Online Competition 2017 No Holds Barred

I was thinking a team with Tapu Lele Pheramosa Mega Blaziken and Suicune. What else would go with that core? Deoxys + magearna?

Pretty interested in this meta! I'm not usually a fan of Singles formats, but any format that allows Skymin and other Mythicals is A-OK in my book.
Agreed. I've been waiting AGES to use my Darkrai and Celebi in an official competition. Now I just need to figure out a team...

You want a Marshadow check?

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- HP Ice (maybe?)
- filler

252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin-Sky Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marshadow: 330-390 (102.8 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

My current team plan is Scarf Shaymin-S, Zygarde, Chansey, Scarf Phermosa (I'm worried about Scarf Shaymin and Deoxys)

Thoughts?

I'm just going to wait for someone to give me the run-down as to which Pokemon will likely shine in this tournament. This tournament has offered us so much freedom, that now we're completely lost as to what kind of strategy to incorporate. Heck, this is the first competition that allows Mega-Stones, Soul Dew, Primal-Evolutions and event Pokemon (don't forget that we were permitted to use Ash-Greninja and Zygarde's final form in the inaugural Sun and Moon competition).

I've played a fair amount of games and so far I'm really liking this meta. From the games I've played I've observed that Marshadow, Magearna, and Zygarde-Complete are all amazing in this meta.
Marshadow can hit so much in this meta and has made most setup sweepers disappear. Technician + Shadow Sneak is so good for revenge killing. I've personally been using Sash Marshadow and it's been pretty nice. Being able to take a hit really helps Marshadow out.

Magearna is great since it's on of the few mons who can take on Zygarde-C easily thanks to Fleur Cannon (or Z-Fleur Cannon). It also has insane coverage and it really versatile. There's so many different sets it can run: Trick Room, Shift Gear, All-out Attacker... the list goes on and on.

Zygarde walls so much in this meta, the most important being Marshadow. I've been using a phydef set with 252 hp/ 252 set with Thousand Arrows, Glare, Rest, and Sleep Talk and it can tank hit after hit, even from some special attackers. This thing is really good and should be on every team imo.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cant say asked for some AG knowledge but (just from theorymonning mind you) I'm not seeing spam teams become ridiculous if for no other reason than most of the relevant legendaries are gone. I'd try things like multiple DD Zygarde and one or two have Yache, but aside from that the only real big powerhouse legends allowed for this are Marshadow and Darkrai. I'm sure Swagger Marsh spam isn't unusable, but consistency aside Fini looks to still be pretty good in this meta (marsh/rai/zyg check all in one). Darkrai also looks super threatening on its own if a little weak to scarfing literally anything, but it's not exactly the mon I'd want to bring 3 of to a match. If anything, it's the ability to run 3 sash mons that looks far more pressing, idk how triple Zygarde or whatever's supposed to be the terrifying legend spam format is supposed to compete if you bring a fairy and two sashed things with HP Ice. That's also a big reason Zygspam doesn't look so bonkers on paper, I don't see how Sash Marshadow isn't stupidly relevant here. Enough mons can break defensive Zygarde to make it seem manageable, but it's keeping DD in check that really makes the lack of species clause seem less impactful.

As for anything not immediately apparent that might be worth giving a shot, I suppose Scarf Genesect is always a mediocre letdown in like every format but you kinda revenge literally everything so maybe? Z-Hypno Darkrai seems annoying if ur not running that team RGB posted above with Scarf Skymin+Scarf Phero but that's a little obvious. I would love to see some Aurora Veil Alolatales usage too, Ttar/Hippo/Zard-Y look pretty garbage and you can provide support for boosting Rai/Gears/Zyg and break sashes with Hail. Oh and at this point in the post I've just seen Deoxys is legal so lol sashspam just got scarier and Genesect just got better. Unaware Pyukumuku and Clefable seem like they're worth a shot too. But saving best for last, Smash Cloyster looks like an excellent answer to sash/zyg spam with plenty of utility even if you don't want to set it up. The main question is figuring out the set, Razor Shell or a Z-move for Magearna are nice but Ice Shard becomes far more important to fit and you can also fit a Sash on without screwing over something else. So yeah, just some jumbled thoughts, might try this out if I got some time.

Zygarde + magearna assault vest + ?

What would be a good last Mon for this duo? Something that beats fini? Mamo sounds like a problem for this duo too. Maybe defensive calm mind clefable for last mon?

Ugh...I want to run Darkrai, but I don't know how to go about it. Dammit GameFreak why did you nerf Dark Void?
Darkrai always had much more than a mere 80% accurate sleep move.

It's one of the best special sweepers overall, with great Special Attack, speed tying with Marshadow, having access to Nasty Plot as well as strong enough coverage to beat Fairies (huge for a Dark-type) and it's not that frail for non-Uber standards.

It's one of the best special sweepers overall, with great Special Attack, speed tying with Marshadow, having access to Nasty Plot as well as strong enough coverage to beat Fairies (huge for a Dark-type) and it's not that frail for non-Uber standards.
Thank you for saying that. That really warms my heart.

So do you Scarf it and hope to outspeed Marshadow? Or do you put a Sash on it and survive a hit regardless? :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)