Gen 7 Attempt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ground Arceus is the most reliable one to my knowledge. It has a good matchup against Primal Groudon and NDM, who are some of the most common Stealth Rockers.
Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 24 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Defog
This is the set the Smogon Analysis reccomends for Support Groundceus.
Thank you - I’ll try to stick to my ultra sun exclusive restriction but this is still good to know.

I’m wondering how effective a mega absol would be (sandstorm and magic bounce as a lead alongside sucker punch for priority). Would this be a good combination with togedemaru?

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
I’m wondering how effective a mega absol would be (sandstorm and magic bounce as a lead alongside sucker punch for priority). Would this be a good combination with togedemaru?
Mega Absol is really bad in SM Ubers, its stats don't hold up at all and it prevents you from using a better mega like Salamence or Mewtwo. It also fails to keep Stealth Rock off against Primal Groudon, who is one of the most common rocks setters. I also don't really see the point of using Sandstorm on this team- it doesnt really help you and in fact stops your Level 1 strategies from working.

Mega Absol is really bad in SM Ubers, its stats don't hold up at all and it prevents you from using a better mega like Salamence or Mewtwo. It also fails to keep Stealth Rock off against Primal Groudon, who is one of the most common rocks setters. I also don't really see the point of using Sandstorm on this team- it doesnt really help you and in fact stops your Level 1 strategies from working.
I realised this lol - replaced with pineco. I'm also curious if a sandstorm toxic spikes combo (excuted by pineco) would allow for togedemaru to sweep part of a team. If it goes wrong I can switch to primal groudon to cancel it out...

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
I realised this lol - replaced with pineco. I'm also curious if a sandstorm toxic spikes combo (excuted by pineco) would allow for togedemaru to sweep part of a team. If it goes wrong I can switch to primal groudon to cancel it out...
Why are you using Pineco in SM Ubers? There are a lot of better options in case you want Toxic Spikes on your teams such as Greninja, Toxapex and even Scolipede, all of whom are actually listed on VR.

The latest rendition of the team:
https://pokepast.es/0d53bf6446450bdd
The main idea is to lead with pineco for toxic spikes and sandstorm - then switch to togedemaru for a potential sweep. Against ghost types mimikyu destiny bond is the plan.
I'm looking for another way to remove hazards as well... smeargle rapid spin is fairly reliable after mimikyu trick room but it definitely isn't enough.
I also think I should remove
Why are you using Pineco in SM Ubers? There are a lot of better options in case you want Toxic Spikes on your teams such as Greninja, Toxapex and even Scolipede, all of whom are actually listed on VR.
Pineco also has sandstorm and can get 2 guaranteed hazards down thanks to Berry juice sturdy

Sand for SpDef boost doesn’t help if you expect to get OHKO and protected by Sturdy. Also, that hurts your Mimikyu and renders your Cottonee’s Sash useless.
It’s not for spdef boost it’s for chip damage after endeavour (in case the Pokémon is immune to toxic spikes). To cancel the sandstorm I can switch to Groudon for sunny day/desolate land.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
The main idea is to lead with pineco for toxic spikes and sandstorm - then switch to togedemaru for a potential sweep. Against ghost types mimikyu destiny bond is the plan.
I'm looking for another way to remove hazards as well... smeargle rapid spin is fairly reliable after mimikyu trick room but it definitely isn't enough.

Pineco also has sandstorm and can get 2 guaranteed hazards down thanks to Berry juice sturdy
Focus Sash Greninja is much more consistent at getting hazards down because of its much higher speed and access to Taunt, while also not being total setup bait. Also, Sandstorm has anti-synergy with the rest of your team because it nullifies your Cottonee, Mimikyu and Smeargle's Focus Sashes. I think that TSpikes will usually be enough to let Togedemaru get KOs with Endeavor because poison types are relatively rare in SM Ubers, I don't think you need Sandstorm here.
Also, the issue with Level 1 Smeargle as a spinner is that most pokemon are just going to outspeed and OHKO it with rocks up before it can use Spin. It will be able to Spin with TR up, but TR won't always be up because it only has a duration of 5 turns, two of which are likely to be spent before you can get Smeargle on the field. I recommend putting Defog on Cottonee to give your team more consistent Hazard removal, in case you insist on keeping the Level 1 gimmicks.

Last edited:

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor

Another major issue with this Todegemaru strategy is that it gets very easily shut down by NDM(Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) with Sunsteel Strike or Photon Geyser and Lunala with Moongeist Beam. This also applies to Pineco, meaning that most teams will be able to shut it down before it can get a single layer of hazards. For this reason, I think that Sturdy based Level 1 gimmicks are completely unviable in SM Ubers and I would not reccomend using them at all.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Does eject button get activated upon stealth rocks or does it have to be an actual move?
"If the holder is hit by a damaging move and does not faint, it consumes the Eject Button and is immediately switched out for a Pokémon of its Trainer's choice. It does not activate if the holder is a wild Pokémon or its Trainer has no Pokémon to switch in."

And does healing wish move first?
No, it has 0 prioity. It is based on the speed of the pokemon using it.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Level: 1
- Lunar Dance
- Rapid Spin

Togedemaru @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Serious Nature
- Endeavor
- Nuzzle
- Fake Out
- Spiky Shield

Mimikyu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Disguise
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Trick Room
- Destiny Bond
- Infestation

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 0 HP
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Defog
- Encore

Solosis @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
- Endeavor
- Trick Room

I want a full level 1 Pokémon team and so far I have this. I need one more Pokémon and the move sets aren’t perfect but please give thoughts.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
- Lunar Dance
- Rapid Spin

Togedemaru @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Serious Nature
- Endeavor
- Nuzzle
- Fake Out
- Spiky Shield

Mimikyu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Disguise
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Trick Room
- Destiny Bond
- Infestation

Cottonee @ Focus Sash
IVs: 0 HP
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Defog
- Encore

Solosis @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
- Endeavor
- Trick Room

I want a full level 1 Pokémon team and so far I have this. I need one more Pokémon and the move sets aren’t perfect but please give thoughts.
1. I think Sturdy based Level 1 gimmicks are very bad in SM Ubers because they get shut down by Moongeist Beam Lunala or Sunsteel Strike/Photon Geyser NDM/Ultra Necrozma, which are both very common pokemon. So I suggest removing Togedemaru from this team and replacing it with a Focus Sash based Level 1 gimmick like Endeavor + Quick Attack Taillow.
2. I reccomend putting Spore and another filler move like Endeavor on Smeargle here. There's no reason to not have 4 moves on it.
3. I don't think Solosis is a good Level 1 gimmick because it lacks access to any priority moves to combo with Endeavor. I think any Endeavor + priority move user would be better than it.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Sableye @ Fightinium Z
Level: 2
- Pain Split
- Detect
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Rate this set - ideally after toxic spikes.
It's not good. Most teams in SM Ubers have a Steel type(such as NDM) or a Flying-type(Yveltal, Ho-oh, Salamence etc.) which will just be unaffected by the Toxic Spikes and keep attacking Sableye until it runs out of HP for Substitutes and then KO it. Even if they don't, anything with reliable recovery will just attack until it goes down and heal up afterwards. Z-Detect also only grants 1 stage of Evasion, which is a very unreliable way of avoiding a KO. I think Z-Detect is a waste of Z-Move slot.

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Hi Aloysius O’Hare, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any questions. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon? What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it? What are all 4 moves for?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)