Jellicent
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, Jellicent! I wrote up a concise list of all gen 1 tradeback moves that gen 1 LC Pokemon can obtain - am i allowed to bump your old Gen 1 LC thread to post it?
    So what do you think could i reserve Haunter? if you want even more information it's for the UU tier for generation 1 (just wanted to know if i need to do anything else to reserve a pokemon alright?)
    Hey jellicent. I reserved gen 5 and 6 uu analysis on zoroark. Does that mean I'm ready to begin writing? I'm still awaiting reply.
    Hello Jellicent i wanted to ask you something:
    So i was looking through the Smogon dex and i was looking at the analysis for the gen 1 mons and i noticed on pokemon like Blastoise,Venusaur and Charizard that they don't have any analysis in UU,they have one only in OU.
    Why is that?
    apokemontrainer68
    apokemontrainer68
    I would use Tauros having some niche in Ubers because how good it was.
    Jellicent
    Jellicent
    most of the rby ou analyses have been revamped, so ubers mentions aren't in those anymore (dunno if they were before, though i know at least adv analyses had ubers / ou / uu sets on the same page for a mon)

tauros getting a KO gives mewtwo a free chance to come in and set up an amnesia, which is something you never really want to do. it's not /awful/ in ubers, but generally it's just not as good of an environment for it :/
    apokemontrainer68
    apokemontrainer68
    Well at least it could do some damage instead of doing nothing like if you bring a Onix,Butterfree,Beedrill,etc they would be 1 shot and wouldn't have a chance to do anything.Onix wouldn't have time to explode and even if it did Mew could take the hit no problem.At least Tauros is very good in OU right?.
    i rewatched series one of skins recently and thought about you a lot while i did it
    Jellicent
    Jellicent
    yeah, though 7th wasn't as fun as having them all as a crew. and man, cook's up there with chris for me. he does come off as an asshole at first, but the dude's got layers~
    ryan
    ryan
    that's true, i should rewatch those two series and see what's up again.
    Jellicent
    Jellicent
    problem with second cast was mostly writing, imo. like, there were times where you're just wondering why they're even friends, and the whole group felt kinda forced. and with all the shitty things cook does, there's only one time that pops to mind where he came off as pointlessly malicious, which just seemed out of character and again the result of poor writing
    Hey so i saw your message about my LC Abra "analysis" and i wanted to say that after i looked more into my analysis it was pretty unprepared since i didn't research much but i will not give up on this.I will be coming back after i have a real analysis.
    Jellicent
    Jellicent
    glad to hear it, man. the best research is just playing, so finding peeps in the RoA room on PS or something to battle with is a good idea~
    apokemontrainer68
    apokemontrainer68
    Maybe next time i should mention what Abra speed ties with.
    Jellicent
    Jellicent
    yeah, that's a really rough speed tier that it sits in, though at least it packs twave to help with that. an abra + staryu core works wonders for speed control, btw. they threaten pretty much everything besides drowzee together, and alongside the basically mandatory diglett, you've got a solid cleanup crew.
    hope you're doing well and that your book about hedonists is about to be published!!!
    Jellicent
    Jellicent
    cheers poppy ^.^

yeah, i'm good. how've you been, man? and it's still just scattered across notebooks for now, haha.
    His Eminence Lord Poppington II
    His Eminence Lord Poppington II
    yea alright i finally graduated and now im floating around for a bit before going back to uni for law xd. are u still active on this site?
    Jellicent
    Jellicent
    congrats! floating around's the best, haha.

yeah, though i mostly stick to past gens these days. we recently got randbats for every old gen, which is pretty fly :3
    Hey dude, it's been a while, how's retirement?
    Jellicent
    Jellicent
    could've sworn i responded to this a few days ago, cheers ^.^

it's been a nice a change of pace, though i'm still leading past gens these days. how's life on your end?
    TMan87
    TMan87
    Slowly learning how to lead a project and discovering other interesting parts of Smogon.
    It's alright!
    Also, I was thinking: with every gen that comes and goes, leading past gens becomes increasingly difficult, doesn't it?
    Jellicent
    Jellicent
    nice! any parts in particular catch your eye?

to some degree, yeah. i recently redid the resource archive, and gathering all the oras stuff took a while. i still haven't really played gen 6 competitively, either :x

for the most part, though, it's just nice having new stuff to discuss every few years. the old gens playerbase is pretty small and most of them have been there for a long time, so new topics are always welcome~
    So...are you going to update "Mechanical differences between the gens"?
    Greetings Jellicent! I just wanted to ask you if your "General Pokémon Anime Discussion" thread is also for discussing the movies or if it's just for the series.
    like was mainly for jim carroll band btw
    Jellicent
    Jellicent
    catholic boy is probably a top ten album for me, every track is great
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…