Aegislash

Sludge Wave is a TM; it can be bought for ~36BP from the Battle Maison.

Currently there are no Gen6 amorphous ghost pokemon who can learn Sludge Wave. Misdreavous was a good way to breed it on previously. When the pokebank opens a whole bunch of breeding options open up.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sludge Wave was never an egg move or TM move for Gastly. It was a special move it received from the Dream World.

That being said, this is the research thread for Aegislash, not Gengar.

Confirmation that Honedge gets Destiny Bond as an egg move too from Yamask! Sadly, Power Split and Guard Split are not egg moves for Stance Change shenanigans.

Edit: Honedge doesn't get Memento as an egg move either.

Last edited:
Confirming that Honedge does not get Memento as an egg move.

Also tested Nasty Plot as an egg move (Spiritomb -> Yamask -> Honedge), and it did not pass. :(

Does anyone have access to a Yamask with Pain Split? If so, can someone test it out to see if Aegislash can get it as an egg move?

Something came to my mind when I saw the difference in Aegislash's stats.

He can learn Substitute, so... if an AegiShield used Sub and then changed to AegiSword, would the Substitute keep the 150/150 defenses? I admit I'm pretty stupid when it comes to how the Substitute's stats work, which is why I'm simply asking this.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Something came to my mind when I saw the difference in Aegislash's stats.

He can learn Substitute, so... if an AegiShield used Sub and then changed to AegiSword, would the Substitute keep the 150/150 defenses? I admit I'm pretty stupid when it comes to how the Substitute's stats work, which is why I'm simply asking this.
Hi, and welcome to Smogon! This is a question best asked in Battle Mechanics, but no the Sub has whatever defense the current form has.

Is Trick an egg move? There are plenty of mons that learn it in the mineral group.
Okay, so Cofagrigus gets Trick from the B2W2 move tutor. If you get a Cofagrigus there, import it to XY with Pokebank, and breed it with something from the Honedge evolutionary line of the opposite gender. Sadly, I do not own X/Y or B2W2, so I cannot test this. Would somebody else like to experiment with this?

EDIT: If I'm correct, this will be huge with CB Aegislash running around everywhere.

Not much, but Honedge doesn't get Rock Polish as an egg move.
Do note that Honedge already gets Automotize, which does essentially the same thing, so I wouldn't worry about this too much.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)