Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer, C&C Edition

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
What is the difference between Sixth Gen Contribution and Prelimary Pokedex? And how do you get to have a pokemon in the Prelimary Pokedex?
Six Gen Contributions is the forum where these analyses are taking place, being worked on, and perfected. After they get finished, a tier leader will upload them and they will be uploaded to both the Preliminary Pokedex and the onsite Pokedex.

Six Gen Contributions is the forum where these analyses are taking place, being worked on, and perfected. After they get finished, a tier leader will upload them and they will be uploaded to both the Preliminary Pokedex and the onsite Pokedex.
So the Premilinary Pokedex is a last stop before going to the Pokedex? And the maker of the analysis doesn't upload it to the Preliminary Pokedex?

slayerx725232

So the Premilinary Pokedex is a last stop before going to the Pokedex? And the maker of the analysis doesn't upload it to the Preliminary Pokedex?
Oh no, the Preliminary Pokedex is the exact same thing as the onsite Pokedex. To say it shortly, it's just a congregation of all the analyses that are kept on the forum for those who do not feel like checking out the actual Pokedex, I suppose. And no, the maker of the analysis does not, but instead a co-leader of the tier the analysis is for. Example: An NU analysis about Archeops would be uploaded by Raseri, Zebraiken, or Hollywood, but not the writer of it.

Oh no, the Preliminary Pokedex is the exact same thing as the onsite Pokedex. To say it shortly, it's just a congregation of all the analyses that are kept on the forum for those who do not feel like checking out the actual Pokedex, I suppose. And no, the maker of the analysis does not, but instead a co-leader of the tier the analysis is for. Example: An NU analysis about Archeops would be uploaded by Raseri, Zebraiken, or Hollywood, but not the writer of it.
Thank you very much. So why does the PP have QCs?

slayerx725232

Thank you very much. So why does the PP have QCs?
My only assumption on that one is that most writers of analyses either forget to take away the tags, choose not to take of the tags to keep them there (for further review, I suppose), or they have no time to before the tier leaders upload the analyses.

My only assumption on that one is that most writers of analyses either forget to take away the tags, choose not to take of the tags to keep them there (for further review, I suppose), or they have no time to before the tier leaders upload the analyses.
Oh, so the thread is moved to the PP, not re-created. If I make a PU set on Munchlax, the thread itself and all the comments are moved over to the PP.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes, once the analysis is finally complete, the thread gets moved over into the preliminary pokedex and gets put onsite in one step.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For XY/ORAS analyses, will they be split up, e.g. a section with XY analyses and a section with ORAS analyses or will they just overwrite the XY analyses?

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
On top of that will they be separated from OU / UU / Doubles etc because its kind of annoying to be looking through a bunch of irrelevant sets for the one you want.

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Typically, how many analyses does it take before one earns a ladybug, and subsequently a Contributor badge?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
For XY/ORAS analyses, will they be split up, e.g. a section with XY analyses and a section with ORAS analyses or will they just overwrite the XY analyses?
Overwrote, XY is now officially dead so none of the XY analyses will remain on the Dex when their ORAS analysis is written

Hey, long time lurker, 42nd time (or something like that) poster here. I'd be really in helping out with writing some analyses and stuff, but I was wondering if there are any pre-requisites -like ladder reqs, or, like, a badge holder or something- that need to be met before submitting stuff.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, long time lurker, 42nd time (or something like that) poster here. I'd be really in helping out with writing some analyses and stuff, but I was wondering if there are any pre-requisites -like ladder reqs, or, like, a badge holder or something- that need to be met before submitting stuff.
Nope! There are no prerequisites in general, but some analyses require a badge such as the one Minus and I have because they are either high priority or complicated. If you haven't looked already, check this out: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/welcome-to-c-c-a-beginners-guide-to-contributing.3500343/
edit: get ninja'd minus

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nope, just knowledge of the tier you want to write for and dedication! Though, if you want to reserve a certain Pokemon, you may need a badge for it, though it's sort of rare.

Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, i've been serching the internet for a simple answer but nothing pops, so i ask to you... is it possible to tranfer megastones from pokemon x/y to ORAS ? Maybe with something better then trading...

Last edited:
Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, i've been serching the internet for a simple answer but nothing pops, so i ask to you... is it possible to tranfer megastones to pokemon x/y to ORAS ? Maybe with something better then trading...
It's not. Also, these kind of questions are not what this thread is for. For questions like these, check out orange islands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)