Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

The move Recycle was not implemented into Shoddy Battle.
Well then, congratulations to Shoddy for losing another user. Seriously, Shoddy was created in like, 2006 or 2007? And when it was first made, it had a lot of bugs and glitches, as well as some missing moves, and even today, that last one is still the case. How is a move that Smogon says is "a fun idea" on Porygon2 not ever put into Shoddy? Seriously, the makers of Shoddy have had 3 or 4 years to make necessary changes to it, and even with that amount of time, they forget about one move. And it just coincidentally has to be the one move that would be awesome for Porygon2, because it makes it able to heal status whenever you want (by using it with a Lum Berry), continue to heal your HP even after Recover runs out of PP (by using it with a Sitrus Berry), or never run out of PP (by using it with a Leppa Berry). Yeah, COINCIDENTALLY (*cough* on purpose *cough*) they forget about that move and only that move. So yeah, Shoddy, you just lost a user.

Well then, congratulations to Shoddy for losing another user. Seriously, Shoddy was created in like, 2006 or 2007? And when it was first made, it had a lot of bugs and glitches, as well as some missing moves, and even today, that last one is still the case. How is a move that Smogon says is "a fun idea" on Porygon2 not ever put into Shoddy? Seriously, the makers of Shoddy have had 3 or 4 years to make necessary changes to it, and even with that amount of time, they forget about one move. And it just coincidentally has to be the one move that would be awesome for Porygon2, because it makes it able to heal status whenever you want (by using it with a Lum Berry), continue to heal your HP even after Recover runs out of PP (by using it with a Sitrus Berry), or never run out of PP (by using it with a Leppa Berry). Yeah, COINCIDENTALLY (*cough* on purpose *cough*) they forget about that move and only that move. So yeah, Shoddy, you just lost a user.
shoddy battle hasn't been supported for two years. nobody really cares about it

The server is down for upgrades/repairs/maintenance.
nah, the server was taken down because we play on poke lab now. the smogon shoddy battle server will likely never go back online.

shoddy battle hasn't been supported for two years. nobody really cares about it

nah, the server was taken down because we play on poke lab now. the smogon shoddy battle server will likely never go back online.
Thought the guy asked meant the poke lab one ;p

What's supposed to happen if I counter a U-Turn?

I ask, because in shoddy 1, and early versions of Shoddy 2, the U-Turn user switches out, and whatever switches in takes counter damage. Now however, nothing is damaged whatsoever. I'd like to know if this behavior is a bug that was fixed, or a bug that was introduced.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
The program does have ratings, but you can't view them yet. Obviously, in the near future, it will be possible to view them, including a leaderboard.

Don't know if this was asked already but is there an issue with the hp percentages in pokélab? A few times I played it showed my opponents guy with 0% even though the next turn it was still alive.

Don't know if this was asked already but is there an issue with the hp percentages in pokélab? A few times I played it showed my opponents guy with 0% even though the next turn it was still alive.
its rounded down. For example if you had a poke with 1000 hp and he had 7hp left it would be rounded down to zero instead of 1%

How do you load teams?

Every time I go onto the team builder, I click load, nothing happens...

The folders on the side are empty. I have kept my teams in one place before, and when I load my team for the ladder/challenge it works perfectly fine.

I'm using a Macbook Pro.

This is for Pokemon Lab.

I have a possible stupid question here, but I'm going to ask it anyway. On shoddy, I'm trying to get heatran with hp grass, but the ivs are coming up invalid. First why is that and second is there someway I can fix it?

I have a possible stupid question here, but I'm going to ask it anyway. On shoddy, I'm trying to get heatran with hp grass, but the ivs are coming up invalid. First why is that and second is there someway I can fix it?
Heatran's a Legendary, which means that you cannot breed it. This means that not all IV combinations all legal on it. So, to find a combination that's legal, just keep lowering an unimportant IV (like in Heatran's case, Attack) by increments of 4 until you find a combination that works.

Is the server down?

I can't connect at all, I've tried reinstalling but it doesn't work

I was just battling someone and I couldn't do anything, I closed it and have been unable to connect

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it would appear the server is down for the moment. Please just wait until it comes back on

How do you load teams?

The folders on the side are empty. I have kept my teams in one place before, and when I load my team for the ladder/challenge it works perfectly fine.

I'm using a Macbook Pro.

This is for Pokemon Lab.
Anyone? This is a major issue for me.

for some reason everytime i use fakeout it never works but when someone uses it against me it hits without fail

is there something im doing wrong or is it a glitch?

About Gen V implementation: do you plan on only doing that after we get B/W in English?
Asking this because PO has decided to do the same.

About Gen V implementation: do you plan on only doing that after we get B/W in English?
Asking this because PO has decided to do the same.
We would need to have a extensive knowledge of the mechanics of the moves, abiltys, held items, and features of Gen 5 before any work on 5th Gen capability on the simulator. Even the, it'll take a good amount of time to code it all so we have no idea when there will be 5th gen on the simulator.

How do you load teams?

I'm using a Macbook Pro.

This is for Pokemon Lab.
For me, the load/save buttons below the folders section don't work, and I'm still using XP. I load my team by just going to File --> and Load Team within the Team Builder

I am playing pokemon black version in jap,
Using U-turn,fire blast, surf, dragon pulse choice scarf timid sanzando
and fire blast, overheat, energy ball, shadow ball choice spec bold shandera
any suggestion for a last pokemon for battle train(basically the new battle tower,lv50 3v3)?

I am playing pokemon black version in jap,
Using U-turn,fire blast, surf, dragon pulse choice scarf timid sanzando
and fire blast, overheat, energy ball, shadow ball choice spec bold shandera
any suggestion for a last pokemon for battle train(basically the new battle tower,lv50 3v3)?
This is the wrong thread to post such a comment in (This thread is for questions relating to the new Pokemon simulator 'Pokemon Lab' and 'Shoddy Battle'.
Post in this thread

EDIT: How do you save your battle logs on Pokemon Lab? I went to preferences 'always save logs' but it never asks me if I want to.

EDIT: How do you save your battle logs on Pokemon Lab? I went to preferences 'always save logs' but it never asks me if I want to.
that's because it's saving them (without prompting you) in the directory you specified. if you would prefer to be prompted to save at the end of every battle, you can change it in the same spot in preferences.

I have a question about Shoddy Battle.
I'm running my own server, but the move sets aren't updated to HGSS standard - are the files around that anyone has to fix this? I don't mind if they're updated database files or a patch file.

Thanks for any help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)