4th gen surprise sweep

This is my second attempt at a competitive battling team. My first try had just to many holes, and just didn't work. After going back to the drawing board I came up with this interesting combo. So let the explanation begin.

Bronzong @ lightclay
Ability: levitate
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
-Reflect
-Light screen
-Stealth rock
-Explosion
Bronzong is my lead and is meant to set up SR first, then reflect, and lastly Light screen. Reflect and Light Screen are meant to help Umbreon and Ninjask set up. He goes out with a bang to give Umbreon a free switch in. I picked adamant to give explosion a little more punch, and he really didn't need anymore bulk after the invested EV's. The reason I put so little into Defense is because Bronzongs main weakness is fire, and most fire attacks are special so I figured it made more sense to but the EVs in special defense.

Umbreon @ Chople Berry
Ability: Syncronize
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Special Defense
-Mean Look
-Baton Pass
-Yawn
-Wish
I've always loved Umbreon, and the mean look/baton pass combo just seemed killer. After Bronze goes boom Umbreon comes in and right off the bat uses mean look. After mean look comes yawn and then passes the torch to ninjask.
Wish is there for late game support. I picked bold nature because it balances his defenses. The EVs are split because in my experiences it works. Pouring it all in Special Defense is over kill and tends to leave umbreon to weak to fighting type attacks. The Chople berry ensures that he can survive 2 hits from the fighting type he will surely attract.

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly
Ev's: 16 Speed, 248 HP, 124 defense, 120 Special Defense
-Substitute
-SwordsDance
-Baton Pass
-X-Scissor
I know Smogon says to not try the Umbreon/Ninjask duo, but I think it could work as I'll Explain later. After he gets sent in, the first thing I'll do is throw up a substitute. After that I'll Swords Dance until the sub is broken. After the sub is broken, I'll baton pass to my surprise finisher: Electivire. More on that in a minute. Obvious nature is obvious. Jolly for uncanny speed. The spread works so that after 1 speed boost I out speed EVERYTHING. HP so Ninjask has some sort of HP, and the rest is used to balance his poor defences. Leftovers is used to heal while behind the sub.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
Ev's: 252 Speed, 252 HP, 4 Attack
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake
This is where the team gets interesting. I choose Electivire as my primary sweeper for two reasons. Reason number one is his very respectable move pool and reason number two is that he is an underdog. He is going to be recieving both swords dances and speed boost from Ninjask, so his average stats suddenly become very, very scary. The move set hits 13 of the 17 types for super effective which is why I put on the Expert belt. It's really tempting to put life orb on, but the damage might bite me in the butt. Adamant is used to boost his already stellar attack stat. Max speed evs for obvious reasons, and max hp evs so that he has a better chance of surviving the one hit he has to take from ninjask baton pass, and all entry hazards there may be.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EV's: 252 Attack, 248 HP, 8 Speed
-Bullet Punch
-Aerial Ace
-U-turn
-Super power
My last two pokes are used as cleaner uppers although, they could also punch holes in the beginning if needed. My first is this offensive Scizor. Technician + Choice band + STAB = One killer Bullet punch. U-turn for some decent damage. Super power to counter my counters. And then there is aerial ace. I know the "normal" move to use there would be pursuit or quick attack, but in the off chance a fighter kill Umbreon, Scizor can come in and get the revenge kill. The EV spread works to get the most attack out of scizor as possible, and to give him some extra longevity.

Gengar @ Life orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball
-Thunder bolt
And here is the final member of the team. A late game sweeper should something happen to Electivire. Pretty straight forward, an all out attacker. Shadow ball for STAB. Energy ball for troublesome Swamperts. Focus blast for steel types. And lastly Thunderbolt to send those sea lovers to their watery graves.

Overall Strategy​
And that is that. Now before you go on your way of rating I want a chance to back up my strategy. Once Umbreon hits the field, there are only 4 moves that will give me trouble: Roar, Wirlwind, Taunt, and explosion. This is because those are the only moves my opponent can use to get out of the mean look trap since killing Umbreon is much easier said then done. Once I trap something that lacks one of those moves, Everything falls into place. Because Umbreon is not the fastest thing in the world, He will take the hit before baton passes which is crucial sense Ninjask really isn't meant to take hits. This also plays to my advantage because When ninjask enters, the foe will be asleep for a garrented 2 turns, which is more then enough. Turn one I use substitute, and get a speed boost. Turn two swords dance and speed boost. Turn three, I use a second swords dance and get a third speed boost and if lady luck isn't on my side, my sub is broken. That means when I baton pass to Electivire he will have +3 speed, and +4 Attack. Should lady luck be on my side, I would also pass the sub which would. The enemy has 1 shot at Electivire after ninjask takes his leave, and because Electivire is so uncommon I highly doubt that anyone would try a ground type attack on ninjask, should they have it.

Closing thoughts
I would say this is best case scenario, but it really isn't that hard. I can use scizor and gengar to scout early game and see possible phazers, taunters, and boomers. So now that you see the method behind the madness please please rate my team fairly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)