Metagame [Gen 9] Balanced Createmons

What is Balanced Createmons?
Balanced Createmons is a solomod where you can create your own Pokemon with customizable base stats, types, abilities, and moves. Each of these aspects cost points, and each team gets 100,000 points to spend.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Is there a stat/BST limit?
No, there isn't, but you are limited by the 100,000 point allowance per team. Stats can only go up to 252 instead of 255 as the EV slider is used to customize base stats.
Q: How are point costs calculated?
It's a bit complicated, so I suggest you see it for yourself on the builder and join our Discord server to see the explanation we have put up. But basically, the better a Pokemon's stats/types/ability/moves are, the more points it will cost.
Q: Does the base Pokemon matter?
No. Since Pokemon-specific abilities are banned, and each aspect of a Pokemon is customizable, Pokemon in Balanced Createmons are essentially just sprites. Due to this, illegal and unobtainable Pokemon can be used (such as Gigantamax forms, Pokestar, MissingNo, etc.)
Q: Where can I edit a Pokemon's typing and weight?
This can be done in the details cell, the same place where you can change your Pokemon's gender.
Q: Why isn't Imposter banned?
Imposter is a necessary evil which keeps offensive threats in check. Without it, counterplay to sweepers is limited.
Q: Why do some abilities/moves cost 100,000 points?
This is how abilities/moves are banned.

Resources
Balanced Createmons Type Viability Ranking

Council
sojukirin (TL), Nihilslave (TL), rightclicker, anaconja, Glimmer, augustakira, donkkut, AppleSockz

Last edited:
Ruleset
- The EV slider is replaced with a base stat slider, and can be used to customize your Pokemon's base stats. The EVs of all Pokemon are set to 252.
- The primary and secondary type can be set in the details cell. (Note: The order of types only matters if the Pokemon has Revelation Dance, which uses its primary type.)
- Abilities and moves can be selected freely, with a few bans.
- The point total of a Pokemon is calculated based on its set (typing, ability, moves, and base stats).
- Teams with a point total exceeding 100,000 are invalid.
- Pokemon-specific abilities are banned, but Pokemon-specific moves (ex. Dark Void) can be used by all Pokemon. Form changing moves (ex. Relic Song) do not change the Pokemon's form.

Clauses
Stat Overflow Mod, Forme Clause, Signature Items Clause, Signature Abilities Clause, Z-Move Clause, CFZ Clause, Max Moves Clause, Terestal Clause, Endless Battle Clause, Nickname Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, -CAP

Bans
Arena Trap, Huge Power, Innards Out, Neutralizing Gas, Parental Bond, Pure Power, Shadow Tag, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard, Comatose + Sleep Talk, Double Iron Bash, Final Gambit, Rage Fist, Revival Blessing, Shed Tail, Bright Powder, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Razor Fang

Last edited:
reserved spam

anyways here's some sets that may or may not work

amnael tech frfr (Rolycoly) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sticky Hold
Hidden Power: Normal
Dynamax Level: 999
Tera Type: Normal / Dark
EVs: 80 HP / 160 Atk / 80 Def / 1 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Coil
- Population Bomb
- Knock Off
- Strength Sap

really funny to see imposter instantly dying if it works. sap is to prevent imposter from going to +5 and haxxing with knock.

The Nuke. (Arceus-Fire) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Hidden Power: Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 60 Def / 160 SpA / 60 SpD / 110 Spe
Lonely Nature
- V-create
- Solar Beam
- Glacial Lance
- Morning Sun

the idea is that in sun you're fast as fuck and don't mind v-create speed drops too much (and having stab solar beam off of 160 spa to smack water fcs). glance smacks dragons.
improof with fire immune steel.

Asgretalos (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Hidden Power: Flying
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 1 Atk / 10 Def / 240 SpA / 10 SpD / 69 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Matcha Gotcha
- Parabolic Charge / Blue Flare / Bouncy Bubble

used in the tour (and won)
triage gives your moves +3 priority, out-priority-ing prankhaze and killing them before they can haze
special moveset is used over, say, physical belly drum so you don't get too fucked if they live as tg can be spammed repeatedly
(improof with special based unaware or armor tail)

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
Hidden Power: Stellar
Dynamax Level: 5
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 163 HP / 1 Atk / 1 Def / 1 SpA / 1 SpD / 71 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Haze
- Lunar Dance
- Defog

5000-5500ish point steal
Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Hidden Power: Dark
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 1 HP / 1 Atk / 1 Def / 1 SpA / 1 SpD / 1 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Court Change / Topsy-Turvy
Shell Smash + Focus Sash + Psychic Terrain might not be worth it, I was running one set alone for basically the rest of the points and couldn't afford much else

Last edited:
5488 point steal
Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Hidden Power: Dark
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 1 HP / 1 Atk / 1 Def / 1 SpA / 1 SpD / 1 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Court Change
Shell Smash + Focus Sash + Psychic Terrain might not be worth it, I was running one set alone for basically the rest of the points and couldn't afford much else
To get the lowest points ur Pokemon should have more Spe and more Bulk.

To get the lowest points ur Pokemon should have more Spe and more Bulk.
How does increasing those stats lower points? :psywoke:

I thought it would increase them.

BTW, it's Prankster, so added Speed isn't necessary. And you're basically guaranteed Stealth Rock + one layer of Toxic Spikes, so bulk is only necessary if you want it.

How does increasing those stats lower points? :psywoke:

I thought it would increase them.

BTW, it's Prankster, so added Speed isn't necessary. And you're basically guaranteed Stealth Rock + one layer of Toxic Spikes, so bulk is only necessary if you want it.
A low speed is actually desirable as it allows for reactive gameplay vs offensive mons (ex. hazing after they boost, healing after tanking a hit), slow pivoting, and guarantees core enforcer. Therefore, a mid speed (60-69) has been found to cost the least as it doesn't have the benefits of low speed or high speed.

one of our council members is planning to get banner art commissioned so heres a shitty concept art i madeView attachment 605330
Mid banner, here's a better one
1708172450213.png

Also can we allow non-signature Z-Moves? They give a free Knock Off immunity (that our tier desperately needs we're already resorting to sticky hold) & the implications of Z-Move offensive behemoths don't exactly mean much as they have to give up an item. It also means that we get to use non-conventional healing like Z-Parting Shot or Z-Haze (Parting Shot in particular lets you heal up your offensive mons) and be less reliant on either the 2 cost Heal Order or the 8PP Recover clones.

Last edited:
Gonna just throw a few pokepastes for the teams I use:
Balanced, with a side of stall: https://pokepast.es/72ff06b03a46d35c
Heavy Stall, with a Supreme Overlord kicker: https://pokepast.es/75caada259db7c5d
Pure Evil Regenerator Stall: https://pokepast.es/fdbd4a27693636d1
Rain/Electric Terrain Offense: https://pokepast.es/054e8d8276c53960

Gonna note for the rain team that it has a really fun method of improofing - there's One mon on the team immune to all attacks all the other mons use, and then there's also an imposter mon with magic powder - if someone imposters an offensive mon I get a free switch, if someone imposters my improofer I switch in my own imposter and magic powder it so that it can be hit

...also, please don't use my regenerator team on ladder. I can guarantee that it'll turn basically every game into a PP stalling snoozefest.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/groudon-primal::sv/naganadel::sv/charizard-mega-y::sv/manaphy::sv/blastoise-mega::sv/melmetal:
i decided to try my hand at this because it looks interesting
i loosely based it off of the ho sample team, with making my own adjustments
i based it off of this guy :groudon-primal:, because it was broken everywhere else, and decided to make it a shell smash sweeper because both are usually banned in standard bh. (and so is thousand arrows)
:naganadel: i'm basing this off of simple no retreat users because they work pretty well, and this is pretty basic
:charizard-mega-y: boltbeam is so much fun, so i wanted to make it fast and frail, while not falling prey to stuff like prankster and unaware
:manaphy: one thing i realised is that triage is mandatory to stop set up sweepers and improof my own, so i chose manaphy since it usually gets tail glow
:blastoise-mega: ground/fairy is a criminal typing, while also improofing manaphy
:melmetal: i chose unaware to counter literally everything apart from my pdon, which fucks this thing
any feedback would be great (also if this team is good, with hardly any flaws [unlikely tho], can it be sample?)

Last edited:
:sv/groudon-primal::sv/naganadel::sv/charizard-mega-y::sv/manaphy::sv/blastoise-mega::sv/melmetal:
i decided to try my hand at this because it looks interesting
i loosely based it off of the ho sample team, with making my own adjustments
i based it off of this guy :groudon-primal:, because it was broken everywhere else, and decided to make it a shell smash sweeper because both are usually banned in standard bh. (and so is thousand arrows)
:naganadel: i'm basing this off of simple no retreat users because they work pretty well, and this is pretty basic
:charizard-mega-y: boltbeam is so much fun, so i wanted to make it fast and frail, while not falling prey to stuff like prankster and unaware
:manaphy: one thing i realised is that triage is mandatory to stop set up sweepers and improof my own, so i chose manaphy since it usually gets tail glow
:blastoise-mega: ground/fairy is a criminal typing, while also improofing manaphy
:melmetal: i chose unaware to counter literally everything apart from my pdon, which fucks this thing
any feedback would be great (also if this team is good, with hardly any flaws [unlikely tho], can it be sample?)
several things:
pure typings (chosen by picking 2 of the same types in builder) are always cheaper than or equal to type + 1-cost type
a speed stat of 60-69 actually results in a lower cost as hyper-low speed is beneficial for slow pivots. if you want to be slower than that speed range you can also use 59 speed (you also lack a nature on melm btw)
with these adjustments, you'll get an extra 6k points to spend on stats & stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)