A FUCKLOAD of article ideas

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there! I've got plenty of ideas for articles; hope you think they are worthwhile.

[Metagame] Crossing the Border: Underused but not Underpowered
In this article, I will talk about several Pokemon that reside in BL. I will explain what made them too good for UU and why they're not used enough to make it to OU. I'll also include sample sets for them. Some Pokemon that I may discuss include Mega Gallade, Crawdaunt, Diggersby, Hawlucha, Zygarde, etc.

[Battling Strategy] Pokemon You Should Use in OU and Why (Part 2)
Yes, we did something like this before in Issue #35. However, there are a lot more Pokemon deserving of love in OU, such as Hydreigon, Suicune, Azelf, Mega Beedrill, Dragalge, Chesnaught, and more. I'll explain what each Pokemon does in OU, give a sample set, and explain why it should be used more but isn't.

[Pokemon Showdown!] The CAP Project Room
This was already approved for The Player, but I never had a chance to start it before The Player got shut down. Here's the outline that got approved for it:
What is the CAP Project?
  • Here I will elaborate on the goals of the project, and what the process entails
  • Dedicated to exploring the OU metagame with our creations, while learning more about the metagame in the process
  • Creating a Pokemon is a complicated, community driven process (will briefly explain the sequence of events)
What is the CAP Metagame?
  • I'll explain how the CAP metagame evolved from the works of the project
  • It is OU with all of our past CAP creations available for use
  • With 19 (currently) new Pokemon in the CAP metagame, you can use strategies that you would normally not be able to in regular OU
What are some past CAP Pokemon, and what did they intend to do?
  • I'll discuss some of our more popular CAP mons, and explain their processes and what they do now in the metagame
What's the best way to get involved in CAP?
  • First, I will explain how CAP is always looking for new blood
  • It's easy to get involved with the project. Now that the readers have a sense about what it entails, they can jump into the CAP 20 process and can contribute their ideas at will
  • Refer back to the CAP mons that I highlighted in the previous section, and encourage them to start building teams around them
What do we do in the CAP Project room?
  • We discuss everything related to CAP, from the process itself to the metagame
  • We'll give our thoughts about whatever stage the process is currently at. At the time of writing, we're on Stats, so we discuss what stats we are looking for and critique the proposed spreads of others
  • As for the metagame, we talk about how all the CAP mons interact with the OU environment and discuss strategies for CAP mons and regular mons alike
  • We'll even host CAP tournaments on a regular basis, though we never schedule them

[Community / Other Features] Cleaning Up the CAP Process (again)
After the disaster that was CAP 19, the project underwent quite a bit of fixing. I'll talk about three major components of it.

Concepts: I'll talk about how the previous concept discussions were jumbled and how that reared its ugly head when Plasmanta's impossible concept was the chosen one. Then I will explain how the Concept Workshop came to be and why it's enjoyed success today.

Movepool: I'll explain that the movepool stage had too much flavor and not enough competitive aspects. Then I will explain the new process that I led, where we decided all of the competitive moves first and focused on flavor as a secondary aspect.

Moderating: I'll state that one big problem with CAP was the lack of high-quality discussion. That is to say, a lot of crappy, inexperienced players were able to get their opinions in and have them count. Then I will explain how the moderating guidelines for us changed. While we're still sympathetic to new players, as we don't want to drive people away, we are a bit more strict nowadays and will more aggressively moderate posts that show poor knowledge.

That's a wrap. I don't expect to complete all four articles of these for Issue #44 should they all get approved, but I'd like to see what you think so that I may do some of these in later issues as well.

- Crossing the Border was literally just approved for a different author, so I'm afraid you can't write that

- Pokemon you should use in OU and why looks good, seeing as the last article on it was a while ago, but I'll need a second opinion on this

- Merge the two CAP articles and just make one big article on CAP imo, since most of both articles seem to focus on the CAP project over the actual PS room, unless that isnt possible for whatever reason. You should also make sure you can actually write the article this time, seeing as how it was approved twice for the player and no one ever actually got around to writing it for one reason or another

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
  1. Aw, man. You snooze, you lose, I guess.
  2. Sounds like a plan- hope the other guys like it.
  3. I'd rather not merge them b/c the article would be enormous and they cover vastly different things about CAP. Perhaps I can make the first one something like [Community] Create-A-Pokemon Project 101 considering it indeed focuses more on the project than the room. Also, don't worry- I will be able to write it this time lol.

I'm cool with the mons you should use in OU one.

For CAP, some of the stuff has been covered before, and the PS room stuff is kind of limited in how much you can cover. I think an article focusing entirely on introducing peeps to the CAP metagame itself would be the best way to go there.

Cleaning up the CAP process could be an interesting article as well, but I think it'll be much more niche than actually discussing the CAP metagame itself (which people who don't participate in CAP will probably find more interesting than policy discussion, and it'll likely attract more people to CAP than a policy article would as well)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)