Smogon Forums

Machiavelli
Since most endless battles happen on the ladder anyway just by the law of large numbers, we reduce the bulk of the problem this way. Much like tours have a platform for people to ask for draws, this gives the ladder one too where there previously was none.
Zarel
Zarel
I've explained what's wrong with a draw button like fifty times, can you just go and read one of those times? It being on the ladder does help at all.
Machiavelli
That's why I pointed out the fact that all the ladder needs is some option for a draw, even if, like you said, the other player can simply not agree to it. In the large amount of cases both players *do* want a draw after 1000 turns, they just have no way to do so. Your point about the draw button being an admission to failed game design is far less of an admission to failure than a game that literally cannot end.
Machiavelli
Sorry if I'm annoying I just want to find a solution. This is why I don't like the point about finding better solutions for a more consistently enforced rule, because essentially it's the Sunk Cost Fallacy - we've gone this far without a solution but instead of testing various things we want to keep letting endless games happen until the best solution is discovered?