Arceus forme name standard change + looking for CMS contributors

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Hi,

As of this generation, the standard for Arceus forme names has changed: where you guys used to have to write "Grass Arceus", from here on out you'll have to use "Arceus-Grass". We are making this change since, simply, the vernacular has changed over the years; there is no Game Freak-official name standard for Arceus formes or consistency with other forme names we use to prevent us from doing this, and this way the analyses will better reflect the language the community uses.

However, since inconsistency across the dex is bad, even if it's not within the same generation, it would be wonderful if badgeholders could go through the CMS to change [TYPE] Arceus to Arceus-[TYPE] in analyses from DPP to XY. Since those are old gens, there's no big rush (and we know it's a lot of analyses to go through), but it does have to happen sooner rather than later so that everything is standardised properly again. We know some people were pretty passionate to see this change happen, so we trust there'll be people willing to update the old analyses.

------

Since I'm posting anyways, might as well go ahead and mention that the forme names for Zygarde have been standardised as Zygarde-10%, Zygarde, and Zygarde-C.

That is all.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
submitted changes for all mentions of arceus formes in dpp except for:
arceus
lugia

in other analyses where ekiller is referred to as Normal Arceus i changed it to "Extreme Killer" Arceus cos i saw that was used in a few places, but this arceus analysis confuses me and idk where i should just change it to Arceus (i asked gp people on discord and they told me Normal Arceus is just Arceus) and where to change it to "Extreme Killer" Arceus

lugia has a single mention
"While Latias may appear to run the bulky Calm Mind course more effectively due to a better special movepool, lack of an Electric-type weakness, and far superior Special Attack, Lugia can boast that it isn't locked in and annihilated by Metagross Pursuit and doesn't care about Normal Arceus with Extreme Speed."

hope i did everything right ._.

ps: old analyses seem inconsistent with gp/standards but they're so fun to read omg!! e.g. poisonceus
The Creator oozes with the scum and filth He has deemed you to be in His toxic form. The might of the pestilential deity lays waste to His victims faster than the deadliest of plagues. While the goopy master cannot scratch the hide of His Steel nemeses with His divine Judgment, nor is He a friend of the Psychic- and Ground-types He hath created, His viscous hide protects Him from even the most powerful of onslaughts. The venomous creator even consumes all forms of Toxic and Toxic Spikes in His mighty gullet when He enters the battlefield. Bow before your corrosive maker!

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
ps: old analyses seem inconsistent with gp/standards but they're so fun to read omg!! e.g. poisonceus
The Creator oozes with the scum and filth He has deemed you to be in His toxic form. The might of the pestilential deity lays waste to His victims faster than the deadliest of plagues. While the goopy master cannot scratch the hide of His Steel nemeses with His divine Judgment, nor is He a friend of the Psychic- and Ground-types He hath created, His viscous hide protects Him from even the most powerful of onslaughts. The venomous creator even consumes all forms of Toxic and Toxic Spikes in His mighty gullet when He enters the battlefield. Bow before your corrosive maker!
Ya I had a ton of fun writing those, i think i did 7 or 8 of the arceus ones myself. The goal was to have all the arceus overviews look like that just for funsies, largely because most people don't play farceus ubers anyway, and we were a bit more lax with the standards (plus our team didn't have all-stars like tdp yet)

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
PSA for anyone working on these changes, although I think they're mostly done:

If you're using CTRL+F to search for potential changes to make, make sure that you just search "Arceus" and not "[Type] Arceus" if you're working on an Arceus-type analysis. I've been the one merging a lot of these changes and many times I've found instances where someone has missed an Arceus of a different type or somewhere that the type and the word Arceus were on different lines and thus didn't get found, as the dex reads those as parts of two different <p> tags, at least in the older analyses.

Other than that, I think I speak for all of the C&C Staff when I say thank you to all of the contributors who have been helping out!

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I fixed several hundred iterations of this on some BW analyses, and there's still many more to go. Not sure why the dex editor doesn't have a find and replace function when its pretty standard for all text editing software.

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I fixed several hundred iterations of this on some BW analyses, and there's still many more to go. Not sure why the dex editor doesn't have a find and replace function when its pretty standard for all text editing software.
I'm doing the ones you missed. CTRL+F then type in your search term. Click 'All' and when you replace one iteration of 'xyz Arceus' it will replace all of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)