Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
assigned to double switches

Username
: Nuxl
PO/PS! Username: Nuxl
Your timezone: GMT-7 west coast
Usual Hours of Availability: after school + sports + obligations, probably a different range of between 3-10 PM every day v less sparse hours on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): smogon lurker, want to get more into laddering + playing more and the tournament community has been aspiring for me. teambuilding has never been a skill of mine either, so i usually ladder with teams posted on forums or some bad stuff I make. never really got very high on ladder based on lack of investment, but I aspire to improve this ability. was tutored in DOU last year but kinda was inactive on my end- i don't attempt to aspire to do that again.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

assigned to urban

Username
: SamHPL
PO/PS! Username: SamHPL
Your timezone: GMT-3
Usual Hours of Availability: Usually around night, but also saturday and some other periods.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing for some time, but I usually end up leaving mons for some time and then come back. I watch a lot of battles and I am around 1600s in the ladder, but I don't really ladder too much. I would like to be able to use different playstyles and be able to build my own teams.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
assigned to urban

Username
: Seraph
PO/PS! Username: DinkVGC
Your timezone: GMT (-7)
Usual Hours of Availability: open from 5 P.M. to 12 A.M., except on Tuesdays, which I'm busy
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Around 100 battles on SM OU, but wanting to get better. Lurking around 1300-1500+. Having troubles using certain megas.

assigned to Simiatic

Username
: Midnight Howl
PO/PS! Username: Midnight Howl
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: Mornings, afternoons (after 6pm) and nights until 12 am
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing OU since X/Y and I was better in the ORAS metagame than in the actual SuMo meta so I'd like to improve. I play a lot of LC too but i want to have a second tier that i am good at. I havent participated in many OU tours but it's something i might do in the future if i improve.

assigned to Wally The Bully

Username
: Amphboss
PO/PS! Username: Amphboss
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Can vary quite a bit but usually after 10pm weekdays and early on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing at the back end of ORAS and have carried through to the SM meta. I feel I have a decent understanding of the meta through playing and hovering in the OU forums but loads to learn. Help especially needed with identifying opponents team, win cons etc.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes

assigned to Empo

Username
: starry blanket
PS! Username: starry
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: n/a
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started with XY, but i didn't get "serious" until ORAS, which i was decent at. i used to tutor for it, and i contributed to the OU forum and OU room significantly during ORAS. i didn't like SM initially, so i waited to see if the meta would improve, but it wasn't really. i've watched a few battles recently, and it looks more enjoyable and more interesting than before to me.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Empo has agreed to tutor me.

Username:
MelinCantrit34
PO/PS! Username: Galaxy Defender
Your timezone: UTC/GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: Wednesdays and Friday fromp 6pm to 10 pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 3pm to 10pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitive since mid 2013, almost exclusively OU, and have taken pauses for long periods of time. Right now I'm usually at 1500-1600 in the ladder and have been this way for somewhat a year and a half, so I thought it was time to get some extra help. I think I have an overall great understanding of the game and tier, so I'd like to focus in improving my teambuilding and decision making in battle.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yep

assigned to Wally The Bully

Username
: YuguY
PO/PS! Username: YuguY
Your timezone: GMT 0
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: never Weekend 12 am to 9 pm
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play a lot of little cup, BH and Mix and Mega. I've tried my best at our but can never succeed. I have lurked for a while in our and I can play with sample teams but cannot team building or get past 1200
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only discord

assigned to ez

Username
: Xxxxtentacion
PS! Username: Xxxxtentacion
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 7 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 6 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in 2008 ish and I was very active in the DPP metagame at the time. Since then, I've sort of "retired" since I wasn't a big fan of XY's metagame or BW's but I became more involved around ORAS again. I haven't been able to really find a groove when it comes to team building lately so I hope this program can help me.

Username
: Wheezer
PS! Username: Wheezer
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekday mornings/nights, all day on weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing on showdown in XY sometime after the deoxys ban i believe. I've played on and off since then, sometimes taking breaks for a few months, then coming back to play mons and work on w/e interested me at the time, all of this depending on how busy I am. I've never actually learned how to play pokemon really; I've always just played on autopilot and built 3-5 minute teams just by putting mons that seem to have decent synergy on a team. As a result of this, I've never really achieved much in competitive pokemon, and would like to change this by learning how to properly teambuild and play through a game.

Username: StarryAstrophysicist
PO/PS! Username: starro747 (PS!)
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: Sat-Sun 3-6 PM; Mon-Fri 7-8 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive Pokemon since I discovered Showdown in 2015, and I would say I'm decent...ish. (Not really.) I understand most of the basics and know most of the sets of Pokemon and playstyle of my opponent from team preview. It's just that I struggle with identifying threats to my team, wincons, metagame trends, teambuilding, and playing for the long-term. I would like to try tutoring to see if I can improve in these areas.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Just Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to ez

Username
: imsosorrylol
PO/PS! Username: sorry
Your timezone: PST
Usual Hours of Availability: anytime
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): so like I was drafted for Snake and qualified for OLT but I i went 0-5 so something was up lol. I wanna get tutored by someone with tour experience who can help me improve a bit. Preferably someone who has played in tours and who is better than me.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Just Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Username: LucarioOfLegends
PO/PS! Username: LucarioOfLegends
Your Timezone: Mountain Standard Time (GMT - 7 iirc)
Usual Hours of Availability: 4 PM-2 AM EST on Saturday and Sunday in most cases.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min 3 sentences):
I've playing competitive Pokemon on Showdown! since fall 2016, not too long before the Mega Sableye ban. I understand the basic concepts of competitive Pokemon, greatly comprehend the common sets, playstyles, and strategies, and have won a few battles at points. However, I struggle to full apply these ideas in the heat of battle with constant prediction issue and reckless decisions. I also need some slight help with building, as there are sometimes very large holes in my teams.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype? Discord Only.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? I do completely.

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username
: Ahzee !
PO/PS! Username: Ahzee !
Your timezone: GMT +2
Usual Hours of Availability: every night
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): It's been a while since I started the strategy but I never really took the game seriously, I always played fun teams but now I would like to get into the competition so try to play seriously.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username
: ThiccTornadus
PS! Username: DLT headass
Your timezone: CEST (GMT +2)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 3 PM - 5 PM and 7 PM - 10 PM, weekends 9 AM - 11 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitive in April still a p mediocre player at OU. I understand most of the meta i mostly lack in actual practice where i struggle to actually play with a brain; predictions etc. I would prefer to get tutorred by a more experienced player if possible ofc.

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username
: ridk021
PS! Username: ridk021
Your timezone: CEST (GMT +2)
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 8 PM - 11 PM & Weekends 2 PM - 11 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitively in ORAS and continued playing in SM and I decided to join Smogon to improve. Currently I’m playing SM OU and SM UU. I struggle with laddering (max 1600 in OU), making the optimal plays in battle and also preparing teams for tournaments battles (aka teambuilding). I would consider myself an average player and I know the basics of competitive knowledge.

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username
:espeonage.
PO/PS! Username:5spe0nage
Your timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings mostly
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing mons in late oras, have mained ru for most the time I've played mons, have good experience w/ ou however, but I've sorta hit a point where I'm not really improving and would like to learn some more to be able to play at a higher level. Looked a lot at other available resources, but I feel like I need battling 101 at this point

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
assigned to Za Meowdo

Username: Diophantine
PS! Username: Diophantine
Your Timezone: GMT
Usual Hours of Availability: Evenings/night time.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitively during ORAS in 2016. I have quite a bit of experience of SM OU - I feel as though I am decent at the game but would really like to keep pushing for the higher levels and perhaps aim for some tournaments. I feel as though I get stuck when building teams and would like help with that mainly, though general help in any aspect of my game is appreciated. Anything to help me better my game - I feel like being observed and tutored would be very helpful.
Are you able to use Skype/Discord? Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes.

Username: Codoober

Ps Username: GypsyFruitCake
Timezone- EST (Canadian)

Usual Availabilty: Weekends, After School/3pm EST

I have played pokemon Showdown for about a year and a half now. I am not a very strong team builder however I have been told to be a fast learner and very open minded person. I have watched many pokemon you tubers such as pokeaim and verlsify and watched pokeaims road to top 10 OU religiously. I feel as I am under average at the game however still try to learn and never get try to get down on myself.
I was told to find a tutor by an 1800 ELO player who said I wasn’t bad! Just need some help getting to the next level

I can use Skype and/or discord

I do understand how the blacklist works

assigned to Subject 18

PO/PS! Username
: Competitively
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 1-3 weekends 2-5
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences) I’ve always loved Pokémon and I have been playing since gen 5. Unfortantely I didn’t understand that much back then and I’m getting a little better. Not enough to the point where there is a tons of improvement but that’s why I want to join. To become a better player
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Username: king ak47
PO/PS! Username: king ak47 / hr4gh4g3
Your timezone: bst
Usual Hours of Availability: 11am-1pm weekdays, free on saturday for all nighters
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): im new to competitive pokemon, found out about ps somewhere in march this year. ive played a bit of ou but most of what i know about pokemon is from the rom games.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: i got both

AAamen

☆Ojama: gg team italy
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
assigned to Za Meowdo

Username:AAamen
PO/PS! Username:AAamenya
Your timezone:GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability:Weekdays 3-8 PM but i can even on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I've been playing for 3-4 years, I started with pokemon online but I would like to learn more about the most recent ou metagame.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:Discord

assigned to Simia

Username
: DDarken
PO/PS! Username: DDarken
Your timezone: gtm+1
Usual Hours of Availability: 7pm/9pm-10.30pm usually everyday but not on Saturday. Also sometimes I'm free in the afternoon but surely not on Saturday and on Sunday(2pm-3pm/4pm)
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing since late oras, I think that I'm at least "decent" but I want to improve my skills, particularly to teambuild.

Username:
Machina
PO/PS! Username: Machina
Your timezone: EDT (GMT -4). Daylight saving is hard. I live on US East Coast.
Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends are very flexible
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing since DP, but never super seriously. I would like help in analyzing how to better make optimal plays, team matchup analysis, and team building!
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both, but I'd prefer Facebook / Google Hangouts if possible.

Username: Captain funk
PO/PS! Username:CPT funky fresh
Your timezone: MST timezone
Usual Hours of Availability:
usually 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm on the weekdays. On the weekends I have all day from 5:00pm Friday to 8:00 pm Sunday
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):I started to play competitive for fun last year in june. Then I found out about smogon and decided to take it seriously 2 months after that. I've hit top 500 on the ladder a couple of times but I want to go further than that and try out tournaments on the forums. I also feel like I don't understand the meta well and I want to expand my knowledge onto that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)