Analysis Counters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I'm starting to battle in UU tier now because OU tier has proved too 'predictable' for me. I always read most of pokemons pages before making my team, and I'm finding very hard to do so for one simple problem:

'The analysis counter'.

You see, many pokes in UU have their page designed for OU, let's take Torterra for example:

Primarily this is a defensive set, but Wood Hammer and Earthquake still do plenty of damage, despite the lack of Attack EVs. Stone Edge can replace Earthquake if you want to put a nice dent in an incoming Salamence, Abomasnow or Staraptor, although this will make it easier for Fire-types like Infernape and Heatran to come in. Leech Seed is a great move as always, and works nicely alongside Stealth Rock. The floating rocks help to wear down the opposing team if they switch out of their Leech Seed prison. If you have another team member to set up Stealth Rock, Protect is a good alternative. It helps regain HP with Leftovers and Leech Seed, and scouts what the likes of Heracross and Salamence are planning to do. Reflect and Light Screen are also good options in the last slot.
All the 'treats' mentioned are from OU/BL, but Torterra's tier is UU, so why his counter list only states OU pokemon? Take a look at the 'Counter' section from Torterra's page:

CountersSkarmory, with its legendary Defense, is the best overall counter since it is not weak to any of Torterra's offensive options, and it can pseudo-haze away any subbing variants while laying down Spikes and Stealth Rock. Bronzong will shrug off anything Torterra can muster as well, although CB hits from Superpower can take their toll, and SubSeed sets can easily drain its HP.
Defensive Grass-types like Celebi and Tangrowth can get in easily on most attacks, although CB Crunch will wear down Celebi. Breloom resists all of Torterra's attacks barring Superpower, but as it has low Defense, switching into CB hits from Earthquake and Wood Hammer will do a lot of damage (enough to 2HKO in most cases). Obviously, all these Grass-types have the advantage of being immune to Leech Seed. Cresselia can handle Wood Hammer decently, although she may be risking getting worn down by SubSeeding if she is slower than Torterra.
Salamence, Dragonite, Gengar, Staraptor and Heracross are more offensive minded counters. Just keep them away from CB Stone Edge (and Crunch in Gengar's case).
Skarmory? Bronzong? Celebi? Breloom? Cresselia? Salamence? Dragonite? Gengar? Staraptor? Heracross?
From all the counters mentioned, only Tangrowth is from the same tier.

Ok, I'm not here long enough to know if Torterra was once a OU, but I do believe that if he's UU now, his page should be 'UU Related'.

I'll list some of the pokes that I found with the same problem:

- Tangrowth
- Charizard
- Espeon
- Honchkrow

- Magmortar

[I had not checked ALL pokes, this small list I've made in 3 minutes, just visiting the 'most awesome' (in my opinion) UU pokes until the letter 'M']

Finally, my suggestion is:

Make the UU pokes page 'UU related', since the UU metagame is so different, I would appreciate more to read about it's counters. I mean, I know for FACT that Espeon is scared of T-Tar's pursuits. What I don't know, is what poses a treat to him in UU besides Honchkrow.

Well... They're currently working on this. Go look at the contributions and corrections thread.

EDIT: Holy shit, you posted this IN C&C... There's the subform Project: UU. How'd you do that?

Well... They're currently working on this. Go look at the contributions and corrections thread.

EDIT: Holy shit, you posted this IN C&C... There's the subform Project: UU. How'd you do that?
Damn, how stupid I was XD
Sorry, I wasn't aware of the Project UU, I tought it was something for new movesets and such. Sorry for the useless suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)