Smogon Forums

Martin
Martin
zbr
zbr
o: nice!

i haven't rly watched any animes cause i'm a binger. i've only just started watching haifuri :X how are the animes this season?
Martin
Martin
They're a mixed bag. Watch 91 Days and Mob Psycho 100, and Food Wars is worth watching if you watched S1 (not as good as S1 but yeah it bridges to the next arc and all Shokugeki source material is completely spectacular from what I've heard). Beyond that there's really a lot of taste based things. One thing I will say is that Qualidea Code starts out really shit and is actually above average now, so while I recommend watching the first ep or two of everything else before you decide whether to drop or not, you should watch at least 5 or 6 eps of Qualidea before dropping it 'cause the plot keeps twisting and turning all over the place (major plot twist every 3-4 episodes).
Martin
Martin
FWIW Selector Destructed WIXOSS is a movie that acts as a sequel to two other shows which are sequential to each-other and it's not actually available in the west yet (much to my dismay 'cause while there is a big split between people who like it and people who don't I am definitely deep in the "like" ball park).
zbr
zbr
O: 91 days, food wars (my love), MP100, DGM Hallow, orange, ace attorney, LLSS and rezero are on my watchlist alr.

im midway through new game too :p

also, qualidea code is good? i'll rewatch it then. i dropped it aft ep 1 cause it felt rly eh at best D:
Martin
Martin
Yeah episodes 1-3 are fucking awful. I wouldn't call the show "good" in the traditional sense but yeah it's prolly one of my favorite shows on the season 'cause of the way that it changed and some of the characters actually became characters. Kasumi and Asuha are low-key legends, and I feel kinda dirty/guilty saying that they're near the top of my "favorite personalities" list for this season due to their dynamic.
zbr
zbr
hott damn. nice. also, isn't wixoss about a card game? o-o
Martin
Martin
U seen Non Non Biyori and Toradora?
Martin
Martin
yea wixoss is a card game show but it's not a walking commercial like other card game shows
zbr
zbr
toradora yes nnb no ):

Ö yugioh and vanguard are prolly the only card game anime that I've actively pursued and liked :v how is wixoss like?
Martin
Martin
WIXOSS is like Madoka Lite. It's extremely dark and explores various themes such as sadism, freedon/lack of it etc. Either you'll like it or not, and I've seen lots of extremely long debates over whether it is a good show or not, so you judge it for yourself if you watch it.
Martin
Martin
There are two seasons (Selector Infected WIXOSS, Selector Spread WIXOSS) and a movie (Selector Destructed WIXOSS) and there is a new show starting next season that I'm hyped for.
Martin
Martin
*freedom
Martin
Martin
Oh: and greed is a theme too
Martin
Martin
O yea watch NNB 'cause it's one of my all-time favorite shows
zbr
zbr
What's nnb about tho ? Ö
Martin
Martin
SoL comedy about a group of kids in the countryside
zbr
zbr
Oooooo sounds like my cup of tea

also quite sad that infernal got banned :/
Martin
Martin
wait what :O
Martin
Martin
Yo did she commit forum suicide or what happened I'm so confused 'cause her status says "that's enough for me"