Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

Sorry if this is an ignorant question, is posting embedded images allowed in CAP discussions unrelated to the Art Submissions, or is that in violation of something or generally discouraged? If not, is there a file-size or image-size limit that'd be best to stick to?

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
In a nutshell, optics refers to how something is viewed both within and outside of a community. Optics also typically refers to what is essentially PR (Public Relations) in terms of managing how a group is viewed by others.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
You can personally start to think about concepts beforehand, yes. We just don't have a place to actually post or discuss concepts until the next CAP starts. You can think about concepts in private and maybe sometimes discuss them in discord or the PS chat, but you can't do anything with them on the forums until it is the proper time.

Hi, I'm new. I like making fakemon, and have a few I'd like to submit somewhere - mainly to have it be discussed, see how it would perform in competitive, and so on. Is the right place, or should I look elsewhere?

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
CAP doesn't accept individual fakemon creations and we build our mons step by step as a community on the forums. So, this sadly is not the right place for your wants.

How do I start contributing anything here? Mainly, what's the big thing that's currently being discussed? I can't really tell based on the amount of threads there are and if I post something it'll probably accidentally go against some sorts of rules like "this isn't the right place to post that" or something.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
How do I start contributing anything here? Mainly, what's the big thing that's currently being discussed? I can't really tell based on the amount of threads there are and if I post something it'll probably accidentally go against some sorts of rules like "this isn't the right place to post that" or something.
So before posting a new thread it is best to get it approved by the forum moderators namely HeaLnDeaL jas61292 and some other people that I'm forgetting atm because I'm on mobile. Anyways its best to send them a private message on what you want to post so you don't get infracted with a "lurk more"

Another thing to remember is to try contributing in the room on PS! first before going onto smogon. Try building some teams and learning the meta. This will help you contribute to many of the competitive aspects to the Pokemon and also regarding CAP as a Whole such as The Viability Rankings and so on.

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey, Tazonite! We're currently in between CAPs, so I guess the biggest thing currently would be PRC topics (talks about the maintaining CAP Project itself). If you want to join, you'll want to sit tight and wait until CAP 24 starts! Once it does, you'll see a bunch of threads that start with "CAP 24 Part #" that you can discuss and vote in. You can also contribute to CAP pre-evolutions in the subforum, which run parallel to CAP.

Don't worry about what Broken Phobias says about being infracted. It's fine to make a few mistakes so long as you learn from them!

If you have more questions, try visiting the CAP Discord server! I frequent it when I can, and I should be able to help. ^_^

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Yes, as long as no one else has already reposted it / posted a similar concept in the current thread.

Why are the old custom moves and abilities not removed or replaced even though they're banned for all new CAPs? They're really confusing as a newcomer.

They exist as part of the CAP as it was created, so it is preserved for history. They also have huge effects on how the Pokemon plays: Persistant and Paleo Wave especially are vital for what Fidgit and Stratagem do now, but also for what the state of the game was like when they were initially released.

If there were exact matches, I would not be surprised if they were to be replaced. But GameFreak has not released copies of any of the custom moves or abilities, so they cannot be replaced. Even if they were, changing the abilities to something that didn't exist when the Pokemon were released feels off in keeping with the spirit of preserving the CAP Pokemon.

This doesn't stop us from matching changes to CAP 'mons, whether they are underwhelming or overwhelming when we get a new generation, as seen in the generation 7 CAP updates.

Is there a reason as to why of all the Form changing moves, Flower Gift isn't listed as banned? Fell foul of that during the Ability selecting Process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)