 1300s. Not sure which is really better.
I broke 1600 for about a whole night, and then Karma ambushed me from a dark alley in the next morning, lol. I think the same thing happened to me last Friendly, too. I didn't record everybody I faced back then though, just how many Wins/Losses/DCs I got. But I DO know I finished in the mid/upper 1600s with my (surprisingly worse than what I have now when I think on it) team back then, so I guess I got some bad luck, lol. At this point I'm just hoping I'm not DQ'd for all those late-tourney DC's

My Best Videos from the Friendly

Ill probably go over the thread soon and pick up some more movies to record.
ill put up a playlist when I'm done I suppose :P
Here's a few I thought were pretty epic, if you need anymore.

1. 27-32199-77575, Kira (Texas, US) vs. Jeremy (Washington, US)
I was totally demolished thanks to a creative Ambipom + Virizion duo. (Excuse my terrible play in this match)

2. 70-86330-67034, Kira vs. Tommy (California, US)
Scariest moment ever - it all came down to my LAST Hydro Pump on a Choiced Rotom. If it missed, I would've lost struggling to death. (Oh why did I forget to use PP Ups?!)

3. 81-97441-78644, Kira vs. Gary (Lombardy, Italy)
How I even won this one is nothing short of a miracle; how a Scizor and Hitmontop took down a Drought team of 4 still blows my mind.

4. 19-79576-83899, Kira vs. C-Bizzz (None)
Totally forgot to bring along my anti-TR leads. But once again, I pulled through by the skin of my teeth.

...in case you were interested. ;)

This was a blast for me. As a first attempt at competitive battling, I'd say i did well enough hitting mid 1600s. Ran an offensive gravity team with Weavile(razor fang fling=P) Starmie lead and had plenty of laughs. Sadly, he team was woefully unprepared(grabbing focus blast/stone edge TMs 40 min before entry deadline, evolving Weavile 20 min before), but I must say I learned a lot.
Highlight had to be the match i gravitied against a marshstomp/moltres combo...and marshstomp quaked. =D
I might have to consider getting into this a bit more...
TY smogon for all the useful info!

Well, good tourney, I have - 3 points that last year.

wins: 135
Loss: 4
DC totals: 36

I dont know how is my rate dc's, is good? :P

Only 36? Great Ruben you are super lucky meeting people...
I give up when my DC reached the 36% , unfortunately for me , because I reached 2000+ pt :/
But as always, I'm not gonna be classified !!!

maybe this was just me but did anyone else run water spout jellycent and have the move hit and do no damage?....this happened to me three times....once to a fire type pokemon, I still ended up winning, but it was horrible

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
maybe this was just me but did anyone else run water spout jellycent and have the move hit and do no damage?....this happened to me three times....once to a fire type pokemon, I still ended up winning, but it was horrible
Had you taken a lot of damage beforehand? Since Water Spout is reliant on how much HP you have, if you had a low amount it won't do much at all even if it is a super effective move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)