Apprentice Program: Round Eighty One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Pokemasta77
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokemasta77/En Fegit
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST and I am on a lot, mostly everyday after school
What tier do you want to learn?: Don't really care as long as it is XY. I just want to get back into playing!
Tell us a little about yourself: Not really much to say. Play pokemon on my free time. All my teams have at least 1(usually more) under-rated pokemon because I feel that most tiers are just the same teams over and over again. Simply put, I like to keep it fresh.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yep

Username:Aquasition
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Aquasition
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST(GMT-5), all day Saturday, 4-9 pm unless otherwise on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I suck at team building, despite being good at the actual battles. Also I don't think I've fully acclimated to XY Ubers yet, despite managing to get a good rank. This is due to me using a modified version of a friend's team.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'll try my best
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure

Username: 7Demented
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: 7Demented
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5); usually from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM on weekdays, all day Saturdays
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been starting to get into competitive battling since I completed W2 a couple months back. How I battle is usually based on my experience from the games, which doesn't transfer over well to the competitive stage very well. I understand the basics of teambuilding, but I want to get more in-depth with competitive battling, so I want to understand how to create a well-built team, along with predicting (which I'm finding out is really hard to for me to do well).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I will try to.
Why I should be tutored with under 25 posts: I have been playing Pokemon since I recieved FireRed for my tenth birthday. I am fully aware of basic game mechanics, which should make it much easier for me to understand the ideas and concepts presented in competitive battles. I also feel this will be a good way to be introduced to the Smogon community and become more involved in it.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: If I feel confident enough, then yes.

Last edited:
Username: Sidfrid
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Flo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4. Available almost all nights from 10:00 pm until dawn.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles / ADV NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Been competitive battling for a long while but want to improve my game. I got interested in the program because of this phrase:

Ojama said:
The Battling 101 program is meant to help those who need a slight push to reach their maximum potential, and so we will be following this from here on out.
I'm a regular in the Neverused Subforum and also avid TPCi Sanctioned format (so I have experience in doubles battling).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: For sure.

Username: Josh Krowe
Pokemon Showdown Username: Joshua Krow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 2:00-11:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:XY UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am totally new to anything competitive about Pokemon. making teams and sets. i know a little about EV and IV's but not enough to attempt
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: No. I'm not confident in my ability to battle yet :/
Why i should be tutored (25 or less posts): One of the reasons i am doing this is to help myself start being more apart of this community, and i think not only sharpening my skills is a good thing, but i get to meet a Tutor and Learn and be able to talk on the forums~.

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Krauersaut
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: I play mainly Showdown, but have access to PO if necessary.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST (GMT -7); From 16:00 to 21:00.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers.
Tell us a little about yourself: Whilst I'm seemingly a little bit young to be on the forums, I think my maturity exceeds my age... I'm a huge stickler for grammar, and I excel academically IRL. While I love sports and the outside, I'd always prefer to be inside, either playing games or just relaxing. Food is the best thing in the world ^_^ Also, I'm an admin on a gaming forum called "Fearless-Assassins", or "=F|A=" if you're wondering. That can be found at http://fearless-assassins.com.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I'm not entirely sure what this is, but I'm up for whatever "extra strings" this program has attached.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely, although I have one question; is it OU? I'm not bad at OU, so either way, I'm in.
Why I should be tutored: I know this isn't necessary, but since I'm barely above 25 posts, I feel like I should put it anyway. I started getting into competitive Pokémon back in B/W, in the Ubers tier, but was never really very decent at it. I drooped back out with B2/W2, not buying either the game or going on PO (at this time, PO is what I was using). Now, with X/Y, I decided to hop back aboard the Pokétrain, and I'm ready to learn with commitment and have fun doing it. :D

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Just wanted to thank everyone for the great turnout. As always, some of the time zones were hard to matchup, but we did the best that we could. If you are having issues meeting with your tutee, mention that in your tutee thread, and we'll give you priority next round.

You are required to make a tutee talk thread within one week, no matter if any lessons have taken place or not. You will be subbed out for another applicant if no thread is made.

Tutor - Tutee [Metagame]

Jirachee - ArcanineDog [XY OU]
GaryTheGengar - Pwnemon [XY OU]
Ojama - TPO3 [XY OU]
Trinitrotoluene - uʍopǝpısdn [XY OU]
BlankZero - swhannell [XY Doubles]
Fuzznip - 725roy [XY OU]
Manaphy - moonbase [XY Ubers]
Metal Sonic - Debury [XY OU]
ShootingStarmie - indian [XY OU]
Ace Emerald - TRC. [XY OU]
Raseri - Metal Sonic [XY LC]
Dice - D4RR3N [XY Ubers]
BKC - youngjake93 [DPP OU]
Molk - Level100Afroman [XY OU]
Remedy - ogasian [XY OU]
col49 - Sully5443 [XY OU]
Treecko - Ausgirl [XY OU]
dragonuser - AwsomeBiz [XY OU]
Danilo - AuraRayquaza [ADV OU]
Funkasaurus - kleine [ADV OU]
dcae - ARabidzombiE [XY LC]
youngjake93 - Rexsaurus [XY Doubles]
Heysup - Ultimathunder [XY LC]
Malekith - ABaker [BW UU]
Audiosurfer - StarmanXL [XY Doubles]
DTC - PumpHead [XY LC]
Mizuhime - Snowflakes [XY Doubles]
Laga - sugarhigh [XY Doubles]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)