Almost Any Ability Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
approved by The Eevee General and Hollywood
What Is AAA Ubers?
Almost Any Ability Ubers is what it might imply: it's a variation of the Uber tier where any Pokemon can have almost any ability! They are still bound to their movesets, typing, and still must follow the EV restrictions. Being able to have any ability is the only thing that changes. You'd be surprised (or not, seeing Balanced Hackmons exists), however, at how interesting and creative people can be in such a tier.

Banlist
But with every tier comes bans, so here are the forbidden ones:
Simple,Contrary, Huge Power & Pure Power, Speed Boost, Imposter, Sturdy Shedinja, Shadow Tag & Arena Trap, Parental Bond, Mega Rayquaza and last but definitely not least Wonder Guard also Arceus is a high priority suspect and Poison Heal is under consideration for a ban
Everything else, though, is up for your wild imagination to contemplate. And, yes, Drizzle and Swift Swim are legal here. (STANDARD OU CLAUSES ARE IN EFFECT)

Examples of good sets

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Dark Void
- Destiny Bond
- Stealth Rock

IS THIS PLAYABLE?
Yes, it is playable. You can use the Hackmons/Custom Game/Balanced Hackmons tiers as bases to play it for now.

Viability Rankings (to be added after the meta stabilizes a bit)
S Rank
  • tba
A Rank
  • placeholder
B Rank
  • placeholder
C Rank
  • placeholder
D Rank
  • Everything else that seems terrible enough

Have fun!

also shoutout to shrang since he's been asking me to do this for like a month C:

Last edited:
Drizzle Kyogre!
In seriousness, magic guard ho-oh could be powerful, especially on drought teams, maybe pair it up with Reshiram as drought user, alongside something else. Another threat could be something like Aerilate Rayquaza (oh god), or Poison Heal Xerneas (get it to it's defensive potential.)

And among uber tier mons aerilate and prankster smeargle got unbanned. The latter might prove to be a problem later on but aerilate probs won't be broken here.

YES ITS FINALLY HAPPENING

lets see...
252+ Atk Choice Band Refrigerate Kyurem-B Frustration vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus: 373-439 (84 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 409-483 (92.1 - 108.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO (download)
252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus in Sun: 345-406 (77.7 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (drought)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus in Sun: 498-586 (112.1 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (drought)

gg arceus

Poison Heal Groudon appears to be interesting n__n. Anyways, why is that stuff banned? In Ubers only Moody, Swagger, and Sleep Clause are implemented. I don't really think those things need to be banned, the only thing really at the tip of this is Arceus, which needs to be auto-banned jfc. But the only issue with this is would this mean Arceus- couldn't be used or just Arceus? Anyways, yeah, this totally isn't because I want to abuse Parental Bond :>.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
YES ITS FINALLY HAPPENING

lets see...
252+ Atk Choice Band Refrigerate Kyurem-B Frustration vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus: 373-439 (84 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 409-483 (92.1 - 108.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO (download)
252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus in Sun: 345-406 (77.7 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (drought, flare blitz ohkos)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus in Sun: 498-586 (112.1 - 131.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO (drought)

gg arceus
Ho-Oh doesn't learn flare blitz

The latter might prove to be a problem later on but aerilate probs won't be broken here.
It's basically D-Nite on steroids.

Speaking of Flying types, Magic Guard Ho-oh also looks pretty sick for obvious reasons.
Sheer Force Xerneas has insane power behind its Moonblast and coverage moves. It might even use Pixilate for a Choice Band set and not waste that precious physical movepool, which includes things such as Close Combat, Megahorn, Horn Leech and Outrage ( +2 252+ SpA Sheer Force Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 242-285 (74.6 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery )
Drought and Drizzle seems great on Reshiram and Palkia, respectively, but Adaptability might be better if you aren't looking for team support. Groudon can make great use of Filter, Water Absorb, Thick Fat or Sap Sipper, it never used Drought to its own advantage anyway.
Holy fuck Levidialga.

Reactions: NWL

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sweeeeeeeet this is finally happening. Thanks Monte Cristo!

Anyway, we could probably even test some of those other more broken abilities, if not just to make sure we get the most fun. I reckon Speed Boost, Huge/Pure Power, trapping, Parental Bond, Wonder Guard, Imposter can DEFINITELY stay banned, but we might be able to restrict the other abilities so we get more fun out of them (or just test them on everything anyway). Maybe we might be able to do stuff like limit Simple, Contrary and Fur Coat to NFEs only? Fur Coat Chansey would be hilarious, I guess, but other than that they might be pretty fun to use. Personally, I reckon Contrary is fine on everything - Draco Meteor/Overheat Reshiram wouldn't be THAT broken :D

Maybe fur coat/huge power should be useable with NFE?Ubers is such a broken meta that these abilities wouldn't be as stupid here. Also why is sturdy shedinja banned? Not like it has endeavour

Maybe fur coat/huge power should be useable with NFE?Ubers is such a broken meta that these abilities wouldn't be as stupid here. Also why is sturdy shedinja banned? Not like it has endeavour
Even w/o Endeavor it still is a lot harder to take down then it sounds on paper.

Even w/o Endeavor it still is a lot harder to take down then it sounds on paper.
Outright banning it seems lame tho. Given how offensive this meta appears and the fact that anything weak to hazards can use magicguard/poison heal means that a stealth rock once set will probably stay for the rest of the match. Sturdy shedinja doesn't seem that big of a deal.

Just saying this now, Mold Breaker and Poison Heal Extremekiller Arceus are ridiculous and force every team to run an Unaware that defeats the PH variant and something else to wall the Mold Breaker set.

In all honesty, I think Regirock is going to be solid in this metagame, just like how it is in AAA OU. A lot of Pokemon are just begging to be walled by it such as Ho-Oh, Rayquaza and more.

In fact, most 670+ BST Ubers can use Poison Heal with great effect. Another threat that seems pretty good is Unaware Stalltwo. It can run its standard Stalltwo set with the added benefit of walling opposing Mewtwo, PH Arceus, SD Groudon and other dangerous threats. Regenvest Mewtwo also sounds excellent at pivoting and checking many threats effectively.

Sent through my tablet, so don't kill me if this post looks bad.

Deoxys-Attack is going to be extremely dangerous in this meta.

A LO protean set is capable of 2HKOing (at worst) the entire game, and most scarfers or priority users hoping to revenge kill it are going to be taking 50+% from a STAB extreme speed.

And speaking of extreme speed, it could run a pixilate or refrigerate set for a strong priority attack that hits a lot of the meta for super effective damage.

Adaptability Psycho Boost seems pretty crazy too. Even mons that resist it are not going to want to take one of those.
252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Deoxys-A Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mewtwo: 276-325 (78.1 - 92%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just theorymon'd a few things that would be good. I kind of left out things that would be good on everything (eg Poison Heal) unless they were good specifically to that Pokemon. I know there's a crapload of other things that would be really good (there are just way too many options), but these are some for now.

Ekiller:
- Scrappy
- Tough Claws
- Guts
- Magic Guard
- Refrigerate - for the lol Giras and Landos :D

Rayquaza:
- Aerilate
- Tough Claws - ES isn't as strong but everything else gets a boost

Ho-oh:
- Magic Guard
- Serene Grace

Palkia:
- Drizzle
- Adaptability
- Swift Swim
- Motor Drive

Dialga:
- Adaptability
- Motor Drive
- Swift Swim
- Unaware
- Regenerator
- Levitate

Reshiram:
- Drought
- Adaptablity

Slaking:
- Scrappy
- Tough Claws

Kyurem-B:
- Refrigerate

Kyurem-W:
- Refrigerate
- Snow Warning

Entei:
- Serene Grace

Groudon:
- Filter
- Unaware
- Sap Sipper/Water Absorb

Xerneas:
- Unaware
- Natural Cure
- Pixilate

Rhydon:
- Sand Stream

Zekrom:
- Levitate
- Sheer Force

Darkrai:
- Dark Aura
- Sheer Force

Mewtwo:
- Sheer Force
- Regenerator

Kyogre:
- Volt Absorb
- Motor Drive

Lugia:
- Prankster
- Magic Guard

Victini:
- Drought

Deo-S:
- Protean

Deo-A:
- Download

Genesect:
- Regenerator

Landorus-T:
- Aerilate

Just theorymon'd a few things that would be good. I kind of left out things that would be good on everything (eg Poison Heal) unless they were good specifically to that Pokemon. I know there's a crapload of other things that would be really good (there are just way too many options), but these are some for now.

Ekiller:
- Scrappy
- Tough Claws
- Guts
- Magic Guard
- Refrigerate - for the lol Giras and Landos :D

Rayquaza:
- Aerilate
- Tough Claws - ES isn't as strong but everything else gets a boost

Ho-oh:
- Magic Guard
- Serene Grace

Palkia:
- Drizzle
- Adaptability
- Swift Swim
- Motor Drive

Dialga:
- Adaptability
- Motor Drive
- Swift Swim
- Unaware
- Regenerator
- Levitate

Reshiram:
- Drought
- Adaptablity

Slaking:
- Scrappy
- Tough Claws

Kyurem-B:
- Refrigerate

Kyurem-W:
- Refrigerate
- Snow Warning

Entei:
- Serene Grace

Groudon:
- Filter
- Unaware
- Sap Sipper/Water Absorb

Xerneas:
- Unaware
- Natural Cure
- Pixilate

Rhydon:
- Sand Stream

Zekrom:
- Levitate
- Sheer Force

Darkrai:
- Dark Aura
- Sheer Force

Mewtwo:
- Sheer Force
- Regenerator

Kyogre:
- Volt Absorb
- Motor Drive

Lugia:
- Prankster
- Magic Guard

Victini:
- Drought

Deo-S:
- Protean

Deo-A:
- Download

Genesect:
- Regenerator

Landorus-T:
- Aerilate
you forgot poison heal on:

everything.

Fuck shrang ninjad me my list is better tho

-Scrappy
-Guts
-Tough Claws
-Poison Heal(STAB Facade makes it stand out among others)
-Mold Breaker

-Magic Guard
-Aerilate(notably, Aerilate Quick Attack)

-Prankster(PRIORITY SLEEP WOP WOP)
-Sheer Force(it outclasses Dark Aura and also Adaptability to an extent)
-Mold Breaker(for both Unaware and Magic Bounce)

-Protean
-Download
-Sturdy

-Prankster
-Mold Breaker

-Protean
-Download
-Unburden

-Levitate
-Regenerator
-Sheer Force
-Adaptability

-Prankster(pre-mega, still works on the turn it evolves)

-Flash Fire
-Regenerator
-Protean(special sets without Bug Buzz)
-Sheer Force(special sets with Bug Buzz)
-Tough Claws(physical sets)

-Prankster
-Natural Cure
-Unaware

-Tough Claws
-Regenerator

-Mold Breaker
-Unaware
-Water Absorb
-Sap Sipper
-Regenerator

-Magic Guard
-Defiant(has the better match-up against common defoggers such as Giratina, Fairy/Grass-Arceus, Lugia and Ho-oh itself)
-Gale Wings(doesn't it reminds you of something?)
-Serene Grace
-Motor Drive/Volt Absorb
-Drought

-Magic Bounce(pre-mega)

-Regenerator
-Motor Drive/Lightingrod/Volt Absorb
-Natural Cure
-Swift Swim

-Refridgerate
-Protean
-Magic Guard

-Sheer Force(better than Refridgerate since it also boosts Earth Power and nullifies LO recoil=
-Magic Guard
-Snow Warning

-Levitate(pre-mega)
-Flash Fire(pre-mega)
-Download(pre-mega)

-Prankster
-Unaware
-Magic Bounce
-Volt Absorb

-Protean
-Sheer Force
-Prankster
-Regenerator
-Magic Bounce

-No Guard
-Sheer Force
-Drizzle
-Regenerator

-Aerilate
-Protean(outclasses Tough Claws thanks to larger boosts as well as type changing shenanigans)
-Magic Guard

/

-Poison Heal(STAB Facade)
-Protean

-Drought
-Adaptability

-Sheer Force(why flinch them when you can murder them)

-Sheer Force
-Pixilate
-Mold Breaker
-Unaware
-Regenerator

-Gale Wings
-Aerilate
-Sheer Force
-Unaware
-Regenerator
-Magic Guard

-Tough Claws
-Levitate
-Regenerator

TL;DR: Sheer Force and Regenerator on everything.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
I can understand Contrary and Fur Coat being banned in OU, but I would give them a chance in ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)