6th Gen Team: 1st Team, advice is appreciated.

I'm trying to get this team up to snuff, before I start breeding in X and Y. I'm pretty new too competitive battling as a whole and with breeding easier then its ever been I feel like now is a good time to start. I had played around in Pokemon Showdown, about a year ago, but with so many Pokemon it was very overwhelming so I mostly did random battles..

I have been having a decent time with this team. I'm hovering around the 1800's, but I know there is room for improvement, I just don't know where so I'm coming to you guys :)

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 40 Def / 224 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost

Gliscor is also my main counter to Aegislash as I can always take a hit or two and counter with EQ. He can take an electric attack aimed at Blastoise or Talonflame and can take rock moves as well. I used to run a taunt set with EQ-Taunt-Roost-Icefang with more EV's put into Def, but this set seems to work better for a wider variety of pokemon, as toxic stalling has saved my ass a few times. That and Icefang never seemed to hit as hard as I wanted it too.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Talonflame is one of my favorite Pokemon and he is a great revenge killer and can sweep when given the chance to set up. I bring him out when I can force a switch with him to be able to set up a SD. I chose SD over Bulk Up as even with a boost to Def he wasn't able to do as much damage before he went down. I have roost as an option to heal SR damage if I don't need to SD.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pulse

This is my rapid spinner and a decent special tank. Stealth Rocks hit my team hard and Mega-Blastoise does very well against spinblockers. He complements Talonflame very well in this regard as I can switch in to water based attacks aimed at Talon. He has even taken a few Talonflames down himself, when they are not smart enough to switch out.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Sticky Web

This is my lead most of the time. Sticky web really helps out Togekiss and Blastoise get in the first hit. I chose Energy Ball over Bug Buzz as I can do some good damage to ground types that think I will volt switch out after sticky web. Its also a good move against Rotom-W if I manage to keep Galvantula alive.

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Heliolisk is the newest member of my team and has fit in really well. Immunity to water/ghost is very nice and after sticky web I don't need to scarf him. He hits very hard and I feel he is a good answer to Rotom-W (He has really been a problem).

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast

Togekiss is just a beast and with sticky web on the field I can invest fully into my SAttack and HP. He is my answer to steel types and dragons. Air Slash has good synergy with Sticky web and Roost /w Leftovers makes for a very good special tank that doesn't care about getting burned.

My main issue in the ladder has been Rotom-W. Electric and water moves both coming from one Pokemon is really hard to deal with, but the addition of Heliolisk has really helped cover both bases at once. Though I wish he had a better move then Grass Knot. Lack of leftovers on my rapid spinner can also be difficult, if I lose him early and don't have a good enough lead or haven't taken out his SR layer, the match becomes that much harder.

Thanks for reading!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)