SM OU A Real Man's Hyper Offense

Introduction
During OLT, it became apparent that webs HO was extremely dangerous. I decided to build my own skill less webs HO, and while this team is quite different from my OLT team, it retains the spirit and most of the mons and sets. This team is built to smack around fatter teams with its various wallbreakers yet retains a good offense matchup.

The Webs

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
- Sticky Web

Ribombee is my favorite webs setter as it outspeeds taunters except koko and throws out paralysis. Not much to say about this set except that some bads will stay in with torn on ribombee so it gets one of the most threatening mons to this team out of the way immediately if you stun spore it. Hp fire chips ferrothorn for a potential magearna sweep. Generally lead ribombee unless you see tran koko excadrill or pex, in which case lead chomp, serp vs pex, or another mon that you think would be a better lead.

The Rocks

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is here to reliably setup stealth rocks against almost every team and especially get them up vs shedinja stall. SD to get rocks up vs stall and force out torn and zapdos. Dragon claw is nice for zygarde as coil ddance is problematic for the team. Why Garchomp instead of Excadrill or lando? Quite a few reasons actually. A lot of teams try to counterlead ribombee with tran and garchomp makes a great tran switchin, and if serp is ever forced out by tran chomp is here to not have to sack a mon. Teams often send in mons they need to wall the rest of my team that they would hesitate to vs explosion lando or moldy drill such as: torn, zapdos, rotom wash, and celesteela. Chip on those mons is invaluable to the rest of the team, especially pinsir. Garchomp also invites bulu in which gives me a free switch to pinsir. Garchomp is also much cooler than lando.

The Untouchable Snake

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Serperior is insanely tough to deal with even more so on webs. It is a great wincon vs quite a few stalls, balance as long as you dont let it get statused, and even offense. No hp investment is preferable to recover a higher % of hp which you need to rely on in order to beat tran and unaware clef. Hard into this mon if the opponent is likely going to defog unless they have torn and rain or z torn. +1 evasion subseed serp is almost impossible to beat as it usually can just sub until the opponent misses. Don't be afraid of going into this mon on torn zapdos and scarf lando if you predict defog. torn wont hit hurricane through +1 eva but check your opponents battles if you want to be cautious and see if they are z. Serp is also the water resist of the team and while it is never advisable to switch it into ash gren, it means that you can at least beat it. Glare serp is for trash players.

Who Uses That Set???

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

Kartana here is a worldclass sweeper and breaker under webs and this set minimizes its counters. Moltres and Zapdos just die after rocks/ an sd predicting the switch. Torn dies on the switch into z giga if rocks are up and everyone brings in torn on kartana unless they know the set. Skarm, mega latias, and cele are the only kartana counters that wall this set if rocks are up. And those 3 are a lot less common than the static zapdos and torn that are on essentially every team.

Angry Bug

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Standard Pinsir nothing special here. Pinsir is nice to beat hawlucha and serp with enough chip which are very big threats to this team. Frustration > return because pinsir looks angry and dittos don't usually run 0 happiness. It's a nice wallbreaker and cleaner with sd quick attack. Just watch out for scarf stone edge lando which has seen a drastic surge in use.

The Ash Gren Counter

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Magearna is here to switchin to things while also being capable of sweeping. Ash gren will almost certainly click dpulse to not risk miss. This team has nothing to live any strong ice move at all without magearna. CM lefties is here to to beat acid armor psychic reuni.

Other notes on the team:
Thanks to kartana and magearna this team is strong against mons touted to beat ho such as curse scizor and acid armor reunicles. This team is quite weak to glare, but a well timed sub with serp on a zyg glare can mean game over for the opponent. This team has breached 2000 but I didn't take a pic so choose to believe me or not idc.

here it is https://pokepast.es/eafa9ff642b0dd6e
Ash gren- every ho is weak to ash gren and it can 2hko everything
torn- if they know the team and don't send in torn on kart its hard to deal with
Skarmory/ cele - they can actually beat every mon on the team but magearna and serp 1v1, but you can usually para them with ribombee
toxapex- only tspikes is a threat here because they can lead pex and get it up on literally every mon unless a crit, so it is usually wise to lead serp or pinsir vs tspikes pex.
Rain- Ash gren was already tough to deal with, torn that cant miss hurricanes and uses defog is tough to deal with. pert isnt that bad but kingdra is really hard to deal with.
koko- koko outspeeds everything, scarf is essentially impossible to beat with this team, shuca cant be counterled by chomp, taunt and defog koko is just infuriating as it is entirely unexpected unless taunt screens
otr magearna- this mon destroys pretty much any ho. It kills everything but magearna in 1 hit
this one has sub coil zygarde over mag which means it pretty much loses to ice beam at team preview https://pokepast.es/9c191838db24ca19
this is the team I used in olt with z gyra > kart and zyg > magearna https://pokepast.es/c8b74565fdd9ac09

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Hi man! I really like HO teams, and i'll submit some changes which hopefully will improve your team.

Major Changes:
>
: the first major change I'd suggest is Drill over Chomp. Since you run M-Pins, you need some form of hazard control. The only mon that fits on HO and provides hazard control is Drill. It's also better suicide rocker than Chomp because it can setup rocks vs stall thanks to Mold Breaker.
>
: the second major change is Zyg over Gear. It'll give you slightly better matchup vs Zap, thus allowing your Kart to run other Z-crystal rather than Z-Normal and to has better coverage options like Knock Off or Smart Strike. Zyg's set will be SubDD+Toxic so it can pressure its common answers like Tang, Pyuku, and Quag.
>
: the third major change was made to improve your Ash-Gren matchup. Araq also has better matchup vs screens Koko thanks to Magic Coat mindgames.

Minor Changes:
's EV spread: I'd change it to 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe. Quote from Serp's analysis: "56 HP investment prevents Serperior's Substitute from being broken by Rotom-W's Hydro Pump and Ferrothorn's Power Whip, while the remaining EVs are placed into Speed and Special Attack.".
Glare > Leech Seed: while Glare+webs may seem weird at first glance, they actually pair well. Glare paralyzes mons that aren't affected by webs, notably Torn and M-Latis.
>
=> Knock Off > Giga Impact: since Zyg can handle the likes of Zap and Moltres which are main targets of Z-Normal, the last change I'd suggest is Z-Fight over Z-Normal. It allows Kart to more effectively break past mons like Cele and Tang. You can also try Z-Grass if you want a stronger nuke, but Cele matchup will be worse. With Z-crystal other than Z-Normal, Giga Impact is no longer needed, so I'll suggest to replace it with Knock Off, which is pretty spammable move, and it cripples defensive mons by knocking out their items.

For this variant of the team, the main threats will be:
: try to Glare this thing so it'll be not so dangerous for you. If you failed to Glare it, then try to put it in range of M-Pins's Quick Attack.
: CM+AA is particularly dangerous. Try to Glare it, knock out its Lefties and offensively pressure its setup.
: try to Glare it and keep webs on the field, otherwise rely on M-Pins, similar to Lucha.

Hope you like this variant of the team, gl with it!
Araquanid @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Liquidation
- Magic Coat
- Toxic / Mirror Coat

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Rock Tomb

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 236 HP / 8 Def / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Dragon Dance

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Ice Beam or Tbolt from Magearna? SR would also take off a chunk of their hp too. Zygarde could also use Thousand Arrows to Smack them Down and he could target their weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)