Media Attack on Titan (final season coming!)

Hey guys, this caught my eye so I thought I should post here. Attack on Titan is a great show and has left me wondering what it would be like in modern times. If you'd like, I have a fanfiction up on fanfiction.net called Assault on Titan that deals with this. The link's in my sig. I'm busy catching up with the manga, but I'm basically following the manga as much as possible, save for a few minor cuts here and there to help with the flow of timesake and to add on to anticipation later. Hope you guys enjoy it! (okay, that's the end of my shitty salespitch) So just a short set of facts: My favorite character is Jean because he has outstanding potential to be a great commander (once again, for each chapter of the manga I read, I'm also typing said chapter on my fanfiction and modernizing it in some way). My favorite episode is the one where Irwin is speaking to the cadets about joining the Scouts. I also like potatoes. And food. yeah, I suck with intros.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just the other day I was thinking to myself: "You know what's been missing from Attack on Titans recently? Fucking Titans."

So just when I thought the series was running low on creepy titan shit... wow, this chapter...

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That chapter-- DAMN (wasn't there not even supposed to be a chapter this month? Thought they were taking a break)

Anyway, there was a chapter-- one so crazy epic that I don't even know how to put together my thoughts on it. No doubt this was definitely a plot moving chapter, a lot more action at the highest level of the story, with less reveal than the last few chapters-- and yet still more than enough reveal to keep the spectators happy. Getting a lot of the backstory for the ackermans was great, though there was no touch on their epic fighting abilities. Also who wants to bet Levi is the kid of that prostitute?

The story move forward between the characters in the ceremony room was epic, dramatic, and very, very well done. Can't wait for the next one!

We read the series for chapters like this one!

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Sorry if too much of a bump... but damn, the latest episodes have been fucking amazing, really wondering whats going to happen now o_o

Chou Toshio

Over9000
By episodes, you mean chapters right...?

This last one was actually less interesting since there was almost no really important info revealed, and Eren still making loser talk--

But that doesn't mean it wasn't a good chapter. It was a needed chapter, concluding this arc and setting the stage for the next. Predictable, needed chapter, but very well done.

With the power issues put to rest and the mysteries inside the wall sufficiently sorted out, the team can now tackle the big goals outside.
-seal the outmost wall
-uncover the mysteries in the basement
-address the real enemies from outside (beast titan group and titan shifter village)

This is a return to the main story direction since attack on titans has always been an outward facing story-- the threats coming at the walls, and Eren's will to venture out.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Great chapter, though mostly we just learned that Eren's Dad originally came from outside the wall-- and not a whole lot else. For us reader's, his experience is similar to Ymir's, though they likely have slightly different backgrounds.

Jaeger's comment about "fighting" also largely supports the idea of different titan factions outside the wall-- though I think it was a shock for many of us last chapter that ARB and Monkey seem to be from the same faction.

One other important fact that we can infer from this chapter-- that because Dr. J comes from outside the wall, it's possible to assume that Eren is technically NOT of the "majority bloodline," that it's more likely that he's like the Asians, nobles, or Akermans in not being controllable by the king's power.

Even if his mother was a majority race woman, purity of blood doesn't seem to be that important. Since the royal family assumed they couldn't erase Kenny's memories despite the high likelihood that Kenny (and other Ackermans by this time) were not of pure heritage. It's fair to assume that blocking the king's influence is a "dominant" trait that usually breeds true. Anyway, something to make not of with Eren.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)