Inactive 6th Gen Damage Calculator

I think you should program last resort onto the calc. Lopunny can run a pretty interesting set with fake out, high jump kick, and last resort.
I'm trying to get some calcs of it atm.
Don't put this at the top of your priorities, since it's rather small compared to other, more important things.

I think you should program last resort onto the calc. Lopunny can run a pretty interesting set with fake out, high jump kick, and last resort.
Don't put this at the top of your priorities, since it's rather small compared to other, more important things.
Couldn't you just change the BP of Body Slam/Return?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Three requests:

1.) For moves like Draco Meteor, Superpower, etc with offensive stat drops, can the calc tell us the chance to 2HKO/3HKO with the drops included so we don't have to do it manually?
2.) For stat boosts/drops, can the calc just tell us what the final stat is?. Again, so we don't have to do it manually (it's really annoying having to pull out an actual calculator when I have the damage calc open during a game and I don't have time to look through the Speed Tiers thread).
3.) Can the calc tell us the chance to net a KO on a target with less than 100% inputted? For example, if my target is at 50% and my attack's damage range is 47-55.5% (I know this isn't a realistic range, just roll with the example), what are my chances that I'll finish it off?

Three requests:

1.) For moves like Draco Meteor, Superpower, etc with offensive stat drops, can the calc tell us the chance to 2HKO/3HKO with the drops included so we don't have to do it manually?
252 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 115-136 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Just an illustrative example; this would be a great change.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo, so I guess I misposted this in the wrong section

A user on PS (Detective Marowak) contacted me about adding a way to import custom sets onto the damage calculator. As it is right now it would take just as long to enter in the ev spread yourself. But what if you could have a custom damage calculator that would save in your cookies similar to how the teambuilder saves your teams on your specific computer.

Pretty much what I'm asking is for a way to save custom sets into the Pokemon Damage Calculator. There could be like an import button, you would put in your custom set and spread, name it, then hit save. Then whenever you search for that Pokemon on the calc on your computer your set would show up. What this would mean is that when you are in a tournament battle and you need to calc something with the timer on, its a simple thing to pull up custom spreads on your calc and then quickly get a calc going. There is also the issue of the calc not having all the good spreads yet because the dex is still being worked on for this gen. For instance I know I constantly have to change the Hariyama spread and item as right now the only option is Flame Orb.

--

Another thing is making it clearer on how to bring up the mega pokemons stats / movesets. Instead of having to type Mega, being able to just type in Steelix and selecting the one that said Mega Steelix would be ideal. I didn't know that you had to type mega to get it for the longest time.

Can we have the "no move" blank spaces filled with all the moves mentioned as slashes on the set?
I guess hidden power /could/ cause a little problem due to the IVs problem but that is negiglible IMO

For example if I pick Virizion and the smogon move set has
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt / Stone Edge

The damage calc currently lists
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt
- blank space

I am suggesting to have Stone Edge put instead of the blank space :)

Any chance we could get soul dew in the ORAS calc implemented for us ubers players? A cm boost + soul dew isnt just a straight +2, and putting in specs is the only way to remedy this (which looks weird) or you have to switch to assault vest to calc something thats hitting their sp def. I could use the BW calc but that involves altering the base power of draco meteor as well :(

+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Latias Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 363-427 (95 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Latias Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 322-381 (84.2 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

^shows what im talking about, its easy to mess up and calc wrongly with it. if theres a calc running around that has it implemented lemme know!

Yo, so I guess I misposted this in the wrong section

A user on PS (Detective Marowak) contacted me about adding a way to import custom sets onto the damage calculator. As it is right now it would take just as long to enter in the ev spread yourself. But what if you could have a custom damage calculator that would save in your cookies similar to how the teambuilder saves your teams on your specific computer.

Pretty much what I'm asking is for a way to save custom sets into the Pokemon Damage Calculator. There could be like an import button, you would put in your custom set and spread, name it, then hit save. Then whenever you search for that Pokemon on the calc on your computer your set would show up. What this would mean is that when you are in a tournament battle and you need to calc something with the timer on, its a simple thing to pull up custom spreads on your calc and then quickly get a calc going. There is also the issue of the calc not having all the good spreads yet because the dex is still being worked on for this gen. For instance I know I constantly have to change the Hariyama spread and item as right now the only option is Flame Orb.

--

Another thing is making it clearer on how to bring up the mega pokemons stats / movesets. Instead of having to type Mega, being able to just type in Steelix and selecting the one that said Mega Steelix would be ideal. I didn't know that you had to type mega to get it for the longest time.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/damage-calculator-with-moveset-import-functionality.3527769/

I think I've made a calculator with an import functionality that pretty much matches the one you're describing here :)

The only exception being that the sets aren't saved permamently on your computer at the moment, they're only available as long as you're on the site (but I'm currently working on this feature).

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rollout, Ice Ball, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Bone club, Bone rush and a bunch of other moves are not in the calculator.
done

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
hi. me and several other users have been having an issue with the current damage calc. the calc we use is the one that automatically pops up when you type /calc on the PS main server chatrooms.

the issue is that me and some users are doing the same calcs with the same pokemon and same ev spreads and same moves, but we get different damage rolls. its not just two people either, we've had a handful of other users do this calc themselves and they got either one of the two results, so its not very consistent.

here are screenshots to prove we are not faking the calculations:

http://puu.sh/kRDRG/ce96dd93b2.png
http://imgur.com/EfHyYTm
http://prntscr.com/8til6q

those are 3 of the same calcs, yet we get two results. does anyone know why? is the damage calc bugged or something?

Austin

Schismatic
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WECAMEASROMANS the issue is that one of you guys haven't cleared your cache, we recently fixed an issue with tough claws resulting in some of you guys having different calcs. Also you should be using the calc linked in /calc not the old augmt one.

Austin

Schismatic
Can we have the "no move" blank spaces filled with all the moves mentioned as slashes on the set?
I guess hidden power /could/ cause a little problem due to the IVs problem but that is negiglible IMO

For example if I pick Virizion and the smogon move set has
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt / Stone Edge

The damage calc currently lists
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt
- blank space

I am suggesting to have Stone Edge put instead of the blank space :)
I know this is late but the reason there are blank spots is because in that slot there is a non-damaging move. We use the move sets that are posted on smogon for each pokemon and include all the moves whether damaging or not. The blank spots allow more freedom to add whatever you want since it is a non-standard move for that specific set.

Edit: non damaging moves are now a thing to help newer users see "the most common sets*"

Last edited:

Austin

Schismatic
Update:
Added CAP support, all cap mons are now available on the calc and almost all of them have their own competitive set added

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
An idea I've been thinking about for a while is would there be any way to limit one side of the calc to a certain number of Pokemon? For example, if I was about to go on a laddering spree with a particular team, or if I was about to play a tour game, I could add my custom sets, limit one side of the calc to only those 6 Pokemon so my calcing can be as quick as possible. I'd understand if you'd find this unnecessary or a pain to do though was just an idea I had

Austin now that PU is official could it get a place in the mass calculators? n_n

i want to see how many Pokemon can take two Choice Specs Leaf Storms from Exeggutor nothing special :)

Austin

Schismatic
Austin now that PU is official could it get a place in the mass calculators? n_n

i want to see how many Pokemon can take two Choice Specs Leaf Storms from Exeggutor nothing special :)
some pokemon already have PU analysis but today I'll work on getting them all done. It should be good for tomorrow

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
you are using a very outdated version of the calc, clear your cache (not cookies!) and retry, going to a different browser also works
went to internet explorer instead of chrome and something changed indeed http://puu.sh/l8UfW/20f1e56931.png
back to chrome and in incognito mode: http://puu.sh/l8Uop/3cb4af3ee3.png

cleared out cached images and files since the beginning of time in chrome and nothing changed - the error message still says Please tell Honko, so idk what i am doing wrong

Austin

Schismatic
went to internet explorer instead of chrome and something changed indeed http://puu.sh/l8UfW/20f1e56931.png
back to chrome and in incognito mode: http://puu.sh/l8Uop/3cb4af3ee3.png

cleared out cached images and files since the beginning of time in chrome and nothing changed - the error message still says Please tell Honko, so idk what i am doing wrong
are you importing those sets?
Edit: Oh you are using RBY, I will look for the fix although as you said changing one move fixes it

Austin

Schismatic
Update:
I added non-damaging moves to the calc to help with knowing exactly what moves a Pokemon has for their common move set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)