Anything Goes Viability Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Befall

Banned deucer.
Few suggestions I have right now for the viability thread..

Move Mega Mewtwo-Y to B+ as it is totally outclassed by LifeOrb Mewtwo and doesn't take up a mega spot. (imo should be unranked)

Secondly move down Ho-oh to A- because the Pokemon doesn't have great defense when ekiller runs rampant and it requires utility and otherwise is crippled by SR

Next I would suggest Mewtwo to move to A and take MM2-Y spot on the viability thread just because it hits hard and outclasses a identical mon that is at A

Arceus should move to A imo as it cripples more balanced teams boasting immunities to toxic and being able to handle beat xeneas and diancie. (To S rank threats)

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion

Move Mega Mewtwo-Y to B+ as it is totally outclassed by LifeOrb Mewtwo and doesn't take up a mega spot. (imo should be unranked)

Secondly move down Ho-oh to A- because the Pokemon doesn't have great defense when ekiller runs rampant and it requires utility and otherwise is crippled by SR

Next I would suggest Mewtwo to move to A and take MM2-Y spot on the viability thread just because it hits hard and outclasses a identical mon that is at A

Arceus should move to A imo as it cripples more balanced teams boasting immunities to toxic and being able to handle beat xeneas and diancie. (To S rank threats)
I think you have the wrong idea about the viability rankings. Just because a pokemon is outclassed by another, it doesn't mean it requires to be unranked. E.g. Octillery is ranked for moody, but Smeargle and Glalie are definitely better users of it. Even though all of them are fairly bad anyway.

Ho-Oh isn't for countering or checking EKiller. It is a special wall, capable of firing out heavy Sacred Fire damage, which can burn and suppress EKiller in certain scenarios. Ho-Oh is definitely deserving of its rank. The stealth rock damage is a pain, but there are ways around that allow Ho-Oh to be viable. We might as well say Talonflame isn't OU viable because of rocks.

Mewtwo does deserve a higher rank tho, MMY has the Insomnia niche Funbot28 stated earlier. Actually the difference isn't too noticeable, maybe the same rank would be fair.

Edit: I just saw your arceus comment. You clearly have no understanding of the metagame.

Edit2: Pachy alerted me to you meaning Arceus-Steel, I can agree with that. Also, I meant Mewtwo should have a higher rank than MMY, not a higher rank in general.

Last edited:

I think you have the wrong idea about the viability rankings. Just because a pokemon is outclassed by another, it doesn't mean it requires to be unranked. E.g. Octillery is ranked for moody, but Smeargle and Glalie are definitely better users of it. Even though all of them are fairly bad anyway.

Ho-Oh isn't for countering or checking EKiller. It is a special wall, capable of firing out heavy Sacred Fire damage, which can burn and suppress EKiller in certain scenarios. Ho-Oh is definitely deserving of its rank. The stealth rock damage is a pain, but there are ways around that allow Ho-Oh to be viable. We might as well say Talonflame isn't OU viable because of rocks.

Mewtwo does deserve a higher rank tho, MMY has the Insomnia niche Funbot28 stated earlier. Actually the difference isn't too noticeable, maybe the same rank would be fair.

Edit: I just saw your arceus comment. You clearly have no understanding of the metagame.
Ok. Zangooser, I think he was meaning for Arceus Steel to move up from A- to A, as he mentioned its immunity to Toxic and its ability to "beat" Xerneas and Mega Diancie even though he should have been much more clear about it. I'm just going to say that I don't believe Mewtwo or Mega Mewtwo should raise, and instead MMY should drop down to at least regular Mewtwo and all Mewtwo's stay at B+.
And Ho-oh is perfect where it is at. No questions asked, Regenerator helps Ho-oh from Stealth Rocks and Sacred Fire is such a great move to recover for its low defense.

Befall

Banned deucer.
Sorry about my shoddy typing, I was half asleep when I wrote this. I did mean arceus steel I just forgot to mention it. As for a viability thread if something is totally outclassed by another Pokemon for example Blissey outclassing Chansey in ubers then it doesn't deserve to be ranked. MM2-Y has the niche of Insimnia so it deserves to be B or B+ where ever MM2-X and Metwo should take its place

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Yea I understand your Blissey Chansey argument, but that's only because they do the exact same thing. MMY can stop Darkrai setup, M2 cannot. MMY doesn't have eleven turns to live. But the only thing Blissey has is the ability to hold an item such as leftys, whereas Chansey with Eviolite is superior in every way except recovering from residual and status damage where they both have access to Heal Bell. My octillery argument is kinda invalid, sorry for that.

Can someone explain to me why skarmory is only C+? It's probably the best switch in to ekiller in the meta + can use whirlwind to get it out.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ok so I have decide to create a new AG Viability Rankings Council consisting of the following members:
We will be deciding and discussing the rankings from this point on. We have already discussed a change of removing the S- and S+ Ranks resulting in this:

Code:
Arceus-Normal: S+ to S
Klefki: S- to S
Darkrai: S- to A+
Diancie-Mega: S- to A+
Lugia: S- to A+
Discuss new nomination that will be decided between me and the council.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Double posting...

I have also decided to start making analyses for mons in the rankings sort of like Monotype and 1v1 do with there rankings. It would work with a first come first serve reservation service. If an analyses is already done or reserved, please do not create another one of the same pokemon.

Here is an analyses I created for Arceus-Normal. The Analyses should follow in this format:

Arceus-Normal for S-Rank

Overview:

Arceus-Normal is considered a top tier threat in the Anything Goes environment for many good reasons. Boosting 120 stats across the board adding up to a bst of 720, it is one of the most strongest non-mega pokemon in the entire meta. It possesses an expansive movepool, giving it the option to run a variety of sets. It is also considered one of the best, if not the best revenge killers in the entire meta, thanks to STAB priority Extreme Speed. It can effectively sweep teams when it's checks and counters are taken out or weakened, after setting up with Swords Dance. It pairs well with Primal-Groudon, as they each deal with eachothers checks quite prominently, as Primal-Groudon is able to deal with burns that Arceus really loathes. However, not everything is good for Arceus in the AG metagame. It has tight competition with Mega-Rayquaza as a setup sweeper, due to the ladder also having Swords Dance and Extreme Speed while also boasting a higher 180 Attack stat. It also has problems dealing with Klefki when it's Lum Berry has been already consumed, relying on luck to take it out.

Sets:

Arceus @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw / Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Moves:

The prime set that every AG team must prepare for in order to be effective. Swords Dance combined with Extreme Speed makes Arceus-Normal truly menacing in this metagame. After a boost, it can easily 2HKO prominent walls in Defensive Yveltal and Primal-Groudon. Extreme Speed helps it check many setup sweepers like Geomancy Xerneas and Nasty Plot Darkrai, as it will ignore the opponent's Speed. Earthquake is there to hit Steel and Rock types that may wall Arceus like Mega Diancie, Dialga and Arceus-Rock, it is also used to deal more damage to Primal-Groudon. Shadow Claw is to cope with Ghosts that tend to switch in on Arceus like Giratina-O and Arceus-Ghost, and even to deal more damage to walls like Lugia. Stone Edge can be used to hit bulky Flying types like Ho-Oh, Yveltal and Lugia.

Set Details:

The EVs are set in place to maximize it's Attack and Speed, making it deal the most damage it can, the fast as possible. Jolly nature is preferred to outpace Adamant Arceus, and other key threats like the Lati twins and Mega-Rayquaza. Lum Berry is the most used items to deal with Klefki and Darkrai more easily, or other status ailments like burns. Life Orb can be used to deal more damage, OHKOing more pokemon compared to Lum Berry.

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Refresh
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

Moves:

Refresh Arceus allows it to take status more easily, without it needing to run items like Lum Berry. Swords Dance is there to maximize Arceus's Attack, coupled with Extreme Speed to easily take out opposing mons without worry. Shadow Claw is there to deal with Ghosts like Giratina-O and Arceus-Ghost.

Set Details:

Maximize Attack and Speed with a Jolly nature, so it can Speed tie with opposing Arceus. Silk Scarf is preferred over Life Orb for longevity, boosting the power of Extreme Speed without recoil damage.

Checks and Counters:

Klefki: Without Earthquake, Klefki can easily wall Arceus. If it's Lum Berry is consumed, Klefki can hax the Arceus to death with Thunder Wave and Swagger coupled with Foul Play. Refresh variants have an easier time with it, but still have to worry about Foul Play damage.

Mega-Rayquaza: Mega-Rayquaza can take a Jolly +2 Extreme Speed, and proceed to deal heavy amounts of damage with a Dragons Ascent. It can also revenge kill it easily if the Arceus is Adamant, and the Mega-Rayquaza is Jolly.

Defensive Yveltal: Yveltal survives anything except +2 Life Orb Stone Edge, which has a small chance to OHKO from full health and is a guaranteed KO after Stealth Rock. Yveltal can OHKO +2 Arceus-Normal in return with Black Glasses-boosted Foul Play or KO with Foul Play after Stealth Rock damage, a round of Rocky Helmet recoil or a round of Life Orb recoil.

Giratina-Origin: With proper investment, Giratina-O can survive a +2 Shadow Claw after Stealth Rock and can either cripple Arceus-Normal with Will-O-Wisp or phaze it with Dragon Tail.

Lugia: Lugia is insurmountable if its Multiscale is intact, easily phazing Arceus-Normal. It can also Roost back to Multiscale even while taking +2 Shadow Claws. However, +2 Life Orb Stone Edge can OHKO after Stealth Rock.

Will-O-Wisp Arceus: Arceus formes such as Ground and Fairy can take a +2 attack and burn Arceus-Normal with Will-O-Wisp, crippling it. Arceus-Rock resists Extreme Speed but risks losing the speed tie and getting KOed by +2 Earthquake.

Sableye: Sableye can Prankster Will-O-Wisp to cripple Arceus and can deal severe damage with Foul Play, OHKOing if Arceus tries to Swords Dance again after getting burned. Mega Sableye can also take a +2 Life Orb Earthquake and retaliate with Foul Play or Will-O-Wisp.

Mega Gengar: Mega Gengar outspeeds Arceus-Normal and can either heavily damage it with Focus Blast or give its life to take Arceus-Normal down with Destiny Bond. It is outsped and KOed by Jolly variants if it has not already Mega Evolved, however.

Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Scizor: Skarmory completely walls any Arceus variant without a Fire move, phazing it while barely taking a scratch. Scizor can take a +2 Earthquake reasonably well and deal heavy damage to Arceus with Superpower. Ferrothorn can rack up residual damage on Arceus-Normal with Leech Seed, Iron Barbs, and Protect, but it does not take +2 Earthquake very well and runs the risk of letting Arceus set up Swords Dance on its Protects. All three of these Steel-types are also promptly KOed by Fire Blast or Overheat.

Feel free to right your own analyses that will be featured in the VR, once it's approved :)

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can cut out about a fourth of the analysis by condensing the checks and counters into how it's normally done, which is going by groups instead of mon by mon. Up you could say "ghost types" and then go on to say "they're immune to Espeed and megagar can do a lot with focus blast while sab burns" and have another section for steels that briefly touches on skarmory/Ferrothorn/Klefki, etc. That should help keep it short and easy since they're not full analyses. I also don't know why this is necessary since the majority of the mons have the same sets in Ubers and writing up things like arc normal seems redundant but w/e

to add to what Zangooser said your arguments are pretty terribad. You treat it like E-Killer is a complete counter to Ho-Oh when it can't even safely switchin and *has a chance not to 2hko/ohko at +2*. As for Mewtwo, I wouldn't say that it actually outclasses Mega-Y due to its higher speed,special bulk and Insomnia, but it has pretty big opportunity cost. Arceus-Steel cannot actually beat GeoXern either even 1v1:
4 SpA Iron Plate Arceus-Steel Judgment vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 308-366 (70.1 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO or Iron Head but they are basically the same
then Xerneas proceeds to Geomancy resulting in Focus Blast OHKOing Arceus-Steel.

Yea I understand your Blissey Chansey argument, but that's only because they do the exact same thing. MMY can stop Darkrai setup, M2 cannot. MMY doesn't have eleven turns to live. But the only thing Blissey has is the ability to hold an item such as leftys, whereas Chansey with Eviolite is superior in every way except recovering from residual and status damage where they both have access to Heal Bell. My octillery argument is kinda invalid, sorry for that.
Are you saying that Chansey>Blissey when Mega Gengar exists?

Last edited:

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Are you saying that Chansey>Blissey when Mega Gengar exists?
No, you really shouldn't use either. I really don't get how Blissey is supposed to function better than Chansey will against a MegaGar. What is the Blissey going to do to it?

Thankyou for agreeing with me for once, :P

No, you really shouldn't use either. I really don't get how Blissey is supposed to function better than Chansey will against a MegaGar. What is the Blissey going to do to it?

I thought it was more about the ability to run shed shell or shadow ball to "play around" shadow tag.

But the question would be rather, what is Blissey is going to do to the rest of the tier since all Special Attackers can bypass it in some way.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nomming (regular) Kyogre from C to B.

Regular kyogre. It has potential to run lum, specs or some other niche set I suppose but it's real niche is scarf. Scarf Ogre is a powerful force in this meta, and definitely deserving of a rise to B imo.

First, let's compare it to the mons in the ranks. C rank consists of Electriceus, Deo-s, Drifblim, Forretress, Liepard, Mega Luke, Palkia, Mega Bro and Tyranitar. B rank consists of Aegi, Dialga, Espeon, Gliscor, Greninja, Regular Don (reg ogre and reg don together at last kek), 'tran, Mega Kanga, Lando-t and Mega-Mence.
Breaking that down, you can see clearly P-ogre is leagues above the other C mons. Electriceus and Mega Luke are literally trash and I can't think of 1 team I'd put any of them on viably. The others have minute uses such as drifblim on baton pass or mega bro on stall, but in general they are just pretty bad.
Looking at the B mons, they're all somewhat useful in their own ways, for example espeon as the ideal baton pass team finale, regular don as a rock lead that isnt weak to ground and can hold an item unlike pdon, etc. Non primal ogre fits in great here, because it does have a great niche. It is an incredibly fast and powerful special attacker.

Scarf Ogre can do a lot of things primal ogre can't. I'll start by saying what I think is the most viable set for it.
Pop (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse/Sheer Cold/Scald/Surf

It looks pretty standard. Modest because there is nothing +spe outspeeds that matters. Water Spout, Thunder and Ice Beam are staples of it and can't really be replaced. Origin pulse is my preferred move, but if you don't have the balls for the miss then you can go for scald or surf. Another option is sheer cold, and while I don't like to gamble with hax it can be an all-or-nothing late game saving grace if you're backed up into a wall and losing. Up to you.

Some benefits scarf ogre has over primal: Outspeeds and OHKO's Xern, Mega Gengar, and a whole lot of other things. 50/50's with Ditto, which is quite useful but more importantly than that you can use it to gain momentum with ditto because you force them to thunder which in turn can be a free switch and you can gain momentum. Based 90 really isn't great, so a scarf patches that up. Allows Ice Beam to hit ray, although it doesn't ohko even after rocks it does put them at around 10% which is easy kill range. Opp also can't know it's scarf from team preview rather than primal, so they won't save their scarf checks and that can fuck them over.

I could write this post for another hour but tbh I think I covered everything. In general scarf ogre is on par with B mons and is quite useful in AG.

I'd argue eviolite chansey is C+/C and sashed blissey is D in AG actually. HunterStorm can tell you about that time I was facing an annoying as balls stall team in AG and had a +3/+3 megaray, and a sashed blissey with counter fed me my lunch. In general though it does have a niche in AG albeit a poor one. Eviolite chansey still walls a ton of special attackers, it's definitely C+/C material. It compliments gira-o and ferro quite well on stall.

Nomming (regular) Kyogre from C to B.

Regular kyogre. It has potential to run lum, specs or some other niche set I suppose but it's real niche is scarf. Scarf Ogre is a powerful force in this meta, and definitely deserving of a rise to B imo.

First, let's compare it to the mons in the ranks. C rank consists of Electriceus, Deo-s, Drifblim, Forretress, Liepard, Mega Luke, Palkia, Mega Bro and Tyranitar. B rank consists of Aegi, Dialga, Espeon, Gliscor, Greninja, Regular Don (reg ogre and reg don together at last kek), 'tran, Mega Kanga, Lando-t and Mega-Mence.
Breaking that down, you can see clearly P-ogre is leagues above the other C mons. Electriceus and Mega Luke are literally trash and I can't think of 1 team I'd put any of them on viably. The others have minute uses such as drifblim on baton pass or mega bro on stall, but in general they are just pretty bad.
Looking at the B mons, they're all somewhat useful in their own ways, for example espeon as the ideal baton pass team finale, regular don as a rock lead that isnt weak to ground and can hold an item unlike pdon, etc. Non primal ogre fits in great here, because it does have a great niche. It is an incredibly fast and powerful special attacker.

Scarf Ogre can do a lot of things primal ogre can't. I'll start by saying what I think is the most viable set for it.
Pop (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse/Sheer Cold/Scald/Surf

It looks pretty standard. Modest because there is nothing +spe outspeeds that matters. Water Spout, Thunder and Ice Beam are staples of it and can't really be replaced. Origin pulse is my preferred move, but if you don't have the balls for the miss then you can go for scald or surf. Another option is sheer cold, and while I don't like to gamble with hax it can be an all-or-nothing late game saving grace if you're backed up into a wall and losing. Up to you.

Some benefits scarf ogre has over primal: Outspeeds and OHKO's Xern, Mega Gengar, and a whole lot of other things. 50/50's with Ditto, which is quite useful but more importantly than that you can use it to gain momentum with ditto because you force them to thunder which in turn can be a free switch and you can gain momentum. Based 90 really isn't great, so a scarf patches that up. Allows Ice Beam to hit ray, although it doesn't ohko even after rocks it does put them at around 10% which is easy kill range. Opp also can't know it's scarf from team preview rather than primal, so they won't save their scarf checks and that can fuck them over.

I could write this post for another hour but tbh I think I covered everything. In general scarf ogre is on par with B mons and is quite useful in AG.

I'd argue eviolite chansey is C+/C and sashed blissey is D in AG actually. HunterStorm can tell you about that time I was facing an annoying as balls stall team in AG and had a +3/+3 megaray, and a sashed blissey with counter fed me my lunch. In general though it does have a niche in AG albeit a poor one. Eviolite chansey still walls a ton of special attackers, it's definitely C+/C material. It compliments gira-o and ferro quite well on stall.
I support Kyogre moving up, but only to B-. I just can't see the idea of Ogre raising up and being with MegaMence or Dialga or Kang Mega or really any of these mons. In the B rank, Kyogre would probably be the worst pokemon in there, while it fits better in B-. Similar to Terrakion, it's one of those things that have a niche in OHKO'ing a select amount of pokemon. I feel like the Terrakion argument from Zangooser is extremely similar to this argument, and I believe that Ogre and Terrakion should share a similar placing.

As for the Chansey, Blissey argument, I honestly feel like both should just be placed in C or some sub rank of C where they are the same ranking. Now that Mega Gengar is losing popularity because the meta changes weren't good to it at all, less and less people are using Mega Gengar. And that percentage of people who run Perish song on Mega Gengar dwindles. Both Blissey and Chansey don't really do much against Mega Gengar and vice versa. Unless MGengar carries Perish Song, MGengar can't do anything to either. Focus Blast does literally nothing even with a blistering 170 Special Attack. Although Chansey is susceptible to Knock Off, you don't really see that much Knock Off in AG. Maybe Yvletal carries it or even Sableye Mega, but honestly, the bulk that Chansey has over Blissey with Eviolite cleans up for it. They deserve to be in the same rank really. One might be better than the other, but rank wise, they should be in the same ranking.

Alright, it's been a while since I've recommended here, but I've got a few.

Deoxys-A to A-
Due to Deoxys-A's formidable speed, only beaten by a select few mons, it can drop a near guaranteed Stealth Rock before dishing out terrifyingly strong attacks with its massive Atk and SpAtk stats. Due to its speed, its low health and defenses make no difference in its usefulness, as it can pull through with a Focus Sash to KO opposing leads after Stealth Rocking. I don't have access to the damage calculator right now, but in my battles, using a 252 EV SpAtk Deo-A, Psycho Boost can OHKO Primal Groudon, which is a significant achievement.

Kanghaskhan-Mega to B-
Kanghaskhan has a formidable ability in parental bond, which can be useful in several situations. However, due to its issues regarding speed, Kanghaskhan cannot effectively sweep teams, which is its only purpose in the current meta. I have not personally used Kanghaskhan, but when facing it it is always easy to deal with, due to its lack of speed and its need for set-up moves such as Power-Up-Punch.

Zekrom to B
Zekrom possesses a formidable attack stat, allowing it to OHKO and 2HKO some of the largest threats in the meta, such as Pogre and Lugia. Scarfed, it can outspeed most of the meta, allowing it to comfortably take a role as a revenge killer or late-game sweeper, due to its lack of reliance on team-mates.

Well, that's it!

Deoxys-A to A-
Due to Deoxys-A's formidable speed, only beaten by a select few mons, it can drop a near guaranteed Stealth Rock before dishing out terrifyingly strong attacks with its massive Atk and SpAtk stats. Due to its speed, its low health and defenses make no difference in its usefulness, as it can pull through with a Focus Sash to KO opposing leads after Stealth Rocking. I don't have access to the damage calculator right now, but in my battles, using a 252 EV SpAtk Deo-A, Psycho Boost can OHKO Primal Groudon, which is a significant achievement.

Kanghaskhan-Mega to B-
Kanghaskhan has a formidable ability in parental bond, which can be useful in several situations. However, due to its issues regarding speed, Kanghaskhan cannot effectively sweep teams, which is its only purpose in the current meta. I have not personally used Kanghaskhan, but when facing it it is always easy to deal with, due to its lack of speed and its need for set-up moves such as Power-Up-Punch.

Zekrom to B
Zekrom possesses a formidable attack stat, allowing it to OHKO and 2HKO some of the largest threats in the meta, such as Pogre and Lugia. Scarfed, it can outspeed most of the meta, allowing it to comfortably take a role as a revenge killer or late-game sweeper, due to its lack of reliance on team-mates.

Well, that's it!
200th post unless I got sniped! ;c
Disagree with 1st & 2nd, but agree with your 3rd.
Deo-A is a great lead, but usually when you spot a Deo-A, it's almost always going to be a lead. So you bring in something that can counter it, like Arceus or Lugia. After switching out Deo-A, if the opponent gets Hazards up, Deo-A loses its focus sash, which I'm going to assume you run or else you basically die from Espeed Arceus or MRay. Its attack power is great, but in my opinion, not enough. I would never send my PrimalG against up a Deo-A, but its counters and obvious spotlight as a lead makes it a worse lead.

Kang-Mega is incredible in my opinion. It can beat PrimalG in a 1v1. It can beat Espeed Arceus if it carries Drain Punch or otherwise do an incredible chunk to it. It can Fake out Smeargle or Deo-A. It can Sucker Punch every single Deoxys + Lugia + Mewtwo. Drain Punch is actually pretty good recovery. After one Power up Punch, this thing OHKO's Yvletal after +2 w/ Fake Out + Return combo.

+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 361-427 (79.3 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Now there's the thing about Rocky Helmet, but at least it still takes down Yvletal. Earthquake can be used to destroy Klefki. It does a solid chunk to Xerneas. I think it OHKO's MegaRay with Fake out + Return Combo, but don't quote me on that. But even if, it'll do an incredible amount of damage to it and then Stealth Rocks will probably assist in it accomplishing some KO's.
It's fine at B, and I was about to suggest it to move up to B+, but I don't think MegaKan should move down.

Zekrom should be moved from B- to B. For most of the reasons you stated above and because Scarf Zekrom destroys both of the notorious Defensive Walls, Yvletal & Lugia, but gets "sort" of countered by PrimalG because it doesn't get 2 hit KO'ed by Outrage.

200th post unless I got sniped! ;c
Disagree with 1st & 2nd, but agree with your 3rd.
Deo-A is a great lead, but usually when you spot a Deo-A, it's almost always going to be a lead. So you bring in something that can counter it, like Arceus or Lugia. After switching out Deo-A, if the opponent gets Hazards up, Deo-A loses its focus sash, which I'm going to assume you run or else you basically die from Espeed Arceus or MRay. Its attack power is great, but in my opinion, not enough. I would never send my PrimalG against up a Deo-A, but its counters and obvious spotlight as a lead makes it a worse lead.

Kang-Mega is incredible in my opinion. It can beat PrimalG in a 1v1. It can beat Espeed Arceus if it carries Drain Punch or otherwise do an incredible chunk to it. It can Fake out Smeargle or Deo-A. It can Sucker Punch every single Deoxys + Lugia + Mewtwo. Drain Punch is actually pretty good recovery. After one Power up Punch, this thing OHKO's Yvletal after +2 w/ Fake Out + Return combo.

+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 361-427 (79.3 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Now there's the thing about Rocky Helmet, but at least it still takes down Yvletal. Earthquake can be used to destroy Klefki. It does a solid chunk to Xerneas. I think it OHKO's MegaRay with Fake out + Return Combo, but don't quote me on that. But even if, it'll do an incredible amount of damage to it and then Stealth Rocks will probably assist in it accomplishing some KO's.
It's fine at B, and I was about to suggest it to move up to B+, but I don't think MegaKan should move down.

Zekrom should be moved from B- to B. For most of the reasons you stated above and because Scarf Zekrom destroys both of the notorious Defensive Walls, Yvletal & Lugia, but gets "sort" of countered by PrimalG because it doesn't get 2 hit KO'ed by Outrage.
First up, OMFG someone finally agreed with the Zekrom promotion, this is the first time ever. YISS

More seriously, I'm going to argue with your analysis of my proposed Kanga demotion. First up-Kanga beat PrimalG in a 1v1? I do not see how this works. I still cannot access the damage calc, but I'm fairly sure that PrimalG can OHKO with Precipice Blades, not to mention that some builds can outspeed. As for Yveltal, Kanga at +2 atk is OHKO'ed by Foul Play.

I find less fault with your opinions on Deo-A, but I still believe that my recommendation makes sense. First, as a lead, hazards do not affect Deoxys-A, so this is not a viable point. Secondly, this sort of counter-leading, such as Arceus or Lugia being forced in is one of the wonders of Deoxys-A, it doesn't so much act as a general lead, but it prevents every single sensible hazard setter from coming in. Even a hazard setter Arceus can be played around, setting stealth rock and waiting for the right moment to drop something like superpower.
Zekrom is the sexiest, most badass mon in the entire tier and deserves S rank because of this.

Chloe

NUPL Champion
Your requested calcs, sir.

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 72-85 (19.3 - 22.7%)
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 234-276 (62.7 - 73.9%)

And then, most people run 248 HP if I'm not mistaken. So, its even less damage. With speed investment, I can see it happening but it's really risky and not at all a great way to check Primal Don. So here's a more accurate set:

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 72-85 (17.8 - 21%)
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 234-276 (58 - 68.4%)

Primal Don can OHKO you after rocks damage, but if it doesn't the Kang can win. Kang is faster with the adamant nature I input.

252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 274-324 (78 - 92.3%)

Kang wins most of the time.

Deo-A works wonders, I don't have enough time to read your post efficiently because I'm in Software class right now.

You're kind of making me want to try and build around Zekrom.

Your requested calcs, sir.

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 72-85 (19.3 - 22.7%)
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 234-276 (62.7 - 73.9%)

And then, most people run 248 HP if I'm not mistaken. So, its even less damage. With speed investment, I can see it happening but it's really risky and not at all a great way to check Primal Don. So here's a more accurate set:

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 72-85 (17.8 - 21%)
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 234-276 (58 - 68.4%)

Primal Don can OHKO you after rocks damage, but if it doesn't the Kang can win. Kang is faster with the adamant nature I input.

252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 274-324 (78 - 92.3%)

Kang wins most of the time.

Deo-A works wonders, I don't have enough time to read your post efficiently because I'm in Software class right now.

You're kind of making me want to try and build around Zekrom.
Agree, Kang isnt' a counter to PrimalG. But it can beat it every time using your calcs. 68 + 21 = 89. 89 + 12 = 101 > 100. Therefore, because you mention rocks, I can use the same argument. Therefore, MKang does beat PrimalG in a 1v1. xD
Additionally, of course a significant amount of PrimalG's use Precipice Blades, a lot do carry Equake which won't KO even after Rocks.
It's true, my Deo-A argument was kind of bs, but I just don't see it being up in A-. It does require a decent amount of support from its teammates. And this is also bias from my perspective because I run Arceus with 252 Def, so Superpower + Espeed combo doesn't kill my Arceus when Deoxys isn't Adamant.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Deoxys-A to A-

Kanghaskhan-Mega to B-

Zekrom to B

Well, that's it!
I do not support deo-a moving up. Honestly it would take more effort to strangle a baby rabbit with a bone disease than it would to kill deo-a, it's so fragile. It's such an easy predict as lead, it makes cleading very easy. It can OHKO a LOT of the tier with the right coverage, yeah, but it also get's ohko'd by pretty much all of it. And what exactly do you do if pdon is running max spd and hp investment? That is enough to tank a psycho boost and more than OHKO back, and that spread isn't even overly uncommon.
Is deo-a decent? Yes. Is it A (A-) tier? No.

I strongly agree dropping mega kanga is a great idea. Mega kangashkan is pretty trash in this tier. First of all, switch into yveltal and that megakanga is now a quarter dead! At least half dead because it takes at LEAST 4 hits for you to die. Oh and this is after rocks. Besides bulky yveltal though, in general it is just quite underwhelming. It really doesn't beat anything noteworthy at all in AG. Fake out is a decent revenging move, but that's about as far as it's usefulness goes. It's reliant on PuP'ing at least once to really make an impact and it's speed tier leaves much to be desired. Can anyone actually link a single replay of mega kanga putting in work against any good player? It's just terrible lol. B- is even overselling it imo.

I agree with Zekrom rising. Zekrom is a very underrated threat in AG. It can put in a ton of work against a lot of good teams. I'm not really going to explain much here because I've never used it personally, but zekrom in general is just very good in AG. B suits it fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)