Adv OU Stall Team

Hello everyone,
First of all thanks for looking at this team :D
Well lets start with some background. I started battling on PO about two months ago with Adv OU being my main tier as i have only ever played the editions up to 3. Gen. I started by building a team, that was obviously quite flawed, as i was really new to this. I played with it and improved it to a point where i can stand up to most teams, but just had to admit that the team as it is, was just never going to be really good.
So that is the point where this team comes in as I now build a new team.

As I believe myself to be a really defensive player and also because I think stall is a little bit easier to play this team became quite stally.
I have by now played with it for about a week and it has been working out amazing :D (Keep in mind that is compared to my first team) The team is pretty much able to deal with everything I have met so far and at times I have lost with it I can point to mistakes on my part. That is why after a week of improving it I think it is worth presenting here. I would be very grateful for some input on it.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

Swampert is my main bulky water. It counters most physical threats in the metagame. I prefer rest over protect on this set, as it gives me good recovery and the ability to cure status if I need to. Yes, the set is vounerable when sleeping but so far that hasn’t been too much of a problem, especially since I have the luxury of a second bulky water.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Rest

No stall team without skarm^^ It walls everything physical that is even remotely able to hurt Swampert. Mainly that is Heracross and Snorlax. I feel though that toxic is better than HP flying on this set as without attack investment the HP just does no any damage.

Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Rest

Now I need to cover the special side of things, and Regice does that very well. In fact only Regice and Swampert together wall most pokemon out there. Of course there are other choices for this, but Regice is a Poke that I am used to and I know better than Lax or Blissey.

Venusaur (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 148 SDef / 24 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Then I do want another specialy defensive pokemon. Regice can’t do everything alone and I wan’t to have a backup in case it faints. Also Venusaur can can stall some mixed attackers pretty well. Plus Leech Seed is and Sleep Powder are really nice support moves.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

Now I think the team has an answer for most pokemon out there. But it is still horribly weak to spikes, so I need a spinner. I chose Blastoise for this, because with my old team I had some matches where something blows up on my bulky water and I just get swept by something like DD-mence. Blastoise gives my a second answer to some of these sweepers and also prevents swampert from getting worn down two much as Blastoise can take hits as well.

Zangoose (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Return
- Brick Break
- Shadow Ball
- Swords Dance

The only thing that’s left now is a lategame sweeper to clean up. I admit though that Zangoose is an odd choice, but it works in this team. It is basically the secret weapon of the team as I almost never show it till the last second. If my opponent does not have a Skarm (anymore) and this gets to set up one or two SDs it can run through a whole team.
That brings me to it’s EVs. One of the few spreads I didn’t just take from smogon. They allow it to take two instead of one hit from a defensive pokemon like a water tank or defensive Celebi, which gives it more possibilities to set up and let it somewhat help to check defensive Celebi and some Gengar sets that would otherwise be more problematic.

How the team actually works is quite simple. I wear down the opposing team with my first five pokemon till Zangoose gets to set up and sweep. (I also won quite a few games without even showing it)

Now I would appreciate if you can look over the team again, maybe give it a try and tell me where I could make improvements or changes, or just if you identified any pokemon that are a problem for this team.
Thanks
norm13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)