[AMA] Jellicent

Status
Not open for further replies.

This Ask Me Anything (AMA) thread is a resource provided to you by the Smogon Mentorship Program. In it, feel free to ask this mentor about anything you'd like. They're most prepared to answer Smogon-related questions, but don't be afraid to ask them about their personality and life outside of this site. Have some patience when you post a question in this thread; it will likely take the mentor a few days to reply. If you're looking for our up-to-date list of mentors, check out our Mentor Profiles onsite. Read through their relevant information below, and enjoy!

Username: Jellicent

Areas of Expertise: C&C, The Smog, The Competitor, Ruins of Alph, and Orange Islands

Background: I'm a GP co-leader and head of The Competitor and RoA. I've also done various articles for C&C and The Smog, as well as hosted various forum projects and mini-tournaments.

Hobbies: Writing, drinking, watching bad horror movies, and listening to good music. Hit me up if you dig post-punk ^.^

Favorite Pokemon: Despite being named Jellicent, my favorite is probably Cubone.

Good Questions to Ask Me: If you're looking to get into writing or editing for C&C, The Competitor, or The Smog, I can definitely help you out there. Really, any topic ranging from Smogon to casual Pokemon is fair game; you can also always feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC anytime about any topic. I'll chat about anything :3

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How did you have enough prior experience to be instantly accepted yo the GP team? Like where did it come from?

What's the best drink?

how much do you spend a month on booze
Oof, that varies. A heavy bender can jack up the price, and where I buy the booze is a big factor ($30 in Philly for a handle, $22 across the bridge), so I'll give a general statement of more than food or most utilities, but less than rent. That said, I'm moving back in with my mom soon for a few months, so my drinking will take a nosedive and I'll be temporarily switching back to pills~
How did you have enough prior experience to be instantly accepted yo the GP team? Like where did it come from?
I've wanted to be a writer since I was a kid, which caused me to read a lot as well. I can't even tell you the proper terms for why sentences are structured wrong, but I kind of developed a knack for spotting grammatical errors and typos. Constant GPing for Smogon has actually helped me pick up on mistakes in my own writing, so I'm grateful for that ^.^
What's the best drink?
I mostly stick to vodka shots when I'm at home and vodka tonics when I'm out at pubs. There are too many delicious drinks to even name, but vodka's my go-to booze. I have made some fantastic white Russian milkshakes in the past, which were quite soothing. If you're just looking to get smashed, I can whip up a scrumptious punch that will knock you on your ass ;)

who is your favorite user?
That is a brutal question, man. In the past two and a half years, I've made quite a few close friends via Smogon. I usually have the forums or IRC up when I'm online, which means I end up interacting with cool kids pretty much every day. There are peeps that I can chat with for hours, whether it's serious discussion or just shooting the shit. I highly recommend hopping on IRC to any new users; it's a great way to get to know the community. There are several users that I consider genuine friends and I'm sure they know who they are, so I don't need to even try to list them :P

If I have to pick a favorite, I'll take the cop-out route. My best friend and roommate in real life is on the forums, PikeQueen. She's seriously my other half, so it's a pretty clear-cut choice for me~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)