Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Enguarde
Showdown Username: Enguarde
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 7:00 p.m. – 1 a.m weeknights and randomly on weekends, GMT +10
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently living in Melbourne Australia studying Medical Imaging, have been playing competitive pokemon for over a year now dabbling in all of the fifth gen tiers, I lost interest in OU for a while but have been getting back into it again in the past month and would love to be decent at it by the time WCOP comes around.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.

The Great Mighty Doom has agreed to tutor me.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/IRC:Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+8, 2 pm to 10 pm (my time)
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 Ubers, BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a powerful BW2 UU player, I love Sonic the Hedgehog series, I love Sonic the Hedgehog music, and I have been hanging around in Smogon Forums for quite a while. I hope that a tutor can be assigned to me with the most suitable timezone, as I see that there are few tutors in Battling 101 that cater to the South East Asian time zone. I am a proficient battler so it would not take too much time to get me up to scratch on the relevant metagame :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Of course!

I was skipped last round.

Username: Flaresun
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Flaresun / Sovieticat / Sunflash (won't be able to go to any simulator until morning / afternoon EST 5th May)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+4, Afternoon in weekdays, nearly day on weekend, but without simulators
What tier do you want to learn?: BW NU / LC / UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old russian girl who likes Pokemon, Pink Floyd, anime and most Nintendo games. My schedule is flexible, so I can be given a tutor with nearly any timezone.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Treecko37
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Stunfisk./Treecko37
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Standard Time, atm I am available pretty much whenever.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU (preferred)/BW UU (works as well)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a pretty experienced NU player. Looking to learn a little more about other tiers. I like puppies, competitive cross-stitching, sarcarm, and long walks on the beach.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutor? y

Did not get a tutor last round.

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Username: Trainer Au
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Plant, Trainer Aurum
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, Wed-Sun after 3:30
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not really a bad player I just have trouble when team building, especially in UU, everything is SR weak and the spinners suck haha. Anyways, my name is Taylor I've been playing competitive pokemon for about 2 years now, I normally play ubers and OU but I want to expand the amount of tiers i play.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yup

Username: Mylo Xyloto
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Mylo Xyloto
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 Im usually on during weekends and late weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?:ADV OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:Well I love. I'm grade 10 and I play pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yep

Username: sickweare
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: weighty or w8er
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4
What tier do you want to learn?: NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've been playing competitively for a while, but I've reached a stalemate where I just haven't been battling well and have been getting low rankings. Sometimes I'll get good rankings, but then I'll fall off. I'd really appreciate any help I get.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yep.

Was skipped over in round 71 and missed 72 (personal reasons).

Username: Silly Dragons
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: averysillyman. Preferably Pokemon Showdown.

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT -6). Availability is around 5 PM - 11 PM on weekdays, pretty much any reasonable time (between like 10 AM and 12 PM) on weekends.

Tell us a little about yourself: I used to play competitive pokemans back in third gen. Lurked on smogon back then as well. Stopped around when 4th gen came out, and have been doing other stuff since. I recently just got back into competitive battling, because I found out one of my friends in college also plays, which reminded me how fun it used to be. Also, I get to kick his ass at it, which brings me great enjoyment.

I started off by playing random battles (a terrible idea, I know), because I didn't want to try my hand at teambuilding yet, due to the unfamiliarity with the metagame. I actually did pretty well for myself, peaking at around 1800 rating or so, despite occasionally randomly losing due to not knowing what things do. After getting the hang of some of the new mechanics in BW2, I decided to finally buckle down and make an OU team. I read a lot of the articles on OU pokemon in the smogon strategy pokedex, picked some things that I thought were interesting, and then went with it. It was a little rough for the first few battles, because my teams would generally have random weaknesses to the most obvious things, which I would patch up, but eventually things got a bit better. I would like to improve my OU skills at a faster pace than I currently am though, which is why I'm here.

As for myself personally, I'm currently a student at the University of Chicago (located in Chicago, IL, hurr). I'm majoring in mathematics. I currently spend most of my time either doing school related work, or hanging out with friends (we usually partake in the vidya games).

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes. I don't see why not.

Under 25 Posts Thing: I don't have very many posts because I find it hard to post about the metagame when I've just so recently entered into it, and because I revisited Smogon and made this account extremely close to this Apprentice Program actually starting (just my luck, eh?). However, I don't think I should be discounted as a candidate because I have a pretty good grasp on battling concepts from my ADV days. The main thing I'm lacking is raw knowledge about the metagame, which could be gained with time, but would be expedited with the help of somebody who already has a great grasp of the game.

I want in.

Username: Prince Rox
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Prince Rox (PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 5:30, from 10 to 1 and evening.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I'm a new trainer so I really want some tutoring. I've read analyses of all Pokemon I use but still, while planning for team synergy and strategies, I find myself crippled. It's not like I'm too weak, my rating on PO is 1084.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes of course!

Username: Kudos
Pokemon Showdown Username: Kudos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2:00; i will be available at random times during all day, but basically almost always during the morning and early afternoon
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Italy and I've been playing competitive pokèmon since February, with mixed results (hovering around high 1600). Aside from pokemon, I like reading and fixating on things until I reach a state of relative excellence in them. :D At the moment, I'm fixating on pokemon and i realized I couldn't improve my overall playing without a proper guide, both in teambuilding and battling.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely

I've 24 posts less than 25, so you can wonder why i should be tutored. Well, I couldn't think of any legitimate reason, apart from the fact I've always been pointed out as a fast learner in the subjects that interested me. Moreover, I plan on becoming a more active forum member as soon as I get a solid grasp on the basic concepts of battling.

Username: JaeDohSmith
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: JaeDohSmith
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3am-11pm EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU [if this is the standard]
Tell us a little about yourself: I am American & live in Florida. I have just begun to play competitively to deal with my problems with addiction. I have decided to become addicted to something like competitive Pokemon because I am a nerd @ heart who loves to work hard for good results. Most say I am either a troll or just a very charismatic person, depending on if they like me or not . I need a proper guide to fly me to the top (where I will be anyways) so I can destroy any opponent who dares vs the prodigy JaeDohSmith !!!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, let's do it !!

Brief Explanation: Yeah I have a little bit of posts but that should not stop you from deciding to tutor somebody like me! I WILL one day become the greatest ever & I am an extremely fast learner due to my work ethic! I will play up to 20 hours if need be to learn & sustain the strategies & whatever else a tutor would teach me. As soon as I found PO I knew I would be one of the greatest, if not the greatest of all time, but I need a tutor to show me the ropes and open the range of my extremely blinded vision right now ! I know I will be the greatest, I know whoever tutors me will never regret it fully, & I know I
am a better student than the rest of the tutees who posted because I have more faith than them in my ability to become the best ! Thank you for your time, kind people, and bless you all.
~The Legendary JaeDohSmith~

Username: GottaLoveMeloetta

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Meloetta<3V on Pokémon Showdown.

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1. I am mostly available after 18:00 in my timezone. In weekends, I am mostly always available. I am mostly on the Main Server of Pokémon Showdown, or on Joim`s Lab.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or BW2 UU or Tier Shift if possible.

Tell us a little about yourself: Hi! I am Meloetta<3V! I love playing Pokémon Showdown, but I am not really good yet. I am ready to learn everything! As you can see, my favourite Pokémon is Meloetta! Currently, I am also drawing Pokémon. But I fail horribly. But then I think: "If you keep doing it, you will become better at it!". Oh, and I love 1v1 battles and Keldeo too!
Also, I am learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript now. I hope I can help Pokémon Showdown! anytime soon! I don`t post alot because I don`t know how to build a correct team, or talk about the meta-game. I wish I can change that anytime soon!

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Ofcourse!

Username: Twelfth

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: Twelfth

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time (Currently UTC - 04:00). I'm available after 7:00 or 8:00 pm every week night, and on some weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: Primarily BW2 OU, though I wouldn't mind more experience in Ubers or UU.

Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively for several months, I suppose, though I feel I'm only scratching the surface. I consider myself good at OU, decent at random battles, and fairly weak in other areas. I want to make the jump from mid/upper level OU to truly competitive OU, so I'm looking for someone who really knows the OU tier. I've had some success creating my own teams and laddering on showdown, though the highest I've reached in OU was ~60th. Despite the fact that I'm happy with this and consider myself decent, I feel that I have a poor grasp of standard pokemon and how to build a standard team. This is the area in which I want help.

Besides pokemon and other internetly adventures, I enjoy reading fat political theory books, running in the woods, editing texts, doing graphic design, and playing frisbee.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutor? Yes

But you've not posted in the forums! This is true, I have not been an active member of Smogon on the forums as of now. I hope to change this in the coming weeks, by doing my first Rate My Team for my OU Trick Room team, and contributing in other places I feel my input could be valuable. As some others have mentioned, I've found it difficult to break into the forums when there are so many knowledgable and established posters who seem to have more to say than I do. I'm sure that once I've forced myself to become involved I'll find ways to contribute, so posts such as this are a way to start putting myself out there.

Username: The Unlucky one
Pokémon Online/Pokémon Showdown/Shoddy Username:The Unlucky one/superwii64cube
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, with school not happening now pretty much the whole day. Around Late May I will have a few schedule shifts.
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey I'm just a guy over here living in the Philippines. Nothing truly eventful happens in my life outside of gaming and occasional sports.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Yeah

Username: JakeNewmon

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: JakeNewmon

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 and I’m available any time from 6-10 PM most nights.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU, UU, OU, and Uber

Tell us a little about yourself: Well I’m 25 years old I’ve played Pokémon since RBY but did have a slight break during DPP since I was off in college but now I’m done with college and getting back into the swing of things. I want to learn how to competitively battle because I have never really been that good and so that I can help teach the kids at my local Pokémon league.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes would love to.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POST: So the main reason why I haven’t posted much is because I feel I don’t have very much to provide in terms of quality content even though I have been lurking for a long time. I am very quick learner when I am actually interested in something. I also love playing competitive Texas Holdem which I think in many ways is like competitive battling, you have to be aware of what you have, what your opponent may have and deal with a lot of predicting things with limited amount of information. I could go on forever on how Pokémon and holdem are similar but I don’t think there is space. If someone were to tutor me in Pokémon battling I’d be happy to tutor them in holdem. Anyways thanks for the consideration

Username: Blueman900
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Blueman900
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Eastern (GMT -4)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW (2) OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a athlete, not that that has anything to do w/ pkmn, I also have excellent grades, all honors, I'm a pokemon fanatic, i've played almost every pokemon game i can get my hands on. Also, I'm a Let's Player on youtube.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Although I've been playing pokemon since I was about 6, I've never been too great at competitive battling; I can't seem to get my formula perfected, and I'm not very good at balancing my team, as of yet. Positively, I am extremely competitive, and I am determined to get any combination of pokemon to work, and through this, I can be flexible and fit into any play style.

Username: Neon Kaiser
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Neon Kaiser
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, 4PM - 11PM. Also in the weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi. My first experience with 'competitive' (as in, actually caring about EVs and IVs as well as using only Level 100 Pokémon) Pokémon was with my friend and two Action Replays. We both had a DS, Diamond or Pearl and an Action Replay. It was really fun and after a while I stumbled upon the Smogon Analyses, which were amazing for me to use. I read a ton of DPP analyses and we continued playing for a while. After a while, it faded away until a few months ago. We started doing it again, but with Black and White instead of Diamond and Pearl. I used the analyses here again and I noticed the forum as well. I started lurking for a while and after a couple of weeks I decided I might join, so I did. While I have less than 25 posts, I do hope that I get accepted since I have been reading the Smogon analyses and articles for a long time and I have also been lurking for over a month.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: Tetz23
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/ Username: Tetz23
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3 - 5:20 pm weekdays and 9 am to 2 pm Saturdays GMT-6) GMT- 5 during Daylight Savings Time
What tier do you want to learn?: RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a noob to competitive battling and I need to improve with time to do it in.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

I'm applying here with fewer than 25 posts because I want to know how to build a team and everything else. I'm just not a lurker. Also, my tutor couldn't finish teaching me in Round 71, so I need to finish my tutoring.

Username: Icicle Fissh
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Icicle Fissh
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, after 5:30-11 pm weekdays. Most weekends throughout the day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU or DPP UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've been playing competitively for about a year now, and recently I have been good, but never good enough. I can hit 1800 on most ladders, but I just can't manage to beat players considered very good, and I could never hope to peak a ladder like UU, top 50 is all that has ever been within my reach. I recently achieved voice status thanks to the LC voice challenge, and I love to hang around main and Joim's lab battling occasionally. UU seemed like a ridiculously fun tier from my laddering experience, and it is one I would love to become more involved in, alongisde LC. Thanks for considering me!

Username: kaps
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Paper Mario
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central U.S. time. I'll have a job (hopefully), but I don't know exact hours yet. Otherwise I can make any time work provided it's not really late at night or I don't have a specific event
What tier do you want to learn?: B2W2 OU, but willing to learn any B2W2 tier if not enough tutors available.
Tell us a little about yourself: Just about finished with my first semester of college. I've been playing pokemon as long as I can remember; I believe I first got a gameboy color and pokemon blue version when I was six but it might have been even earlier. Never got too far into competitive battling though, but always wanted to.

I was skipped in rounds 63 and 71

Username: ThePillsburyDoughBoy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: doughboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU / BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: just your normal high school student waiting for summer. I run cross country and really enjoy playing basketball and soccer. Recently I have gotten into manga. I want to learn either BW2 UU or Ubers because I have been playing in OU for too long, but I can't get myself to enter into a new, big tier well.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Username: LilOuOn
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: LilOu, Reckless, etc.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. Afternoons, after school.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fucking god playing the guitar. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...I'm friendly :]
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.

Skipped Round 69, missed Round 70, 71, 72 and hope that 73 is going to be an exception.

Username: Ace Trainer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: AceTrainer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Around 9PM-3AM. I'm EST
Tell us a little about yourself: I played pokemon since Gold and Silver but i just played it for fun. I started playing competitively since DPP started and I enjoyed it. I'm a high school student and I go to school in Indiana. I like to read mystery novels and i want to do design. I play Baseball and basketball.

Skipped in Round 69

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just wanted to thank everyone for the great turnout. As always, some of the time zones were hard to matchup, but we did the best that we could. If you are having issues meeting with your tutee, mention that in your tutee thread, and we'll give you priority next round.

You are required to make a tutee talk thread within one week, no matter if any lessons have taken place or not. You will be subbed out for another applicant if no thread is made.

Tutor - Tutee [Metagame]

Annoyer – sickweare [BW NU]
Danilo – D4RR3N [ADV OU]
dragonuser – Regret [BW OU]
EBeast – Ticcyboy [BW NU]
Elevator Music – Governess [BW LC]
Funkasaurus – afterburn [ADV OU]
Giga Punch – Dr Ciel [BW Ubers]
H-C – Thursday [BW OU]
Hot N Cold - speed ghilliesniper [BW RU]
idiotfrommars – Issues [BW OU]
JabbaTheGriffin – Moony [ADV OU]
Jirachi – Firebreather [BW OU]
Kidogo – asbdsp [BW OU]
Lavos Spawn – AOE2 [BW OU]
Limitless- DHR-107 [BW OU]
M dragon – Spyder [ADV OU]
Molk – sora13 [BW RU]
prem – Flaresun [BW LC]
syrim – Metal Sonic [BW Ubers]
TEzeon – kaps [BW OU]
The Great Mighty Doom – Enguarde [BW OU]
Valentine – JayJay21 [BW OU]
Vinc2612 – lokt [DPP OU]
Windsong – ShellShocker [BW OU]
yee – 725roy [BW OU]

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The battling 101 staff has made posts in each tutee's thread regarding any further questions we have. Please look at your thread to see if we asked you any additional questions.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)